CFB Coaching Changes: LSU loses OC, fires DC

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
I thought Cousin Eddie would constantly be mentioned for huge jobs in both college and the NFL or at least that is what we were told; :lmao2: Just came across this little nugget.

Whether Syracuse has zeroed in on Dino Babers’ replacement or Mullen removed himself from consideration is currently unknown. But it does appear that Mullen’s name will continue to resurface for some of these second-tier Power Five jobs, even if he doesn’t like to recruit,
It's probably because he's already accepted the Carolina Panther's job.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
It's probably because he's already accepted the Carolina Panther's job.
On the Carolina Panthers topic, gotta hand it to David Tepper. That guy wastes no time admitting his mistakes and making changes. Hope no one is calling him a "Cheap "member of the Tribe"" LOL. Guy has money flushing down all kinds of tollets.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
No To Schottenheimer Jr. in any way. He may be OC in title with Dallas but the HC calls the plays. Schottenheimer has been unsuccessful in all his stops as a play calling OC in the league.
Exactly the reason Kellen Moore left Dallas for the San Di...err, LA Chargers.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
No To Schottenheimer Jr. in any way. He may be OC in title with Dallas but the HC calls the plays. Schottenheimer has been unsuccessful in all his stops as a play calling OC in the league.
He was not unsuccessful in Seattle.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Anyone know what DJ Durkins up to these days....if's he's still in Texas have him pick up Holgerson on his way to meet Urbs for lunch in Jax....

And tell Stricklin to pick up the tab...

Last edited:

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
We've seen these SEC movies before.

Jeff Lebby, who was the offensive coordinator at Oklahoma, is a more interesting hire for Cowbell than Mike Elko is for Texas A&M. Lebby is an offensive minded coach and that is what fans want these days. He was previously the offensive coordinator for Lane Kiffin at Ole Miss. Mississippi State is not going to start winning conference championships, but if Lebby can win 6 or 7 games a year in Starkville and play an exciting brand of football then he's set. I think Lebby can replicate what Mullen and Leach did there. State has an innovative AD in Zac Selmon son of Dewey Selmon and nephew of Lee Roy Salmon both legends at Oklahoma. State fans, for better or for worse, are energized again after being put to sleep by Zach Arnett.

On the other hand, Texas A&M, I think, is going to be disappointed with Elko moving back to College Station where he was defensive coordinator under Jimbo before he became the head coach at Duke. A&M fans are positive with Elko only because they thought they were getting Mark Stoops.

A&M got a little ahead of Texas when the Aggies went to the SEC, but now that the Longhorns are moving to the SEC I can see A&M returning to its second fiddle status in the Lone Star state. A&M's expectations are too high for what they can achieve right now. I can see Elko not doing any better, and a good chance worse, than what Jimbo Fisher did.

Schools are willing to pay a lot for mediocrity. It costs a lot to try to be middle of the road in the SEC.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Anyone know what DJ Durkins up to these days....if's he's still in Texas have him pick up Holgerson on his way to meet Urbs for lunch in Jax....

And tell Stricklin to pick up the tab...
Crete, if you want to be delusional, at least mention a name or two of a former head coach that maybe is competent at something. Holgerson is awful. And as bad as Les Miles was as a HC, guy can develop O-linemen. Now that is a delusional thought I could get on board with.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That is why I put quotations around OC above... He has the title, but not the job. Just like Napier has an "OC" on the payroll

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Crete, if you want to be delusional, at least mention a name or two of a former head coach that maybe is competent at something. Holgerson is awful. And as bad as Les Miles was as a HC, guy can develop O-linemen. Now that is a delusional thought I could get on board with.
Urban HC
Durkin DC
Holgerson OC
and bring Will Grier in to coach QB's.

Make more sense now?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads