Chip Kelly to UCLA: $4 Mil/Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxxodd

Chill Winston
Lifetime Member
Dec 2, 2015
Reps for UCF's Scott Frost to meet with Florida about job opening via @ESPN App http://es.pn/2A5y4Fa

So, we haven't heard from Kelly and are prepared to meet with Frost this weekend? How the hell does that conversation go? Hey Scott, we really, really want Chip, but if he won't take the job, we'd like you. We're still waiting on Chip, and if he calls, you won't hear from us again, but if for some reason he doesn't, you're available right? BTW, can you put in a good word for us with Chip?

I mean come on. Did Strick never go to prom or homecoming?

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I'd offer Frost 6 million per for 5 years.

Way too much, unless about 1.5 million is in incentives loaded to the back end and if he does not meet agreed upon standards he gets no buyout. Now those standards would not be number of wins, but rather process type of standards that our last coach broke continually.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I know it is Alky but he is right. This is nearly as embarassing as Fooley's first Zook hire... unless it works.

Notice no other AD in the planet is being so public? Even Tinerc and Clown town didmt PUBLICLY get turned down by Ck.

Bullshyt. It's been reported all over the place that Kelly said no to Tennessee.

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
So, we haven't heard from Kelly and are prepared to meet with Frost this weekend? How the hell does that conversation go? Hey Scott, we really, really want Chip, but if he won't take the job, we'd like you. We're still waiting on Chip, and if he calls, you won't hear from us again, but if for some reason he doesn't, you're available right? BTW, can you put in a good word for us with Chip?

It goes something like this.

Your season is over so now we can have direct conversations about our opportunity.

If you are interested you are number one on our list. We are prepared to be flexible in getting you the staff and resources you believe essential for our success.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Way too much, unless about 1.5 million is in incentives loaded to the back end and if he does not meet agreed upon standards he gets no buyout. Now those standards would not be number of wins, but rather process type of standards that our last coach broke continually.
Chief we arent going to be able to hire people for CUSA money anymore.

Sorry Mr Tightass.

BTW, Frost will get six mil per year. This isn't some babbling idiot from Montana who can't string together a sentence that no other team wants. He will make at least as much as Texas last hire.

Dunder

Dec 31, 2014

Believe it or not, Scott Frost is going to make the decision that makes the most sense for him, his career, and his family. He’s not going to think like a 16 year old girl being asked to the prom.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The latest ESPN story about UF moving on from Kelly says he met with UCLA in Los Angeles this week....which I don't know of anyone who's verified that he flew to California. There is so much dis/misinformation floating around it's absurd.
How is it that Kelly met with UCLA, in LA and no one can confirm? No pictures, no plane sightings, no plane tracking.

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016

Here's how it goes: "You both were #1 to us. We went after Chip first because he wasn't coaching and you were. We need this position filled sooner than later and that is the only reason we made a play for Kelly first. Now that that's over with, come be our savior and lead us out of the darkness. Whatever you want/need is yours."

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
We don't have another week to wait on a guy that is not even employed as a coach. This is some prima donna BS stuff.

Talking about Frost not Kelly, sorry for the confusion. If Kelly is not in by Sunday he is as we say gator bait.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I know it is Alky but he is right. This is nearly as embarassing as Fooley's first Zook hire... unless it works.

Notice no other AD in the planet is being so public? Even Tinerc and Clown town didmt PUBLICLY get turned down by Ck.

"No other AD in the planet is being so public". (actually a statement, not a question). Has anyone seen a written statement, a tweet, or any public proclamation from Stricklin about the search since they all got off of that airplane? NO. So who's leaking to ESPN,Yahoo, etc? I don't know. But Stricklin hasn't put any formal statement of any kind out.

This is NOT as embarrassing as the Zook hire. If anything, I blame this on Kelly for jerking us around. We don't know if a contract was offered to Kelly or not, but if Kelly really wanted it, he would have signed, or indicated that he will sign. Maybe he's just looking for a cushy job and doesn't like the high-pressure world of SEC football.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Don’t you remember Foley flying to Oklahoma to pursue Stoops, then Denver for Mike Shanahan, and then to New Orleans and giving the job to Ron Zook? I’d say that was anticlimactic.

I personally witnessed the video footage of John and Scott Brantley saying that they spoke with Stoops and he had agreed to coach the Gators and Foley was going to pick him up and bring him back to UF for the presser and to sign the contract. While Foley was in the air, the Oklahoma president persuaded Stoops to change his mind. I thought this was common knowledge around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.