Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
FYI there is a ton of buzz going on with Percy Harvin....rumors are that he might be joining the Gators staff in some capacity, looks like recruits are salivating at this being a possibility
No fvkking way.

Is there such thing as a staff herbalist?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This is one of the best drawn up plays of the Meyer era IMHO, and the little cutback Percy made was beautiful. Idiot Gary said their was a missed tackle...no, the guy got faked out of his jock.

I sure hope that Mullinz remembers he needs a FB to make his offense work well. I don't recall if he has been playing one at Cowbell or not.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The new David Reese coming in is probably the first good linebacker we would’ve had here in five or six years.

Well I guess I should take up to six years off that statement then. OK five years. Davis was recruited 5 years ago and Anzalone was 6 years ago.

Okay. According to your previous comments I thought you meant that we haven't had any good linebackers here in 5 or 6 years. You were meaning we haven't signed any in that period. Okay, I gotcha.

:fistbump:

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
I sure hope that Mullinz remembers he needs a FB to make his offense work well. I don't recall if he has been playing one at Cowbell or not.
Someone Billy Latsko-esk. Love that guy. What an old school football player.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Couldn't they move some TE's into an H-Back type role, and essentially accomplish the same thing?

Sure. They could move a DT or DE also (like Butters did w/ Bryan Cox). I was just pointing out to Law that there weren't any "FB" listed on the MSU roster. I think we'll see some sort of HB/FB/lead blocker at times in Mullen's offense. And if the QB isn't an ideal fit we'll probably see even more of it (like when Chris Leak was QB and they converted walk-on LB Billy Latsko to FB). We do return the RJ Raymond who played a lot of FB this year.

Jack o' Diamonds

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2015
Speaking of blocking, my McAfee blocked this page for dangerous content!!!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Speaking of blocking, my McAfee blocked this page for dangerous content!!!
Did that occur just after Swonkey posted?
thats-right-iceman-i-am-dangerous-quote-1.jpg

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't we use our FB a lot less in 07 than in 06 after Leak was gone and it almost went away entirely in 08. Maybe I am remembering that wrong.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't we use our FB a lot less in 07 than in 06 after Leak was gone and it almost went away entirely in 08. Maybe I am remembering that wrong.
well, we stopped using him after he graduated. the running offense never really worked without both him and harvin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator