Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Keep-Calm-and-Carry-On-Navy-Blue-Poster-Front__69597.1319984235.1280.1280.jpg

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Don't act like Conference Championship Games have been around since the beginning of time. As I noted in the original post, it's been 25 years. Not every conference even has one and the Power 5 are finding out more often than not, that the 2 best teams happen to be in the same Division in their own Conference. It could easily be found that more money can be made in the Playoffs than just a Conference Championship Game. Again, A Championship can be determined by the regular season and not another useless game.

My point exactly. It hasn't been found. That's why it won't happen.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
A situation similar to 2009.:scratchhead:
I didn't ask for a single situation I asked for reasoning. In 1996 and 2006 we would not have survived a 2 round play off and the NC game. Without playoffs our quickest path to the NC is to win the SEC. Nine out of ten times that win alone gets us a shot. Maybe one out of ten times the better team loses that game and it could be argued that they should get a shot. But football is also a game of luck. And it's more likely that the better team loses on a bad bounce on two playoff games. For us we go through the gauntlet of the SEC, then finish with F$U and the SECCG. After surviving that you want two more playoff games?

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Conference championship games are necessary to determine conference champions since we have these 12-14 team conferences now. The national playoffs should be formed independently of conference championship games. Give us the four best teams that can be decided as objectively as possible. Automatic bids would be a disaster.

This makes a lot of sense to me...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I still want someone to explain to me how you can be a "champion" of anything-- except life-- when you don't even win your division. This sounds like the kind of shyt Tinerc supported back when they had Payton Manning but couldn't win a division.

It's fvkking stupid. Want to get to the playoff? don't lose in the first round (in September or whenever).

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
A situation similar to 2009.:scratchhead:
Why? We lost in the second round of the playoff, the championship game. Why do we deserve a do-over? What's next? You want do-overs if we lose in the playoff also? Double elimination?

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm sure the Big 12 would be a fan of this since they don't have a championship game anymore. At some point I think a playoff expansion is inevitable.
Whether it be 10 years from now or 20. I'm not a fan of expansion at the moment, nor of the committee deciding who gets in. Say what you want about the BCS , but it usually got it right. Who here would be in favor of a four team playoff using the BCS formula? As opposed to a dozen knuckleheads sitting in a room deciding who gets to play and where.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I like it the way it is. 4 most deserving teams. Sure there's going to be controversy, that's always been part of the college game. But the regular season is like no other, and that should never be jeopardized.

I don't think it's realistic for fans to be able travel 3 weeks in a row with the prices for these events, even if the first round is at the home campuses.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I like it the way it is. 4 most deserving teams. Sure there's going to be controversy, that's always been part of the college game. But the regular season is like no other, and that should never be jeopardized.

I don't think it's realistic for fans to be able travel 3 weeks in a row with the prices for these events, even if the first round is at the home campuses.
I have no problem with 4 teams but get the human element out of the selection. Conference champion or you don't make it. Keep from having osu in every year when they don't deserve it. They are the new notre dame

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.