Charley Cheeseburger is fired

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
G 2;n65995 said:
Unbelievable. It's almost like failing made him even more money.

I wonder if any coach not named Nick Saban has made more money over the same period.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n65842 said:
There are plenty of facts to support the proposition that Muschamp is the worst or one of the worst coaches in the SEC.

And there are people giving those facts, and then there are people that are just whining and acting child like. I think we all have said he is over his head.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz;n66008 said:
I wonder if any coach not named Nick Saban has made more money over the same period.

Lane Kiffin? Contracts with Tennesse, Raiders, USC, and now Alabama?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n66060 said:
Lane Kiffin? Contracts with Tennesse, Raiders, USC, and now Alabama?
Since he quit UT, I'm sure he got nothing. The Raiders stiffed him, firing him "for cause" (typical for Al Davis) - he sued the Raiders for the money and lost.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n65501 said:
Trying to find out who is saying that Muschamp isn't dropping the ball. There are people who are being logical about the issue, and others who just throwing tempertantrums and use logic/facts questionably to fit an agenda to make the emotions seem accurate. It makes it easy for people who like to be illogical to use statements like you made to not look at the aspects of what is going on logically, and just slam your fist against the table and cry about no one is listening to you.

Yeah. There's nothing about this statement remotely true. You guys are justifying Muschamp. People have the right to vent on a message board. Anybody who doesn't agree with your statement automatically becomes "illogical". There's nothing "logical" about that. You don't have to type "I support Muschamp" to support him. General statements, posting habits, and teaming together with the biggest sunshine pumpers East of the Mississippi to jump on every post by certain posters support that "assumption".

People also have a legitimate gripe with Foley. Although you never come out and say "Foley is doing everything right", your posts such as:

TheDouglas78;n64707 said:
Foley? At least by the way people talk about him here.

are saying exactly that. He is not infallible and he made a grievous error in hiring Muschamp. There's no way he could've known that this was going to happen, but it can be said with certainty that we should never hire a coach without successful head coaching experience. And btw, Foley was directly behind the hiring of Weiss a few years back. So, yes his hiring acumen in regards to our football program is ripe for discussion.

And yes. Although Butch Jones isn't a "great coach" by any means, he generates excitement for his program and the program was down for years before his hiring. Tennessee is trending up. We're trending down. The issue with Muschamp is not just his game day management, it's his interaction with the fans, the media, and his general unfathomable perception of the pulse of Gator Nation. Tennessee doesn't nearly have the talent we do and they have an entirely new O-line this year, btw.

So, give me a logical post on WHY Foley shouldn't fire Muschamp if he loses to Tennessee. And support it with how firing Muschamp will negatively affect the team, fan, boosters, revenue, and the future of our program.

This mess is ludicrous, unacceptable, and downright pitiful.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n66063 said:
Since he quit UT, I'm sure he got nothing. The Raiders stiffed him, firing him "for cause" (typical for Al Davis) - he sued the Raiders for the money and lost.

touche

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n66065 said:
Yeah. There's nothing about this statement remotely true. You guys are justifying Muschamp. People have the right to vent on a message board. Anybody who doesn't agree with your statement automatically becomes "illogical". There's nothing "logical" about that. You don't have to type "I support Muschamp" to support him. General statements, posting habits, and teaming together with the biggest sunshine pumpers East of the Mississippi to jump on every post by certain posters support that
"assumption".

Reading is a hell of a skill and knowing you affinity for english you should be using it more. Saying that a defense guru is allowing a defense to miss 30 tackles and in the defense wrong position. Saying that our offense has failed in many aspects is saying that we are supporting Muschamp. Saying that coaching has been a cluster**** (which you agreed to) is supporting Muschamp. That's ****ing illogical, especially when you yourself have agreed to the statements. So how can you say I'm supporting Muschamp when I post things you agree to in the problems we are seeing on the field. By that logic, you are also supporting Muschamp.

People also have a legitimate gripe with Foley. Although you never come out and say "Foley is doing everything right", your posts such as are saying exactly that. He is not infallible and he made a grievous error in hiring Muschamp. There's no way he could've known that this was going to happen, but it can be said with certainty that we should never hire a coach without successful head coaching experience.

Actually have said he made bad hires, but saying we should fire him for two bad hires. Or to call him fooley? Pointing out the circular logic of people saying we should fire muschamp to put another unproven coordinator as Head Coach. So being I make a joke, which only you didn't take as a joke and you get all pissy? Saying that his appears to be a bad hire, and should be cleaned up by November? I guess you forgot how you were openly supporting this staff until Alabama and said yourself that the standard is playing in the SEC Championship Game.

And yes. Although Butch Jones isn't a "great coach" by any means, he generates excitement for his program and the program was down for years before his hiring. Tennessee is trending up. We're trending down.

You blast me for saying he is a bad coach, but no one else........ I guess 2 SEC wins since being at Tennesse is acceptable.

The issue with Muschamp is not just his game day management, it's his interaction with the fans, the media, and his general unfathomable perception of the pulse of Gator Nation.

Already mentioned this on another thread, as a mod and a person who has to read all threads you should have read this. So I don't know what this complaint is about when I already said he has been horrible with the fans and the media. Due to his lack of perceived transparency. What is this complaint to me really?

Tennessee doesn't nearly have the talent we do. They have an entirely new O-line this year btw.

So, give me a logical post on WHY Foley shouldn't fire if he loses to Tennessee. And support it with how firing Muschamp will negatively affect the team, fan, boosters, revenue, and the future of our program.

Because we said he is given the season until we are out of the SEC East race (including you) one loss to Alabama doesn't change that. A loss to Tennesse makes it less likely. He has been given the opportunity to show he can complete in the SEC this year, he is the coach until he has shown he isn't in the race anymore. Foley is no fool and already probably is contacting potential coaches agents about interest. What will appeal to a head coach more a AD who gives a coach a year, then breaks him off due to fan pressure after going 2-2, or a AD that gives a coach a year and gives him the opportunity to prove he belongs.

Saying all that I believe we all would have been happy if he was broken off after 2013.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n66065 said:
Yeah. There's nothing about this statement remotely true. You guys are justifying Muschamp. People have the right to vent on a message board. Anybody who doesn't agree with your statement automatically becomes "illogical". There's nothing "logical" about that. You don't have to type "I support Muschamp" to support him. General statements, posting habits, and teaming together with the biggest sunshine pumpers East of the Mississippi to jump on every post by certain posters support that "assumption".

People also have a legitimate gripe with Foley. Although you never come out and say "Foley is doing everything right", your posts such as:

are saying exactly that. He is not infallible and he made a grievous error in hiring Muschamp. There's no way he could've known that this was going to happen, but it can be said with certainty that we should never hire a coach without successful head coaching experience. And btw, Foley was directly behind the hiring of Weiss a few years back. So, yes his hiring acumen in regards to our football program is ripe for discussion.

And yes. Although Butch Jones isn't a "great coach" by any means, he generates excitement for his program and the program was down for years before his hiring. Tennessee is trending up. We're trending down. The issue with Muschamp is not just his game day management, it's his interaction with the fans, the media, and his general unfathomable perception of the pulse of Gator Nation. Tennessee doesn't nearly have the talent we do and they have an entirely new O-line this year, btw.

So, give me a logical post on WHY Foley shouldn't fire Muschamp if he loses to Tennessee. And support it with how firing Muschamp will negatively affect the team, fan, boosters, revenue, and the future of our program.

This mess is ludicrous, unacceptable, and downright pitiful.

I bet that made you feel better.

Your post (rant) is well written but is based on assumptions, misunderstandings, personal views and emotions.

You mention posting habits and I find that humorous because that implies that people can't or won't change their positions and that's a false notion. I have changed my ideas about JD and WM. I'm now ready for changes to be made sooner than later but that doesn't mean I support or enjoy reading the same negative, half truth, illogical Bile that's posted over and over.

Bottom line is we are individually and collectively flawed, we are Fan's and we sometimes act like spoiled children... that's just human.

:chomp:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n66074 said:
Reading is a hell of a skill and knowing you affinity for english you should be using it more. Saying that a defense guru is allowing a defense to miss 30 tackles and in the defense wrong position. Saying that our offense has failed in many aspects is saying that we are supporting Muschamp. Saying that coaching has been a cluster**** (which you agreed to) is supporting Muschamp. That's ****ing illogical, especially when you yourself have agreed to the statements. So how can you say I'm supporting Muschamp when I post things you agree to in the problems we are seeing on the field. By that logic, you are also supporting Muschamp.

Muschamp is RESPONSIBLE for the defensive missing 30 tackles. The general direction of your comments to actively attack certain posters such as GatorFever because they don't align with your view is ludicrous. Btw, that's some circular logic to say that I agree with Muschamp because I agree that there are problems on the field. You need to look up the definition of logical. The English language is not your strength. You shouldn't use words you can't understand...

Actually have said he made bad hires, but saying we should fire him for two bad hires. Or to call him fooley? Pointing out the circular logic of people saying we should fire muschamp to put another unproven coordinator as Head Coach. So being I make a joke, which only you didn't take as a joke and you get all pissy? Saying that his appears to be a bad hire, and should be cleaned up by November? I guess you forgot how you were openly supporting this staff until Alabama and said yourself that the standard is playing in the SEC Championship Game. And lastly that statement was a joke.

Was it a joke? You meant exactly what you said. That's why you just spent that entire quote defending Foley's decision and attacking posters for using the name Fooley. Who cares that they say that? Why does that bother you? Why are you making it an issue? Is he a family member? Yes, the SEC game is clearly the benchmark. So if we lose to Tennessee. Then LSU... Are you okay with him being let go at that point? 3 SEC losses? We're OUT of the SECCG at that point.

Already mentioned this on another thread, as a mod and a person who has to read all threads you should have read this. So I don't know what this complaint is about when I already said he has been horrible with the fans and the media. Due to his lack of perceived transparency. What is this complaint to me really?

You are not the boss of what I moderate or what I read. Contrary to your ego, I can't read every post that you make. You know exactly what you're posting.

Because we said he is given the season until we are out of the SEC East race (including you) one loss to Alabama doesn't change that. A loss to Tennesse makes it less likely. He has been given the opportunity to show he can complete in the SEC this year, he is the coach until he has shown he isn't in the race anymore. Foley is no fool and already probably is contacting potential coaches agents about interest. What will appeal to a head coach more a AD who gives a coach a year, then breaks him off due to fan pressure after going 2-2, or a AD that gives a coach a year and gives him the opportunity to prove he belongs.

I agree with a good part of this statement but not the spirit of it. It has been proven again and again that when your coaching is a disaster, abrupt change can be very good for a program. See USCe last year as an example of this.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So is this thread about Charlie Weis getting fired or about how much people hate Muschamp?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n66087 said:
So is this thread about Charlie Weis getting fired or about how much people hate Muschamp?

You've been around here long enough to know the answer to that.:nono:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n66082 said:
Muschamp is RESPONSIBLE for the defensive missing 30 tackles. The general direction of your comments to actively attack certain posters such as GatorFever because they don't align with your view is ludicrous.

How is what I'm saying he is not responsible? As far as attacking GatorFever, actually you have the wrong person on that. I attack his logic on some posts and agree with his logic on other posts. Just like anyone else, every conversation is a conversation onto itself. That statement is a poorly researched assumption.

Btw, that's some circular logic to say that I agree with Muschamp because I agree that there are problems on the field. You need to look up the definition of logical. The English language is not your strength. You shouldn't use words you can't understand...

Actually it is logical, if I am criticizing the staff, and you view that as supporting Muschamp. But you agree to those criticisms that means you are also supporting Muschamp. If A=B, B=C, then by any true logic A=C. Circular logic where the reasoner begins with where they want to end. So my logic is that I'm critizing the coaching staff, whch means they are making errors. You are agreeing that they are making those errors. So that is supporting the staff? Explain to me how in pointing out the errors the staff and play on the field is having is supporting the staff. I guess it is similar to when you missed the statement "horrific and unexplainable" when I as critizing Driskel, then went to say how I was saying that all his mistakes were due to the recievers.

Was it a joke? You meant exactly what you said. That's why you just spent that entire quote defending Foley's decision and attacking posters for using the name Fooley. Who cares that they say that? Why does that bother you? Why are you making it an issue? Is he a family member? Yes, the SEC game is clearly the benchmark. So if we lose to Tennessee. Then LSU... Are you okay with him being let go at that point? 3 SEC losses? We're OUT of the SECCG at that point.

Seems some people got the joke, and you didn't. That's not my fault. And I didn't say anything about Fooley on that post, that would be Wobble.

As I have stated multiple times (including a few you have agreed to and or liked) once we are out of the race he should be given his pink slip. That hasn't changed from before the season.

You are not the boss of what I moderate or what I read. Contrary to your ego, I can't read every post that you make. You know exactly what you're posting.
When you mention you have to read every post, and am I supposed to assume differently? And I didn't say all MY posts I said all posts. You assuming that was an ego statement is on you. Though I do have a pretty big ego.

I agree with a good part of this statement but not the spirit of it. It has been proven again and again that when your coaching is a disaster, abrupt change can be very good for a program. See USCe last year as an example of this.

Because that is the same situation here. We have a coach on staff with Head Coaching experience? USC did. USC had lost to Utah and Washington State after starting the season being ranked in the top 3 and in some polls first overall. We came into the season with a new offensive staff still no one on the staff with previous head coaching experience and unranked. The expectations of the two seasons are completely different.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
deuce coupe;66078 said:
I bet that made you feel better. Your post (rant) is well written but is based on assumptions, misunderstandings, personal views and emotions. You mention posting habits and I find that humorous because that implies that people can't or won't change their positions and that's a false notion. I have changed my ideas about JD and WM. I'm now ready for changes to be made sooner than later but that doesn't mean I support or enjoy reading the same negative, half truth, illogical Bile that's posted over and over. Bottom line is we are individually and collectively flawed, we are Fan's and we sometimes act like spoiled children... that's just human. :chomp:
Great post. And btw, there are a lot of posters that believed in giving Champ another season because of the injury debacle of last year. And that's reasonable. Then this year a huge portion of those switched their positions because it's the same ol' product. Again,reasonable. And there are some who believe in Muschamp and that a change needs to be made at QB. Again, reasonable. To your point, this is a message board where we are all passionate and we come here to vent, get upset, cheer, and celebrate together. We're expected to be irrational. Hence the term "fan". Discourse should be civil. But if anybody is expecting consistent rational discussion then they're on the wrong medium.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;66093 said:
How is what I'm saying he is not responsible? As far as attacking GatorFever, actually you have the wrong person on that. I attack his logic on some posts and agree with his logic on other posts. Just like anyone else, every conversation is a conversation onto itself. That statement is a poorly researched assumption. Actually it is logical, if I am criticizing the staff, and you view that as supporting Muschamp. But you agree to those criticisms that means you are also supporting Muschamp. If A=B, B=C, then by any true logic A=C. Circular logic where the reasoner begins with where they want to end. So my logic is that I'm critizing the coaching staff, whch means they are making errors. You are agreeing that they are making those errors. So that is supporting the staff? Explain to me how in pointing out the errors the staff and play on the field is having is supporting the staff. I guess it is similar to when you missed the statement "horrific and unexplainable" when I as critizing Driskel, then went to say how I was saying that all his mistakes were due to the recievers. Seems some people got the joke, and you didn't. That's not my fault. And I didn't say anything about Fooley on that post, that would be Wooble. As I have stated multiple times (including a few you have agreed to and or liked) once we are out of the race he should be given his pink slip. That hasn't changed from before the season. When you mention you have to read every post, and am I supposed to assume differently? And I didn't say all MY posts I said all posts. You assuming that was an ego statement is on you. Though I do have a pretty big ego. Because that is the same situation here. We have a coach on staff with Head Coaching experience? USC did. USC had lost to Utah and Washington State after starting the season being ranked in the top 3 and in some polls first overall. We came into the season with a new offensive staff still no one on the staff with previous head coaching experience and unranked. The expectations of the two seasons are completely different.
Tldr; :suicide:

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Waste of Band Width!

:beating:

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Wow. ESPN just reported that if harbaugh is out in San Fran that he would consider the Ku job because his wife is from there.

Jay Glazer says he's out even if they win a SB this year.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
I thought for sure that I would wake up this morning and hear that Brady Hoke was fired. I guess their AD has given him a longer leash than WC has.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.