Coaching hires (at other schools)

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@BruceFeldmanCFB: SOURCE: #UCLA is hiring Vikings asst Oline coach Hank Fraley as new OL coach & TTU's DeShaun Foster as RB coach.. Scout 1st reported.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@BruceFeldmanCFB: SOURCE: #UCLA QB coach/#UDUB great Marques Tuiasosopo is expected to become #Cal's new QB coach.. 1st reported by Bruin Report Online.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@BruceFeldmanCFB: SOURCE: #Auburn is hiring #ASU's Chip Lindsey as Tigers new OC. 1st reported by ESPN.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
@BruceFeldmanCFB: SOURCE: #Auburn is hiring #ASU's Chip Lindsey as Tigers new OC. 1st reported by ESPN.

More on this....apparently Gus got told he couldn't hire any of his former pupils/assistants by the Auburn admin. They wanted him to bring in an outsider for a different offensive angle. Lindsey did spend a year there as an analyst but not as a coach:

Auburn: Arizona State offensive coordinator Chip Lindsey has rejoined the Auburn staff as offensive coordinator / quarterbacks coach, as first reported by ESPN’s Brett McMurphy. Lindsey spent 2013 as an analyst at Auburn, before going to Southern Miss as offensive coordinator and then Arizona State.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
More on this....apparently Gus got told he couldn't hire any of his former pupils/assistants by the Auburn admin. They wanted him to bring in an outsider for a different offensive angle. Lindsey did spend a year there as an analyst but not as a coach:

Auburn: Arizona State offensive coordinator Chip Lindsey has rejoined the Auburn staff as offensive coordinator / quarterbacks coach, as first reported by ESPN’s Brett McMurphy. Lindsey spent 2013 as an analyst at Auburn, before going to Southern Miss as offensive coordinator and then Arizona State.
Wow, admin with balls.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@BruceFeldmanCFB: SOURCE: OL coach Lee Hays is out at #TexasTech.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@AndrewGreif: Reaves was booked into Lane County Jail at 5:18 a.m. this morning on charges of DUII, reckless driving and recklessly endangering, per jail.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I bet Taggart hires another coach to fill the vacancy before we fill our spots. WIllie can hire a whole staff and now replacements before our guy can tie his shoes. WHat a crap show in G-Ville.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@BruceFeldmanCFB: With David Reaves out as Oregon's co-OC, don't expect the Ducks to rush to name a replacement within the next few days.

Does this not default to Cristobal? Guess he made a mistake.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
@AndrewGreif: Reaves was booked into Lane County Jail at 5:18 a.m. this morning on charges of DUII, reckless driving and recklessly endangering, per jail.

Wow. I hate to say this, but "like father, like son". John, former UF QB - and assistant coach under Spurrier, lost his job - allegedly - because of his drinking issues.

I hate to see someone lose their job over a DUI. It's inexcusable w/ Uber and other forms of transportation available....especially for someone making $300K (as far as being able to afford it).

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Ohio State: Former Texas quarterback Trey Holtz has joined the Ohio State staff, according to his Instagram account. Holtz is the son of Skip Holtz and grandson of Lou Holtz. He finished his playing career last fall.

Auburn: New offensive coordinator Chip Lindsey has a 3-year deal worth $700,000 annually, according to 247Sports. The deal includes an end-of-year contract completion bonus.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You can't bang a stripper in an Ubermobile....

So I've heard.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I read that a Clemson writer/media guy said that no way Clemson offered Rumph. Well, I'm sure Rumph is more thought of than this guy:

Clemson: Jacksonville State defensive line coach Todd Bates will join the Clemson staff in the same role, according to 247Sports. Bates has spent three years at Jacksonville State, and he was recruited to play at Alabama by Dabo Swinney.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I read that a Clemson writer/media guy said that no way Clemson offered Rumph.
I'm sure they didn't OFFER Rumph. Like with every position, I'm sure people called many people to inquire who may or may not even be interested. I suspect there were probably dozens if not a few hundred calls made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator