Coaching hires (at other schools)

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
i think part of the reason why we didn't hire coaches was due to the administration being cheap. Unfortunately, the university does not want to go all in on football. Alabama is all in and then some. Until the administration decides to go all in on football, this will be an average team at best.
Painfully obvious by now.

Isn't "the admin" the UAA? Aren't they a separate entity (w/ the obvious oversight from above)? In fact, they have their own budget and make athletic decisions pretty much on their own. I remember when I was part of the Gator Club system (as a club president and BOD member) we would go there for meetings/conferences once a year and it was a joke among the clubs that the UAA was referred to as "The Firm" (like in the Tom Cruise movie) because they were pretty much ruthless.

I don't get it at all.

I read the coachingticker site daily (and I usually post stuff in the Coaching Changes at other schools thread if there is something that SEC/UF fans might be interested in). I'm amazed at some of the hires.

For example;

Meyer fires his OC and brings in the former head coach at a P5 school.

LSU is going after the USC RB coach (and USC returns a hell of a team next year).

Taggert got Cristobol to go to the other side of the country AND hired Jim Leavett (former USF head coach) as his DC AND hired Louisville's DB coach AND Colorado's Safties coach.

Saban hires 2 former D1 head coaches (Sarkisian & Locksley) to fill openings.

Hugh Freeze hired UNC's DL coach AND LSU's ST's coach.

Butch just hired Brady Hoke, 2 time former D1 head coach.

Matt Rhule (Baylor) hires former OC at Temple to be his QB coach.

Maryland (Durkin) just pulled Kentucky's DL coach.

Louisville hired Mike Summers (P5 to P5 move).

LSU hired Matt Canada from Pitt as OC (imo, the BEST coordinator hire this entire off-season by ANY team).

UNC hired Texas A&M's DB coach.

Colorado hired Kentucky's DC.

Luke Fickell hired former SEC head coach Joker Phillips at Cincinnati.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This is the Urban Meyer coaching tree taking care of each other here:

Mississippi State: Texas State offensive coordinator / quarterbacks coach Brett Elliott will rejoin the Mississippi State staff to coach quarterbacks, according to the Clarion-Ledger and multiple reports. Elliott spent one year at Texas State after one year at James Madison, and he was an offensive quality control assistant at MSU from 2012-14.

(Everette Withers was at Ohio State w/ Urban....took the JMU job, bringing Elliott w/ him....then Withers got the Texas State job, taking Elliott w/ him. Withers built the team at JMU that just won the 1AA National Championship under their first year coach, who came from Citadel).

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This makes no sense. Why is he leaving? Money? Treatment? Working conditions? Poor leadership? What would cause him to leave UF for SC?

We need to bolster this support staff and pay enough to keep a guy if he's good.
I think Muschamp hired him here, so maybe loyalty to him? Not sure.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@AndrewSpiveyGC: We're told Florida is battling to keep Hughes.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@AdamSchefter: Alabama OC Steve Sarkisian is poised to replace Kyle Shanahan as Falcons' new OC, as @Schultz_Report reported.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@NickdelaTorreGC: Drew Hughes has been working his tail off in recruiting, doing the job of three people. He deserved a raise. #Gators are lucky to keep him

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What if Bama hires Chip Kelly...?

I doubt Saban would do that and I don't think those two could work together, but that would blow some minds.
Lucky for him... he has another ex-HC and OC already on staff with Locksley...

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I doubt Sark even gets this chance without Saban rehab'ing him. I wonder if Sark got Saban's blessing.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@BruceFeldmanCFB: Names I'm told could get consideration for #Alabama OC: Mark Helfrich, Chip Kelly & George Godsey who is tight with OL coach Brent Key.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator