Corndogs Prediction Thread

Durty South Swamp

doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
I find it funny how a bunch of you are picking us bc of orgeron. Guess you don't actually follow football. Orgeron record, even against good teams, as an interim coach is outstanding. You probably also didn't watch them Saturday under him. They demolished mizzo, and were running 3 and 4 reciever sets constantly. He said he was opening up the offense, he did, and it's working.

Pumpers keep pumping.

NCOGator

I find it funny how a bunch of you are picking us bc of orgeron. Guess you don't actually follow football. Orgeron record, even against good teams, as an interim coach is outstanding. You probably also didn't watch them Saturday under him. They demolished mizzo, and were running 3 and 4 reciever sets constantly. He said he was opening up the offense, he did, and it's working.

Pumpers keep pumping.
Actually he didn't open the Offense at all. He spread it out and ran the ball. They had over 400 yards rushing with two players over 100 yards (163 and 130) and a third with 73 yards compared to 216 yards passing. That isn't opening the Offense. That is spreading the Defense out and running down their throats till the stack the box and hit a few passes to keep them honest.

Durty South Swamp

doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Dude, he is 17-27 as a Head Coach :lmao2:.....Bert is gonna torch his ass good later this season before taking his job next year...
Back to your moronic ways I see. Look up his record as an interim coach. Bc I said "record as an interim."

He tore it up at USC when kiffin got fired so much that a big portion of the fan base wanted him hired permanently after the season. He also just crushed mizzo and the offense looked very good. His problem as THE head coach is that he sucks at putting staffs together bc he's an idiot, but he's a hell of a recruiter and motivator, and LSU has a hell of a staff bc he wasn't the one hiring them.

Keep pumping fat boy, and nobody cares what arky might do to them. We care what Florida will.

Durty South Swamp

doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Actually he didn't open the Offense at all. He spread it out and ran the ball. They had over 400 yards rushing with two players over 100 yards (163 and 130) and a third with 73 yards compared to 216 yards passing. That isn't opening the Offense. That is spreading the Defense out and running down their throats till the stack the box and hit a few passes to keep them honest.
Yeahbi cant disagree with you more. It doesn't matter whether you are running or throwing as long as you are making the defense have to commit to stopping run and pass. THAT is what opening it up is. Them spreading them out forced mizzo to deal with stuff they wouldn't have otherwise, like actually covering recievers instead of just loading the box. By your definition, malhzan has never opened the offense bc he runs mostly.

TheBigClaw

Proud to be a Gator
Hopeful prediction.... if LDR comes back, at home against a good team we should be ready to play. Gators win 23-20.

Realistic prediction..... even with LDR possibly back the line continues to struggle on both sides of the ball and LSU pounds it down our throat, resulting in a 31-14 loss.

Captain Sasquatch

Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Back to your moronic ways I see. Look up his record as an interim coach. Bc I said "record as an interim."

He tore it up at USC when kiffin got fired so much that a big portion of the fan base wanted him hired permanently after the season. He also just crushed mizzo and the offense looked very good. His problem as THE head coach is that he sucks at putting staffs together bc he's an idiot, but he's a hell of a recruiter and motivator, and LSU has a hell of a staff bc he wasn't the one hiring them.

Keep pumping fat boy, and nobody cares what arky might do to them. We care what Florida will.
This is also the same Missouri team that's given up at least 400 yards in every game except Delaware State, and has given up 564 yards per game on the road.

Granted, I still think our banged up DL is going to be a problem this week, but judging how a fired up LSU did at home against a terrible defense might not be the best indicator of what's going to happen this week.

NCOGator

Yeahbi cant disagree with you more. It doesn't matter whether you are running or throwing as long as you are making the defense have to commit to stopping run and pass. THAT is what opening it up is. Them spreading them out forced mizzo to deal with stuff they wouldn't have otherwise, like actually covering recievers instead of just loading the box. By your definition, malhzan has never opened the offense bc he runs mostly.

Opening up the offense consist of having a balanced offense, or if you are known for running the ball you throw it. All LSU did was give the ball to their RBs and make it easier for them by spreading out the defense with 3 and 4 wide. This is what SOS used to do, but SOS would have 250 yards rushing and 300 passing not 400 rushing and 200 passing. Look I get it you are drinking the Hateraid and after the last two games I see your distain with our offense and defense production, but to say that LSU opened up their offense is totally false. They have one of the best WRs in the game in Dupree and he only had 37 yards!!!! Come on Durty, I had a little more admiration for you than this.

NavetG8r

Stupid
Lifetime Member
Another ugly game. Two pretty good defenses. Two pretty meh offenses. Maybe our DBs can snag a few INTs and help flip the field for Eddie to kick a few through.

UF 23
Corndogs 17

TN G8R

LSU wins 24-13. At this moment, I just don't see it looking good for us. Vandy gashed us. Fournette is back for this game and their freshman RB looked great against Missouri. I pray that I am wrong and the offense all of a sudden clicks and the defense comes together to back up the hype. They played 5 games so far and haven't improved, so... "if it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck..." Pun intended.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
He tore it up at USC when kiffin got fired so much
He beat up on the Beavers, Buffalos and Utes and now the Misery Tigers.....wow, what a resume. And nobody at USC wanted his fat drunk ass to stay there. He sucks and if Mac can't find a way to beat him at home then Mac needs to join him on his way out of town.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Ed Ogeron is all about slogans, gimmicks, and going shirtless. He was awful at Ole Miss and got fired. He does drive a nice Hummer though.

Prediction? LSU 24 FLA 17

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
This is also the same Missouri team that's given up at least 400 yards in every game except Delaware State, and has given up 564 yards per game on the road.

Granted, I still think our banged up DL is going to be a problem this week, but judging how a fired up LSU did at home against a terrible defense might not be the best indicator of what's going to happen this week.

What translate from one team does not always translate to another.

For example (from the Cohen thread): the Vanderbilt defense – 13th in the SEC in total defense, 10th in scoring defense, 11th in rushing defense, 14th (last) in passing defense, one that gave up 24 points to Middle Tennessee, 31 to Georgia Tech and 30 (24 in regulation) to Western Kentucky the prior three games, one that yielded 495 yards to Middle Tennessee, 511 to Georgia Tech and 496 to Western Kentucky (not to mention 308 to South Carolina, Will Muschamp’s South Carolina, in the season opener). And Florida got 13 points, 236 total yards, 92 on the ground, 144 in the air.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
UF - 9
LSU - 6

Eddy P with 3 field goals, the last one from 60+ and LSU with one of their Australian rugby kickers gets 2 dropkicks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.