CFB Coaching Changes: LSU loses OC, fires DC

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Sadly, that is why I fear nothing will change, even after tater and his dad are fired. We'll just do the same bargain bin basement shopping we always do. Strangely enough we shop in the bargain bin, but pay retail prices. Gotta love the Florida UAA.
I don't think you have to hire an expensive big named guy to be successful. I don't think it's because we're looking for a younger coach. I think it's who we've got looking for a younger coach.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I just find it mind blowing they aren't bkinkijgnst paying 75 million. If I was Jimbo, I'd never work another second on my life.

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
I don't think you have to hire an expensive big named guy to be successful. I don't think it's because we're looking for a younger coach. I think it's who we've got looking for a younger coach.

It's a profound lack of imagination AND diligence on the part of the UAA brain trust.

On GatorChatter alone, there's 40 or 50 experienced guys, former head coaches at SEC schools who overcame some adversity, led their teams to SEC conferences, and retired when they got bored.

They KNOW EXACTLY how to fix everything that's wrong in Gatordom, because they've BEEN THERE & DONE THAT. It's EASY if you know what you're doing.

And Strickland won't hire any of them.

Makes no sense.

Gator CPA

Nov 16, 2015
They’re coming after Napier!
200.gif

Gator CPA

Nov 16, 2015
aTm despite having huge money has never won jack sht and their fans don't expect to win titles, they just want to be competitive. despite that they at least make moves with some energy. poaching a coach with a natty, then canning his ass when he doesn't win another one despite top 5 classes is how it's done. if you're gonna strike out, at least do so swinging hard.

We step up to the plate with 2 strikes and attempt a soft bunt for a foul ball and strike 3. I'd love to see us can a dude not getting it done right after a large win. We do the opposite. Napier can suck dck all year but somehow slip up and win a game at the end of the year and Stricklin would be on his knees for him the next morning.
:lol::lol::lol:

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
Their fans may have low expectations, but the guys with the big checkbooks do not. I expect whoever gets hired next won’t have the window that Jimbo did.

It sounds crazy to guys like us, but the reality is if you gave a few billionaires backing your program you really are set. The $100M it will take to dump Jimbo and staff and hire a new one is doable for say 3 or more billionaires.
The saga of Jimbo Fisher also torpedoes that often quoted excuse that you have to give a guy at least 5 years to get his guys in and build a program and all that baloney. He was there for 5+ years, recruited well, yet A&M has zero to show for it and is arguably worse than when he arrived.

ted

Aug 24, 2019
The saga of Jimbo Fisher also torpedoes that often quoted excuse that you have to give a guy at least 5 years to get his guys in and build a program and all that baloney. He was there for 5+ years, recruited well, yet A&M has zero to show for it and is arguably worse than when he arrived.
BN needs to go get Durkin, Jeff Scott,and Sam Pittman this December. All are quality coaches and can recruit. Before Jeff Scott was known as Billy”s friend to GN, he was the ace recruiter and called the plays for Clemson. He recruited Lawrence, Watson, D-Hop, Mike Williams, and many of their stars on offense when they had the Run of Championships. Since leaving for USF, the offense and recruiting at Clemson has not been the same. If BN is getting until 2025, load up on quality assistants. When/if he gets fired, UF will have to over 11 million a year to poach a proven winner at the P5 level that will not be fired on the inter webs before his introductory press conference, might as well pay for quality assistants now, maybe this cluster f can be salvaged. BN will need to be nudged in this direction, hopefully for the sake of the program, he gets it.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
It's a profound lack of imagination AND diligence on the part of the UAA brain trust.

On GatorChatter alone, there's 40 or 50 experienced guys, former head coaches at SEC schools who overcame some adversity, led their teams to SEC conferences, and retired when they got bored.

They KNOW EXACTLY how to fix everything that's wrong in Gatordom, because they've BEEN THERE & DONE THAT. It's EASY if you know what you're doing.

And Strickland won't hire any of them.

Makes no sense.
:pe:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Well Arnett got all of a bowl game last year and less than one full season. Guess Cowbell saw enough. I do believe he is a decent DC though so I expect him to land on his feet.

Who knows Cowbell better than Cousin Eddie and Strichnine?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Well Arnett got all of a bowl game last year and less than one full season. Guess Cowbell saw enough. I do believe he is a decent DC though so I expect him to land on his feet.

Who knows Cowbell better than Cousin Eddie and Strichnine?
send them both! we will pay moving expenses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.