Chimp left a defense; what has Mac left?

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Aside from this heart/effort issue which must be addressed, I think the experience these young guys had to get because of injuries will be a help to whoever takes over. But, it's a big hill to climb. I guess they thought they had the right guy to do it, but they were wrong.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
A bunch of skilled players

Callaway
Scarlett
Cleveland
Toney
Davis
Lemons
Perine
Robinson
Franks
Allen
Loaded incoming Freshman class if a coach can keep it intact and add to it.

Uhmmmm....I'll give you Cleveland and toney. Maybe Robinson

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Uhmmmm....I'll give you Cleveland and toney. Maybe Robinson

Ummm, you must be blind if you don't think Malik Davis belongs on the list. I'd also include Scarlett, Perine and Franks. All very talented. Maybe not world class, but all very talented. Under the right coaching, those guys would all flourish. Lemons and Allen are the only two on that list I'd put at questionable, and mostly that's just because neither of them has really had a chance yet.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Ummm, you must be blind if you don't think Malik Davis belongs on the list. I'd also include Scarlett, Perine and Franks. All very talented. Maybe not world class, but all very talented. Under the right coaching, those guys would all flourish. Lemons and Allen are the only two on that list I'd put at questionable, and mostly that's just because neither of them has really had a chance yet.
I'll give you Davis, my bad.

As for Scarlett, he probably won't be around. Franks is the worst QB in the SEC. Perine is only playing b/c a true freshman got hurt and Scarlett is a criminal.

We have no O-line, no D, and a bunch of players who tweet way too much.

It is what it is

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Franks is the worst QB in the SEC.

I 100% disagree with this, sorry. The kid has talent oozing out of his ears. He just isn't being coached, nor put in a position to be successful. The WRs and TEs either can't get open, or drop the ball when he gets it to them. They have been a major factor in Franks' failures all year. Not all of it, some is on Franks. I don't think he's quite ready for the big time yet, but he was fed to the wolves because he's the best we have from a pure talent stand point.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
I 100% disagree with this, sorry. The kid has talent oozing out of his ears. He just isn't being coached, nor put in a position to be successful. The WRs and TEs either can't get open, or drop the ball when he gets it to them. They have been a major factor in Franks' failures all year. Not all of it, some is on Franks. I don't think he's quite ready for the big time yet, but he was fed to the wolves because he's the best we have from a pure talent stand point.

I agree his coaching and supporting staff hindered him. But how often do we hear that if the 1st read isn't there the play is lost or he misses wide open WRs.

I agree that a lot of it is coaching, him and TEs and WRs. But he's miles behind DelTwitter in setting the blocking or calling audibles. Has he ever called one?

While the potential is there, that's all it is. I do think he could do well in Frosts offense where he gets to use his atheleticism and does not need to make reads.

But right now, he's a head case with untapped potential. I'll pass.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I agree his coaching and supporting staff hindered him. But how often do we hear that if the 1st read isn't there the play is lost or he misses wide open WRs.

I agree that a lot of it is coaching, him and TEs and WRs. But he's miles behind DelTwitter in setting the blocking or calling audibles. Has he ever called one?

While the potential is there, that's all it is. I do think he could do well in Frosts offense where he gets to use his atheleticism and does not need to make reads.

But right now, he's a head case with untapped potential. I'll pass.

He's gonna be fine once the new staff gets here. He was raw. He got no real QB coaching in highschool. He played on raw talent alone. I'm not surprised he doesn't have the ability to read defenses like a graduate transfer. Or make adjustments at the line like one. He's just not ready yet. Don't count him out. The kid has the talent to be fantastic.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
He's gonna be fine once the new staff gets here. He was raw. He got no real QB coaching in highschool. He played on raw talent alone. I'm not surprised he doesn't have the ability to read defenses like a graduate transfer. Or make adjustments at the line like one. He's just not ready yet. Don't count him out. The kid has the talent to be fantastic.
Hope you are right. I do think he's made for frosts offense. He's got high end speed once he gets going

I just hope the staff didn't "break him"

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Hope you are right. I do think he's made for frosts offense. He's got high end speed once he gets going

I just hope the staff didn't "break him"

He's going to need to bulk up a ton if anyone plans to use him running the ball much. He ain't physically ready to be a run option QB, and I'm not certain he'll ever really be fit for that role. If the next guy is a really good offensive mind, he'll make it work around Franks or whoever ends up winning the starting job. It's entirely possible Corral is already more SEC ready than Franks, and he's not as long and lanky built as Franks either.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
We have a great kicker for one more year if he doesn’t leave early! :lol:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
My personal opinion on Franks is that he's not the future. While he has a cannon of an arm, he's got a windup so long and slow he makes Tim Tebow look like Dan Marino.

More importantly, I'm also far from being convinced he has it upstairs. In his defense, he went to the worse possible place to get any decent development.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
A bunch of skilled players

Callaway gone
Scarlett probably gone
Cleveland
Toney
Davis
Lemons- I hope, but so far it's is just a hope
Perine- mehh.... just a guy
Robinson- he has never even been on the field, may not be.
Franks- whehhhh I'm pretty sure this is in the negative stack
Allen- career backup at best, transfer likely. will never be an option QB
So really the list is Cleveland, Toney and Davis.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I 100% disagree with this, sorry. The kid has talent oozing out of his ears. He just isn't being coached, nor put in a position to be successful...Not all of it, some is on Franks.
He winds up like a rightfielder. SLOW motion. This isn't the kind of thing that is readily fixed by coaching.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator