Chip Kelly to UCLA: $4 Mil/Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Such idiocy in this thread. Chip has signed but can back out until we announce it/make it official after our season ends. Just relax and wait until more official word starts spreading or until after the FSU game.....everyone needs to RELAX!!!

No need to panic unless it's Tuesday and we are still hearing nothing positive

Maxxodd

Chill Winston
Lifetime Member
Dec 2, 2015
Undergrad yes, graduate, at least law school is better. However, tons of Noles that are more into their undergraduate school than the one they go to currently (or went to for graduate school)

LOL, I'd be more into football and hot chicks than the McDonalds junior management training program in-service too....

SC Gator

Sorta Kinda
Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Local media already turned against Chip?

@GrahamHall_: Of the countless things I've read about Chip Kelly over the past 2 weeks, this passage from the Washington Post continues to re-enter my mind more than any other personal anecdote about him. #Gators

He seems like a dick. If you win, you are quirky. If you lose, you are just a dick

Mim Jacelwain

Oct 30, 2017
Such idiocy in this thread. Chip has signed but can back out until we announce it/make it official after our season ends. Just relax and wait until more official word starts spreading or until after the FSU game.....everyone needs to RELAX!!!

No need to panic unless it's Tuesday and we are still hearing nothing positive
Agreed, everybody on this board, is hanging on every tweet, story, and here-say quote out their.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
a_moute_noah.jpg

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If for some reason SS and staff are that monumentally stupid to blow this, don't count out where Shannon stands on the list. It would not surprise me that if we did for some reason miss on Kelly and Frost to see Shannon kept on as interim if we can find an up and comer OC. Nuss would be fired without Butters to protect him.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He's f*cked up plenty on football hires, esp through the 20/20 lens now, but no way was he dismissed. Heck, there wasn't even a consensus on Mac at the time he left.
Ok. Yeah.... he wanted to retire.... unless he got a Commish gig.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ok. Yeah.... he wanted to retire.... unless he got a Commish gig.

Tell ya what. I want to think Stricklin did a fine job representing UF and negotiating. But I don't know. I'll wait until all the facts are in and then I'll decide.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
So CK signed a deal sunday, as reported..those reports were indeed true.

But he has a back out deal..crazy
Sounds like he agreed to the terms, but informed us he wanted to see see what UCLA had to offer. Stricklin appeared to be pretty happy from the shots I saw of him when he arrived back in Florida so he obviously seemed confident he had his guy. All we can do is wait and see.

bucsdude

Nov 13, 2017
Local media already turned against Chip?

@GrahamHall_: Of the countless things I've read about Chip Kelly over the past 2 weeks, this passage from the Washington Post continues to re-enter my mind more than any other personal anecdote about him. #Gators

I don’t read that as “turning” on him. I think it illustrates that his secretive nature means that a lot of “sources” are speculating. It’s funny that he’s this notoriously secret guy and suddenly dozens of people have supposedly meaning things on his side.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Tell ya what. I want to think Stricklin did a fine job representing UF and negotiating. But I don't know. I'll wait until all the facts are in and then I'll decide.
I thought we are talking about Fooley.

OK back to Stricklin, if he loaded up the jet, took the Prez and the harem, including the contracting AAD, without an agreement, he is a major fvkk up and is totally over his head. You don't even LEAVE until you have it in hand.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I thought we are talking about Fooley.

Back to Stricklin, if he loaded up the jet, took the Prez and the harem, and left empty handed (if you believe current reports) or with a contract with an out, he is a major fvkk up.

Foley's a football f*ckup. We both agree. We have for some time. No issue there.

If Kelly didn't want to fornicate, tying him down to the bed wasn't going to make a difference. I don't know what happened, but if an out was perceived as the only way in, maybe it was. Fly, eagle, fly, and please come back. I can't comment on something I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator