Chip Kelly to UCLA: $4 Mil/Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
It’s embarrassing that we have a reputation for being cheap. We make more money than 95% of the teams out there and we won’t invest in our infrastructure. It’s downright embarrassing.
Agreed! Gainesville is a liberal town now so not investing in infrastructure is one of the only things liberals do consistently.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
At the risk of sounding like a broken record I still maintain that if Kelly and UF are negotiating it's a big, multi-layered complicated process. We want it to happen now and I'm sure the administration would like it to happen today so that Saturday's football coverage would be filled with the news and discussion of the hire.

There are just so many issues that have to go into a contract like this that I can't imagine it can be done in a couple of marathon negotiating sessions. And that's assuming there aren't some potential snags to be ironed out like facilities or assistants. I'm talking about housing allowance, courtesy cars, tickets/suites for friends/family, etc.

I'd rather have to wait another few days and get the right guy and the right deal than rush to get it done and mess it up. So, we wait!

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Newsflash. G'ville has been a liberal town forever. No connection there.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
It’s embarrassing that we have a reputation for being cheap. We make more money than 95% of the teams out there and we won’t invest in our infrastructure. It’s downright embarrassing.

Well the Lady Gator Golfers need new tampon dispensers so....

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I have a novel idea. Why doesn't someone from, say, THE MEDIA call Kelly at the ESPN studios and ask a dumb question.

Like, have you been contacted by Florida over the coaching vacancy?

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I have a novel idea. Why doesn't someone from, say, THE MEDIA, call Kelly at the ESPN studios and ask a dumb question.

Like, have you been contacted by Florida over the coaching vacancy?

I asked this question, seriously. I was told that ESPN ain’t talkin and that Chip isn’t available either...

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I asked this question, seriously. I was told that ESPN ain’t talkin and that Chip isn’t available either...

And was a reason given as to why neither is willing to talk?

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
7M4aq.gif

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Just throwing more gas on the flames:

Stricklin is a huge supporter of our athletics by attending the games

He was not at the basketball game and did not tweet yesterday. could he have been finalizing a contract agreement?

TIFWIW

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Negatory...it kinda adds to the mystery, huh?

Little bit. I do have to say it's unusual that parties to a negotiation this high profile keep such a tight lid. If there really is a negotiation going on, it's unprecedented secrecy amid the din of the internet.

This either goes poof-nothing or it explodes into the biggest college football story of the past five years. There is no middle ground, which is the real danger for Florida and its fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator