Coaching candidates for 2024

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I don’t get all the love for this guy. He’s had one winning season. How was his turnaround any different than what Napier did?
If you watched his team this year you would know he’s about as far from Napier as you can get. Exciting football with a head coach fully engaged. Also keep in mind, 2 losses were overtime which with the college rules is about equal to a coin flip, and a one score loss to the number 2 seed in the playoffs. Granted, you would like to see a longer track record of success, but I think he should be on the short list.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
I don’t get all the love for this guy. He’s had one winning season. How was his turnaround any different than what Napier did?
If he hadn't went to school at UF he wouldn't even be mentioned. He's been fired multiple times and shouldn't be in our top 10 choices.

1)Kalen De Boer -His offense would be a perfect fit for Florida high school wide receiver talent.
2) Urban
3) Kiffin
4) Day
5) Lanning

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If he hadn't went to school at UF he wouldn't even be mentioned. He's been fired multiple times and shouldn't be in our top 10 choices.

1)Kalen De Boer -His offense would be a perfect fit for Florida high school wide receiver talent.
2) Urban
3) Kiffin
4) Day
5) Lanning
Great list. Shane said on his show today that he had been fired about 10 times already.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
What's truly remarkable to me is how many people still don't know how this is going to end despite the fact that we have all seen this exact same movie 3 other times in the past 10 years. The only thing we achieved by not firing him after the FSU game was ensuring we set ourselves back another year for no reason at all.

Dunder

Dec 31, 2014
So who do you want? (That we can actually get)
I’m not really sure who we should target. But the question is, is the UAA gonna put their money where their mouth is? Will they pay money to go out and get an experienced, successful, existing P5 Coach from another program?

I would say, go out and get a damn good Xs and Os Coach. I think Billy Napier would’ve been a really good hire 15 years ago. Hell – maybe even five years ago. NIL has changed everything in the last 2 years.

Get people that can coach and have a spectacular NIL program.

There’s a reason why Crystal Ballz in Miami is struggling so much. He is like another Napier. But a tad bit worse. Miami thought that they would just bring a great recruiter and it would solve all their ills. What they’re finding out is that kids are deciding where to go on NIL. And even if you somehow close on a kid without using NIL, eventually NIL will swing them right before signing day or later in the portal.
Well shiit, I think Mullen was pretty good at the x’s & o’s

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Kerwin just hired Jerry Odom, who was HC at D2 Tusculum, as his DC at WCU.
Really like Odom and heard he has done really well. He and Kerwin are talked about quite often on Shane's podcast. Tight group and it sounds as if they all are often contact with each other.

MooseSmack

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
There’s no doubt in my mind Billy wins enough next season to get another year. It’s 2025 at the earliest, 2026 is more likely. 2027 isn’t out of the question.
First I would think Billy winning enough next year to to keep his job based on the schedule would be astonishing. Unless he is already getting a BS break because the administration thinks the schedule is to hard for him.

What would be an acceptable win/ loss total for next season?

I think is most shocking how low the acceptable number seems to be with this administration. Have we become F-ing Vandy?

When is this program going to grow a set of balls and have the brains to get this program back to where it needs to be? You have to ask yourself Is Billy that Guy? If you have even a shred of doubt most likely you already know the answer to that question.

Why is it not a disappointment if we don’t go to the playoffs? Good coaches and AD’s are never ok with mediocre but it sure feels like it’s ok at Florida these days. It makes me sick to think that 7-5 is enough to keep your job.

That’s my Saturday vent.

Go Gators!

ted

Aug 24, 2019
Whenever the next coaching search begins without Strickland and Foley employed by UF, the list should only include proven P5 winning coaches. No more up and coming coordinators, G5 coaches who can recruit their respective leagues and wins the nobody gives a **** conference championship, and no more lazy ass coaches who hire their buddies, refusing to make staff changes regardless of the garbage on the field. Since the UAA is renovating BHG to the tune of 500 million, is anyone still buying the “Florida can’t afford to fire Billy and keep paying Mullen “ narrative. UF always has and always will have an abundance of resources to do what is necessary to have an elite Football program, we just need leadership that makes the right decisions and insists on excellence from the AD, Football staff and players.

GatorScott

If you ain't first, you're last
Jan 21, 2019
Whenever the next coaching search begins without Strickland and Foley employed by UF, the list should only include proven P5 winning coaches. No more up and coming coordinators, G5 coaches who can recruit their respective leagues and wins the nobody gives a **** conference championship, and no more lazy ass coaches who hire their buddies, refusing to make staff changes regardless of the garbage on the field. Since the UAA is renovating BHG to the tune of 500 million, is anyone still buying the “Florida can’t afford to fire Billy and keep paying Mullen “ narrative. UF always has and always will have an abundance of resources to do what is necessary to have an elite Football program, we just need leadership that makes the right decisions and insists on excellence from the AD, Football staff and players.
There's 2 things I believe strongly...Napier didn't fire those 2 defensive coaches (they resigned or gave notice to get off the sinking ship) and that Stricklin will NOT fire Napier (barring a flat out scandal) as it will equate to two colossal hiring failures by him since he came to UF as AD. Stricklin is trying to save face and Napier's ego won't allow him to admit he made bad staff hirings, etc.

We're stuck until/unless we get Stricklin out of office...

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
the list should only include proven P5 winning coaches.
Can't agree with this. There are solid examples of assistants and G5 coaches being successful. Shart is the best example that comes to mind. You just have to evaluate talent an Stricklin obviously cannot.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Was fortunate to see how Kerwin operated at VSU and he impressed me.

I think he would be a great choice and have said so for a long time now.
The fact he’s a Gator makes him so enticing, along with Fisch. Putting a priority back on beating UGA, FSU, scUM, and UT. Not kneel and give their coaches fellatio after embarrassing us.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
There's 2 things I believe strongly...Napier didn't fire those 2 defensive coaches (they resigned or gave notice to get off the sinking ship) and that Stricklin will NOT fire Napier (barring a flat out scandal) as it will equate to two colossal hiring failures by him since he came to UF as AD. Stricklin is trying to save face and Napier's ego won't allow him to admit he made bad staff hirings, etc.

We're stuck until/unless we get Stricklin out of office...
This is the main issue we face. Stricklin can't fire Napier or he's finished as a big-time AD. Stricknine will stick with Napier til the end of time because when Nape is gone so is Strick. The smart thing to do is to fire Stricklin first so we can objectively fire Napier sooner rather than later.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
This is the main issue we face. Stricklin can't fire Napier or he's finished as a big-time AD. Stricknine will stick with Napier til the end of time because when Nape is gone so is Strick. The smart thing to do is to fire Stricklin first so we can objectively fire Napier sooner rather than later.
If that is the plan fire them both on the same day, Have a committee lined up to vet and hire both positions. We really suck at football these days and BN can't manage mercenary football, we need a mercenary leader as they are all EXPENDABLE

1702141983949.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.