College Gameday in Fargo

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
AlexDaGator;n47414 said:
Two years in a row to FCS North Dakota State University? C'mon. If you want to throw a small school a sop every now and then, spread it out. Do a FAMU game, or go to the Citadel or Furman. Maybe Louisiana-Monroe or something. Has Gameday been Iowa State or Miami (OH)? What about UCF?

Alex.

Totally agree. No excuse for going back to the same small school.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
T REX said:
Yeah, the show isn't as much fun when we have sucked for five years...weird how that works. We used to be the top story and they would talk about us non-stop. Now? We're an afterthought and many of your interests have waned. Wicked weird.
No you may not. It isn't coincidence that people stopped watching when are team went in the crapper. When we were all the rage it was fun. Now? Not so much.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
T REX;n47698 said:
Yeah, the show isn't as much fun when we have sucked for five years...weird how that works. We used to be the top story and they would talk about us non-stop. Now? We're an afterthought and many of your interests have waned. Wicked weird.

vlt.gif
Not even close...I'm as calm as can be. That represents you more than me. I made a simple statement...nothing more.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator said:
oxrageous;n47728 said:
I still remember Corso holding his hand out to shake with the blind kid sitting next to him. :facepalm:

[video=youtube;L-tfHdRLZl4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-tfHdRLZl4[/video]
Jake. Great story. They played it while in Gainseville and the crowd started chanting..Jake! Jake! Jake! Fowler replied something to the effect...Classy GatorNation...a great moment in UF/Gameday history.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n47609 said:
I'd love to see NDSU join FBS and start shellacking those wimpy Big 12 and B1G schools on a regular basis. They're an extremely legit football program.

College Gameday needs a major overhaul. It's just not the same anymore. Desmond Howard is the Jar Jar Binks of that show, the theme song makes me wish for deafness every time I hear it, poor Lee Corso can't put two sentences together, and Herbstreit is just annoying these days. Whenever Corso is done with the show, they need to get some creative people on the case and change things up, because as much as I used to go out of my way to watch the show, I now go out of my way to NOT watch it.

Have you seen the SEC Network's show? They're going to be in Gainesville this week...

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
T REX said:
It is a Saturday morning tradition. Love Fowler. What other games were passed up?
OK/Tenn

SC/GA

FL/KY

Anybody besides NDSU....

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
T REX said:
Ok then, please enlighten us as to how the show is still quality viewing. In the last five years, they have:

1. Added Desmond Howard as a permanent member of the show, and anyone who has listened to him talk longer than 3 seconds knows how awful that decision was.

2. Kept Lee Corso on the air despite his health issues and inability to form complete sentences. (I understand the sentiment of keeping him on, but the show's quality has suffered DRASTICALLY)

3. Started going almost exclusively to wherever the ESPN primetime broadcast was going to be that night.

4. Kept using that horrendous theme song.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
T REX said:
There's no magical enlightenment. I guess I'm just way off base then...it is just a coincidence that Gameday has lost its luster at the same time our program has declined. My bad...what was I thinking. Seems off they have only been to G-Ville once in the last five yrs and went 3 times in the five yrs before that.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
T REX said:
Gameday's decline has absolutely nothing to do with UF's bad stretch. Zero. Zip. Nada. The world doesn't revolve around UF football. We had a great season in 2012 and it sucked that year, too. I also think if you took five minutes to search elsewhere, Gator Chatter isn't even close to being the only site on the Internet that hates Gameday in its current form, nor are Gator fans the only ones who hate the show now.

But who am I kidding? Don't let me stop the misery train. :rolleyes:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
T REX said:
It is a Saturday morning tradition. Love Fowler. What other games were passed up?
SC/GA was probably a target until SC got killed

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
T REX said:
No problem.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It's not like the UGA @ USCe is a very big game....

BearCatGator

Aug 26, 2014
I don't have a problem with them going to NDSU. The UGA and SC isn't on their network so why would they want to promote it? Besides Oklahoma and UT fans there isn't to many people looking forward to that game. Good time to go to a small school because the important games don't start rolling in till later in the season. Would be good if they would go somewhere else though.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
BearCatGator said:
I don't have a problem with them going to NDSU. The UGA and SC isn't on their network so why would they want to promote it? Besides Oklahoma and UT fans there isn't to many people looking forward to that game. Good time to go to a small school because the important games don't start rolling in till later in the season. Would be good if they would go somewhere else though.
Sure, but they went there last year. Why go again? And look at the opponent. That would be like them coming to Gainesville when we play Furman. It doesn't make sense. If they wanted to do another 1AA team they could have chosen plenty of other schools.

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
soflagator said:
Swamp Queen;n47475 said:
Game Day is starting to trot out the same schedule every year. It's awful!

They've been playing the same intro song since Debose was in 8th grade. Truly seems like they've truly just stopped trying. Zero chance that Michael Sam isn't a guest at some point this year.
But I'm not on the show SQ, I don't even watch it anymore either. It used to be must watch on a football Saturday.

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
It is a coincidence that we all believe the show started sucking when we did lol? It especially sucks when the clowns get so much run with Windusky...no thank you.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ItsDookie87;n47999 said:
It is a coincidence that we all believe the show started sucking when we did lol? It especially sucks when the clowns get so much run with Windusky...no thank you.

In my opinion we were still winning championships when it started sucking, it has been going down hill for almost a decade. Who really wants a segment with the stats guy sitting behind the crew?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.