In season changes !!! Shocking

shocked the princess bride GIF

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Everybody else firing middling, loser coaches, while our experts will continue to insist to us that it cannot be done. Lather, rinse, repeat.
"Everybody else".

There's been one firing. One. On a coach that's been at his program for six years.

IF Pittman gets fired, he's in his 4th year.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
"Everybody else".

There's been one firing. One. On a coach that's been at his program for six years.

IF Pittman gets fired, he's in his 4th year.
Not defending the post you are replying to, but there has been 2 official firings. And I believe the poster was referring to the number of assistant coaches being fired or reassigned during the season due to incompetence.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Not defending the post you are replying to, but there has been 2 official firings. And I believe the poster was referring to the number of assistant coaches being fired or reassigned during the season due to incompetence.
So we've had what - TWO assistants get fired? Nationwide?

Fellas, bitch up a storm, that's what you do. But the stuff you come up with to justify screaming at clouds is ridiculous. While I'd love to see some assistants get fired, it's not happening. The idea of Napier himself getting fired right now after less than two years is absolutely laughable. Stricklin getting fired is even LESS likely. Put it out of your mind before you have a stroke.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Just goes to show you that when an administration reaches that point. They will find the money. Holy Crap 70-80 million. Billy would only be 31 million. Seems like a bargain.
In six years. Keep your shirt on.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Fellas, bitch up a storm, that's what you do. But the stuff you come up with to justify screaming at clouds is ridiculous. While I'd love to see some assistants get fired, it's not happening. The idea of Napier himself getting fired right now after less than two years is absolutely laughable. Stricklin getting fired is even LESS likely. Put it out of your mind before you have a stroke.
2 head coaches, many assts.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Bringing in Pitman is a no brainer.

Let Stapleton and Sale go to the NFL. Neither can recruit.

Wherever Napier goes, Sale comes following. I'm still looking for a sign that he's done something meaningful. And yet the two seem attached at the hip.

MooseSmack

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Meyer wouldn't take the A&M job if a gun was held up to his testicles.

In six years. Keep your shirt on.
It not about the years it’s the 76.8 million dollars they said he could have so they could walk away. Lots of folks on this message board said because of what we owe Napier we would have to keep him. I’m saying if the will is there the money is not an issue.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
It not about the years it’s the 76.8 million dollars they said he could have so they could walk away. Lots of folks on this message board said because of what we owe Napier we would have to keep him. I’m saying if the will is there the money is not an issue.
Napier's buyout is not an issue for UF. Zip. Those guys are simply opposed, right or wrong, to pulling the plug on a rebuild in two years.

MooseSmack

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Napier's buyout is not an issue for UF. Zip. Those guys are simply opposed, right or wrong, to pulling the plug on a rebuild in two years.
Ok so Nailer is staying then. Let pray year 3 is better. We will see.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014

You're right. In fact I plan to spend my next 2 Saturdays doing something fun and/or productive rather than watching this dumpster fire, and then after that, it doesn't matter because we won't be going bowling.

And halfway through next season, when it's all the same old thing all over again, he'll be fired amidst collapsing ticket sales and attendance, leading to yet another wasted year when everybody with a pulse knows it's not going to work right now. It's like driving 70 miles an hour down the interstate on a flat tire thinking that eventually it's somehow going to reinflate. The only thing the denialists have to point to is that he's some alleged great recruiter and that's all it takes. Jimbo Fisher and Ron Zook were pretty good recruiters too and it didn't work out for them, but I guess Napier is different because, reasons. It's certainly not because of his gameday skills as a head coach.

Whatever. I'm over it. Call me when the UAA is fumigated and maybe I'll be interested again. Otherwise they'll just hire some other Dollar General dumpster dive coach and we'll do it all over again.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You're right. In fact I plan to spend my next 2 Saturdays doing something fun and/or productive rather than watching this dumpster fire, and then after that, it doesn't matter because we won't be going bowling.

And halfway through next season, when it's all the same old thing all over again, he'll be fired amidst collapsing ticket sales and attendance, leading to yet another wasted year when everybody with a pulse knows it's not going to work right now. It's like driving 70 miles an hour down the interstate on a flat tire thinking that eventually it's somehow going to reinflate. The only thing the denialists have to point to is that he's some alleged great recruiter and that's all it takes. Jimbo Fisher and Ron Zook were pretty good recruiters too and it didn't work out for them, but I guess Napier is different because, reasons. It's certainly not because of his gameday skills as a head coach.

Whatever. I'm over it. Call me when the UAA is fumigated and maybe I'll be interested again. Otherwise they'll just hire some other Dollar General dumpster dive coach and we'll do it all over again.
Now this is a good post. This is the consequences to serving up losing football.

It used to matter, because it hit the schools where it mattered - in the wallet. Now with tv revenues, the money pours in no matter what. They care significantly less.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Now this is a good post. This is the consequences to serving up losing football.

It used to matter, because it hit the schools where it mattered - in the wallet. Now with tv revenues, the money pours in no matter what. They care significantly less.
Sadly, that is why I fear nothing will change, even after tater and his dad are fired. We'll just do the same bargain bin basement shopping we always do. Strangely enough we shop in the bargain bin, but pay retail prices. Gotta love the Florida UAA.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Most interesting stat of the day, and something to think about in the “next coach” discussion….

In the entire FBS, there are only FOUR active coaches that have won the national championship.

Four.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
aTm despite having huge money has never won jack sht and their fans don't expect to win titles, they just want to be competitive. despite that they at least make moves with some energy. poaching a coach with a natty, then canning his ass when he doesn't win another one despite top 5 classes is how it's done. if you're gonna strike out, at least do so swinging hard.

We step up to the plate with 2 strikes and attempt a soft bunt for a foul ball and strike 3. I'd love to see us can a dude not getting it done right after a large win. We do the opposite. Napier can suck dck all year but somehow slip up and win a game at the end of the year and Stricklin would be on his knees for him the next morning.
Their fans may have low expectations, but the guys with the big checkbooks do not. I expect whoever gets hired next won’t have the window that Jimbo did.

It sounds crazy to guys like us, but the reality is if you gave a few billionaires backing your program you really are set. The $100M it will take to dump Jimbo and staff and hire a new one is doable for say 3 or more billionaires.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator