Corndogs Prediction Thread

Sep 29, 2015
You think? I think most people want Mac to be successful. Now, they don't see that happening based on our current trajectory and coaching decisions. However I know (I for one) don't want to uproot an entire coaching staff again. I just want this one to work.

I hope we start putting it together starting with this game.

If the season continues down this path, he's going to have to clean house with his staff.

But if he decided to can Summers, Nord, and Nuss right now, I don't think there would be any negative impact.

Let's be honest. This place feels like a funeral home since Vandy, with Mac being the soonly departed. All here want the Gators to be successful. But, by my unscientific count - and maybe this is just a case of a loud minority being confused for the majority - most here think the Gators will not be successful with Mac. If you're in that camp (and, again, it feels like most are), then it's a reasonable assumption to believe that most here would be pleasantly surprised if he were fired.

Nord, Summers and Nuss - good riddance. I wasn't a fan when Nuss was named the OC and I'm less so now (but it is Mac's O and it shouldn't really make a difference which puppet has the title OC). As for Mac, personally, I think with the right pieces he can deliver a prolific championship offense and, further, that he eventually will (D may be a different story, but I'm hopeful there too). We saw it against Ole Piss last year. And he is already starting to get those pieces: Promising big young QB's with arm talent, dynamic young wide receivers in Callaway, Swain, Cleveland, Hammond, RB's that look like they can be bell cows (Perine and scarlett). I have seen enough glimmers to be confident that Mac knows how scheme an offense that can dominate with top end athletes.

As for this weekend, I think we see a rejuvenated offense with LDR back in the saddle. Maybe pollyannish, but I'm going to the game (subject to the hurricane ruining my weekend) and choose to be hopeful that we see the good Mac offense, not the bad one.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Let's be honest. This place feels like a funeral home since Vandy, with Mac being the soonly departed. All here want the Gators to be successful. But, by my unscientific count - and maybe this is just a case of a loud minority being confused for the majority - most here think the Gators will not be successful with Mac. If you're in that camp (and, again, it feels like most are), then it's a reasonable assumption to believe that most here would be pleasantly surprised if he were fired.

Nord, Summers and Nuss - good riddance. I wasn't a fan when Nuss was named the OC and I'm less so now (but it is Mac's O and it shouldn't really make a difference which puppet has the title OC). As for Mac, personally, I think with the right pieces he can deliver a prolific championship offense and, further, that he eventually will (D may be a different story, but I'm hopeful there too). We saw it against Ole Piss last year. And he is already starting to get those pieces: Promising big young QB's with arm talent, dynamic young wide receivers in Callaway, Swain, Cleveland, Hammond, RB's that look like they can be bell cows (Perine and scarlett). I have seen enough glimmers to be confident that Mac knows how scheme an offense that can dominate with top end athletes.

As for this weekend, I think we see a rejuvenated offense with LDR back in the saddle. Maybe pollyannish, but I'm going to the game (subject to the hurricane ruining my weekend) and choose to be hopeful that we see the good Mac offense, not the bad one.

I agree with you that most do not think he is doing a good job. I am in that camp. However I think most of us would rather that he get rid of his underperforming coaches and get this team on the right track. Can he do it? I don't know. He is a relatively young head coach and just like Chump did, he is having an issue with managing his staff.

If he handles that will we see marked improvement? I don't know. But I think that needs to be the first step. Now if we lost our next five games, all bets are off. But I don't think that's happening. He tends to win the games he is supposed to. He's just not very pretty at doing it.

And I would not want him fired. I think it will just set us back in recruiting and who knows what type of offense and defense will be brought in and how our players will fit. I'd rather he figure it out and be successful.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
35 - 14 Gators. Most of us are expecting LSU to come in to the Swamp and run all over us. That's certainly understandable in light of recent history. But, every Gator game I've watched this year hasn't gone as expected in SEC play. I think this game is this year's version of the UGA game last year. Some of it might be luck. Some of it may be LSU being a bit sluggish, but I think we win. Luke will provide a spark for the team and play a great game and Mac will coach one of his best games on Saturday.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I agree with you that most do not think he is doing a good job. I am in that camp. However I think most of us would rather that he get rid of his underperforming coaches and get this team on the right track. Can he do it? I don't know. He is a relatively young head coach and just like Chump did, he is having an issue with managing his staff.

If he handles that will we see marked improvement? I don't know. But I think that needs to be the first step. Now if we lost our next five games, all bets are off. But I don't think that's happening. He tends to win the games he is supposed to. He's just not very pretty at doing it.

And I would not want him fired. I think it will just set us back in recruiting and who knows what type of offense and defense will be brought in and how our players will fit. I'd rather he figure it out and be successful.

I guess my issue is why the hell did we hire someone that is learning on the job AGAIN? I mean can't Foley hire someone that is ready to do the job from day one? He shouldn't have to figure it out. Firing most of his staff is stupid. Just admit the mistake and move on.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Let's be honest. This place feels like a funeral home since Vandy, with Mac being the soonly departed. All here want the Gators to be successful. But, by my unscientific count - and maybe this is just a case of a loud minority being confused for the majority - most here think the Gators will not be successful with Mac.....

Nord, Summers and Nuss - good riddance. I wasn't a fan when Nuss was named the OC and I'm less so now
Nuss has been fired twice in the last three uears for a reason. I like him as trusted eyes in the sky but id like to see a lot more Colorado State's 4th offense and a WHOLE lot less of every other year of MacElwain and Nusschamp's offense.

Im not completely on the Mac Will Be Fired Train, but recruiting classes echo 2-3 years later. He has dug himself a terrible, terrible hole, worse than Chimp ever had it.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
I rewatched the vandy game and it really wasn't as bad as I had thought. Appleby is just flat out awful. He had a great opening drive against UT when the drive was scripted and that's kinda about it.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I rewatched the vandy game and it really wasn't as bad as I had thought. Appleby is just flat out awful. He had a great opening drive against UT when the drive was scripted and that's kinda about it.
I don't think all the offense's woes belong on Applebee's shoulders, but...I do believe LDR does a better job reading what the defense is doing and making adjustments when needed. He also seems to know where the receivers are going to be at the right time more often than Applebee, which kinda hides our OLine issues a little better.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
:rolleyes4:

Please stick with women's fashion.

Our OL is a heaping, steaming pile of shyyt.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

Tyler Jordan is expected to return, which could be a boost to the OL. I'm not predicting a miracle, but maybe his return along with LDR helps the O register a pulse?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
IMO Tyler Jordan is our second best linemen right now. He will have to help, whether he plays at RG or LG.

Quick passes and quick edge runs are the answer to a poor OL. I suspect we will see a few more.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014

Did I say it wasn't? Try pulling the dick out of your mouth for a second and read what I wrote. you can mask a bad oline some with better qb play, but appleby was just atrocious.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Why would you watch that atrocious game again again?

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
No, no, no...he was great against Tenn...I was told this multiple times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator