Coaching Staff Updates: Robinson named linebackers coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Who's the ST coach? The only name I know that's been mentioned so far is Warren, but I thought I also read here that he"ll be DB coach.
Thread title.
Teams don't normally hire someone to coach just ST so usually it's a /ST job. Knox is qualified to be RB/ST or WR/ST but RB and WR are covered. With the addition of the 10th assistant I suppose you could hire an ST only guy but then you've a got a recruiter without a position.

We need a DL coach and TE coach. And then you could argue that LB's or DB's could be split up.

1) Defensive coordinator: Todd Grantham
2) LB: Tim Skipper?
3) DL: ?
4) DB/ST: Charlton Warren
5) QB: Brian Johnson
6) RB: Ja’Juan Seider
7) WR: Billy Gonzales
8) OL: John Hevesy
9) TE?
10) ??

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Let Knox coach TE along with ST. Who cares if he’s never coached them before. He knows the offense and everyone says TE coaches just organize anyway. MSU had much better ST than UT.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Let Knox coach TE along with ST. Who cares if he’s never coached them before. He knows the offense and everyone says TE coaches just organize anyway. MSU had much better ST than UT.
When we got rid of Mac I hoped we got rid of assistants coaching positions they know nothing about. We just experienced that with Nord and it showed. No thank you. I want coaches with experience at the position.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
When we got rid of Mac I hoped we got rid of assistants coaching positions they know nothing about. We just experienced that with Nord and it showed. No thank you. I want coaches with experience at the position.
Hes coached STs though. For 6 seasons. Thats why im wondering where hes going to fit. Could be specifically ST coach but has coached WRs for a huge chunk of his career. But we have Gonzo.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Hes coached STs though. For 6 seasons. Thats why im wondering where hes going to fit. Could be specifically ST coach but has coached WRs for a huge chunk of his career. But we have Gonzo.
Well it's just internet speculation at this point but like I said it doesn't make a lot of sense. He does have more ST "experience" than Warren though.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
again. he's coming. wondering where he fits. can't stick him at wr. can't stick him at running back. mullen calls the plays, and gonzo and heavesy were his co oc's. doubt they get demoted coming to florida for knox. i'd rather stick him at special teams. maybe they fully stick gonzoles as just co-oc and give knox the wr spot, since he has his most experience there. just thinking there's a lot of guys on the offensive side of the ball.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
again. he's coming. wondering where he fits. can't stick him at wr. can't stick him at running back. mullen calls the plays, and gonzo and heavesy were his co oc's. doubt they get demoted coming to florida for knox. i'd rather stick him at special teams. maybe they fully stick gonzoles as just co-oc and give knox the wr spot, since he has his most experience there. just thinking there's a lot of guys on the offensive side of the ball.
But then, we seem to need guys on the offensive side of the ball.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
yeah that's why i'm really confused on where he fits. he also has done recruiting coordinator at one point. I have no idea how good his coaching history is but he did a great job with the bowl game today. but like i said, maybe it's best to get him on st's for at least the moment. MSU was top 20 in punt and kickoff defense this year.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Nah i just went off of what was on the ncaa site. Every other category you had to go back a few pages to see where they were ranked. Ill say knox is the one hire im not a fan of

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Nah i just went off of what was on the ncaa site. Every other category you had to go back a few pages to see where they were ranked. Ill say knox is the one hire im not a fan of
We are also installing a very different offense and he could be a wildcard and help out with whatever group is the furthest behind. He certainly knows the offense and what Mullen wants. He gets a 10th coach on the 8th (?), so maybe this is what he wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.