Coach Mac Post-Game Press Conference

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Never thought about Summers being piss-poor OL coach. That would be the
best scenario = just change one guy. And surely Mac recognizes poor coaching ?
In all fairness we have been better pass blocking over the last 2 years so maybe Summers puts an emphasis on that....But for the life of me I can't figure out how our 310#,320#,350# guys can't blow a bunch of 2-8 defensive linemen 3 and 4 yards off the football.....We get NO PUSH from our offensive line EVER, and to me that is just unacceptable.

GatorJ

Hopeful
And he should. I know about all the difficulties we've had there, BUT......IT's the 11th game of the season and guys like Dillard, Riles, Sharpe, and Thurmon have been here for 2,3,4 and 5 years. There really is no reason for them to still suck as bad as they do week in and week out, and injuries are not a factor in their suckage....Maybe Summers isn't all that great. Remember all the experience last years line had? They still sucked pretty bad too.

Could be. But I don't think that's the case. Those guys were not highly recruited for a reason. They are awful. The kids that we got last year are markedly better than them.

GatorJ

Hopeful
Sharpe wasn't highly recruited?

Sorry, I didn't realize that his name was on that list. Obviously Sharpe and Ivey were highly recruited. The others not so much. I don't think that Ivey played yesterday and I believe Sharpe is playing hurt.

GatorJ

Hopeful
I don't think that Riles played on offense yesterday either. He had two batted passes on the defensive line.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Sorry, I didn't realize that his name was on that list. Obviously Sharpe and Ivey were highly recruited. The others not so much. I don't think that Ivey played yesterday and I believe Sharpe is playing hurt.
Ivey played some at guard, he gets a pass because he's a true freshmen and battling an injury. Sharpe wasn't good yesterday and hasn't been very good all season. How can you be 6-6 350# and not be crushing peoples skulls like peanuts??? The suckage just hasn't rubbed off Dillard or Thurman I guess because they couldn't push their way through a wet paper bag.

GatorJ

Hopeful
Ivey played some at guard, he gets a pass because he's a true freshmen and battling an injury. Sharpe wasn't good yesterday and hasn't been very good all season. How can you be 6-6 350# and not be crushing peoples skulls like peanuts??? The suckage just hasn't rubbed off Dillard or Thurman I guess because they couldn't push their way through a wet paper bag.

There were several plays yesterday where Sharpe was blocking no one and players were just running free around him. I think, however, that he's been hurt.

GatorJ

Hopeful
Are you sure that wasn't Khairi Clark? I think they wear the same number?

I think that Mac talked about it in his presser. Here's a tweet from Goldkamp:

@ThomasGoldkamp: Antonio Riles had two batted passes yesterday in first action on D-line all year. #Gators had two total going into the game by my count.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
I think that Mac talked about it in his presser. Here's a tweet from Goldkamp:

@ThomasGoldkamp: Antonio Riles had two batted passes yesterday in first action on D-line all year. #Gators had two total going into the game by my count.
I didn't notice but that could be because I was so distraught by the fact that the offense was 2013 bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.