Status
Not open for further replies.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I sure hope that Mullinz remembers he needs a FB to make his offense work well. I don't recall if he has been playing one at Cowbell or not.

He didn’t have a fullback on 2008 and the offense was pretty darn good

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think what people are alluding to is that when he has his big boy QB, that’s your FB. When you don’t, you need to add a blocker. That’s what I took from their statements.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I think what people are alluding to is that when he has his big boy QB, that’s your FB. When you don’t, you need to add a blocker. That’s what I took from their statements.

Just reading previous comments here, sounds like Pierce will add some physical inside running, too.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah but the running backs didn't do much without Latsko in front of them. When they did it was on a scamper outside while the defense collapsed on the Tebow option inside.

Last edited:

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah but the running backs didn't do much without Latsko in front of them. When they did it was on a Skamper outside while the defense collapsed on the Tebow option inside.
I remember Meyer saying the RBs were all "garbage".

Fun N' Stun

Nov 15, 2014
Yeah but the running backs didn't do much without Latsko in front of them. When they did it was on a Skamper outside while the defense collapsed on the Tebow option inside.
Because back then aside from Tebow and Harvin we didn't have any good running backs. Demps and Rainey were undersized scatbacks that should have been situational backs, but were instead featured in the offense because of Meyers inability to draw in top running back recruits especially ones with size like Trent Richardson. The knock on the spread back then was that it wasn't good for big runningbacks. That has changed now and all top spread coaches including Meyer at osu are reeling in top RB recruits.

As for the FB that is a dead position now. We won't be using a fb.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Because back then aside from Tebow and Harvin we didn't have any good running backs. Demps and Rainey were undersized scatbacks that should have been situational backs, but were instead featured in the offense because of Meyers inability to draw in top running back recruits especially ones with size like Trent Richardson. The knock on the spread back then was that it wasn't good for big runningbacks. That has changed now and all top spread coaches including Meyer at osu are reeling in top RB recruits.

As for the FB that is a dead position now. We won't be using a fb.
Don't forget "Moooooody".

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

It’s completely different

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Yes.

Watch the Mississippi State -Louisville game. Dline coach for louisville is one of our targets and Knox from MSU.
Rumors are Knox will be our OC after he finishes up this game as interim

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Rumors are Knox will be our OC after he finishes up this game as interim
Don't see where Knox fits on this staff. We have RB coach that can recruit. We just hired a /ST coach. And Mullen doesn't employee an OC. And even if he decided to go in that direction don't you get a coach with OC experience.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Who's the ST coach? The only name I know that's been mentioned so far is Warren, but I thought I also read here that he"ll be DB coach.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.