Coach Mac Post-Game Press Conference

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Never thought about Summers being piss-poor OL coach. That would be the
best scenario = just change one guy. And surely Mac recognizes poor coaching ?
In all fairness we have been better pass blocking over the last 2 years so maybe Summers puts an emphasis on that....But for the life of me I can't figure out how our 310#,320#,350# guys can't blow a bunch of 2-8 defensive linemen 3 and 4 yards off the football.....We get NO PUSH from our offensive line EVER, and to me that is just unacceptable.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
And he should. I know about all the difficulties we've had there, BUT......IT's the 11th game of the season and guys like Dillard, Riles, Sharpe, and Thurmon have been here for 2,3,4 and 5 years. There really is no reason for them to still suck as bad as they do week in and week out, and injuries are not a factor in their suckage....Maybe Summers isn't all that great. Remember all the experience last years line had? They still sucked pretty bad too.

Could be. But I don't think that's the case. Those guys were not highly recruited for a reason. They are awful. The kids that we got last year are markedly better than them.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Could be. But I don't think that's the case. Those guys were not highly recruited for a reason. They are awful. The kids that we got last year are markedly better than them.
Sharpe wasn't highly recruited?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sharpe wasn't highly recruited?

Sorry, I didn't realize that his name was on that list. Obviously Sharpe and Ivey were highly recruited. The others not so much. I don't think that Ivey played yesterday and I believe Sharpe is playing hurt.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think that Riles played on offense yesterday either. He had two batted passes on the defensive line.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Sorry, I didn't realize that his name was on that list. Obviously Sharpe and Ivey were highly recruited. The others not so much. I don't think that Ivey played yesterday and I believe Sharpe is playing hurt.
Ivey played some at guard, he gets a pass because he's a true freshmen and battling an injury. Sharpe wasn't good yesterday and hasn't been very good all season. How can you be 6-6 350# and not be crushing peoples skulls like peanuts??? The suckage just hasn't rubbed off Dillard or Thurman I guess because they couldn't push their way through a wet paper bag.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ivey played some at guard, he gets a pass because he's a true freshmen and battling an injury. Sharpe wasn't good yesterday and hasn't been very good all season. How can you be 6-6 350# and not be crushing peoples skulls like peanuts??? The suckage just hasn't rubbed off Dillard or Thurman I guess because they couldn't push their way through a wet paper bag.

There were several plays yesterday where Sharpe was blocking no one and players were just running free around him. I think, however, that he's been hurt.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Are you sure that wasn't Khairi Clark? I think they wear the same number?

I think that Mac talked about it in his presser. Here's a tweet from Goldkamp:

@ThomasGoldkamp: Antonio Riles had two batted passes yesterday in first action on D-line all year. #Gators had two total going into the game by my count.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I think that Mac talked about it in his presser. Here's a tweet from Goldkamp:

@ThomasGoldkamp: Antonio Riles had two batted passes yesterday in first action on D-line all year. #Gators had two total going into the game by my count.
I didn't notice but that could be because I was so distraught by the fact that the offense was 2013 bad.

Blonde Gator

Founding Member
Cynic
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I believe they are analogous to what we call the under performers in high school..."Oxygen Thieves!" How you been lately, Blondie?

A damn sight better than last year, to be sure. Still enjoying your weekly screeds, too, Cover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator