Comparing the two deep talent for Florida/Michigan

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

olegator

Jan 23, 2016
The problem with this is that the high school players UF signed are NOT playing the high school players UMich signed. Instead the UF team is playing the Michigan team and players have improved, been injured, gotten in trouble etc since signing day. So comparing a bunch of high school players is pretty much worthless when it comes to analyzing this game.
Yep, not much to this analysis.....just numbers. Coaching will make the diff.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
The number of returning starters is a big indicator of success (or failure) according to Phil Steele, who is the best at what he does by far.

Michigan had a lot of blowout wins last year, so that younger talent got a lot of playing time - not starts, but enough playing time to not be "green".

UF, on the other hand, did not have a ton of blowouts....but we did have a TON of injuries, especially on Defense. I'm fairly certain that every single D starter we'll have this year started at least 1 game last year (unless a redshirt freshman wins a starting job, which is doubtful).

So, when we look at the number of "returning starters" our D is in decent shape. Look at the LB corps, all of those guys started games. Clark & Bryan combined for 8 starts last year. Dawson & Gardner have started games (and both of our Safties have as well). Sherit has 8+ starts and Zuniga/Davis have made a start or two each. We're not in bad shape.

This game should be close, and I'm guessing very ugly. Our O is going to have to move the ball and put up some points. Hopefully our D can get a few turnovers, but that's not guaranteed. I think Michigan is better coached than we are, top to bottom. But we should have an edge here w/ experience.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
They have slightly better talent in some areas while we have a little more experience, so that's a wash. This game will come down to 1) who has the better QB? 2) Who has the better coaching?

I'm not confident that we have the upper hand in either of these two categories.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Wow. Made it all the way to the second post before the thread attracted the QB piss'n'moan commentqry from all the other threads. Purty kewl.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yep, not much to this analysis.....just numbers. Coaching will make the diff.

200.webp

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Mich lost a lot. This is a game Mac should win if he's a good coach. Period.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
We stand no chance vs the mighty Harbaugh. I mean the guy has lead Michigan to back to back 3rd place Big 10 East finishes :lol:

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
I envision an ugly game against Michigan. Harbaugh will have enough defense to control any Mac/Nuss run offense. It's like Harbaugh is playing chess while are coaches play connect the dots drawing stars and bunnies. I think the talent level is fairly similar but the coaching is on a completely different level and it ain't close. This will be the difference in the game. It's gonna be very sloppy but I see a 14-17 point loss. I'll go 27-10

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I will be happy if we just score anything.

Im a pumper now.

We cant expect Mac to fix this mess in less than 4-6 years.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Mich lost a lot. This is a game Mac should win if he's a good coach. Period.
Agreed. Michigan is breaking in 20 new starters(?) in the first game of the season. Mac has a huge advantage and should win this game hands down. If he loses there will be a search party formed(coaching)...if he loses bad he may not make it until the end of the season imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator