Credit Card Fraud Update: Smith and Telfort Gone

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
"I didn't expect these," Florida coach Jim McElwain said of the suspensions later Wednesday. "I don't expect any more. But at the same time, if there is, it will be dealt with. Some places, who knows? You might try to figure it out. And yet, at the end of the day, the positive is we're going to handle what it is and not run and hide.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...-more-players-ahead-season-opener-vs-michigan

Sorry, but this is some serious BS by Mac. The school already admitted they knew about this stuff quite some time ago, the school and staff may not have known the total number of players involved, but they knew about the issue because they said so when the info first came out a few weeks ago. The official statement was that this was old news and had already been handled internally. During that time Mac kept stating that everyone should be good to go for game 1. Only after this stuff first leaked, and then the severity of the details came out did suspensions start happening. So no coach, you dont get to claim moral high ground and wag your finger at other programs when the chronological information put out by you and the school directly refutes what you are currently saying.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The fact that they are suspended from all team activities is what tells me that it's more serious than we initially let on. Any old 1 game suspension would see them still practicing with the team. Only reason to suspend from all team activities is for criminal or elibility concerns.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
This whole situation disgusts me. The coaches, the players, etc.

giphy.gif

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
The fact that they are suspended from all team activities is what tells me that it's more serious than we initially let on. Any old 1 game suspension would see them still practicing with the team. Only reason to suspend from all team activities is for criminal or elibility concerns.

An important thing to understand is that fans of a team know much more about it than mainstream mediots who covers the entire sport. So UF fans or a number of UF fans were tipped off from the start that this was an eligibility issue since the players in question were suspended from all team activities.

What this likely means is they had to repay the money and then wait for the NCAA to reinstate their eligibility. Heck some of them might be back practicing with the team by now and no one would really know it. The tenor of this thread might be different, if in fact say 7 of the ten are back at practice. We just do not know.

I will say I doubt UF would suspend guys from all activities for a non-violent credit card issue once the eligibility issue has been dealt with. Of course on this I could be wrong.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
An important thing to understand is that fans of a team know much more about it than mainstream mediots who covers the entire sport. So UF fans or a number of UF fans were tipped off from the start that this was an eligibility issue since the players in question were suspended from all team activities.

What this likely means is they had to repay the money and then wait for the NCAA to reinstate their eligibility. Heck some of them might be back practicing with the team by now and no one would really know it. The tenor of this thread might be different, if in fact say 7 of the ten are back at practice. We just do not know.

I will say I doubt UF would suspend guys from all activities for a non-violent credit card issue once the eligibility issue has been dealt with. Of course on this I could be wrong.
All ten are probably back. Not sure why we're even talking about it.

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I tend to agree. This feels like the University being very careful with any possible sanctions. As soon as the restitution has been made and the NCAA has given the ok most of these guys will be reinstated. With exception of some repeat offenders possibly getting a longer vacation. The downside of this is the NCAA will probably drag their feet and this will hang over our heads for a while.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Dude, they got caught! Period. This is a lack of discipline and lack of control over the program. Sure, there are "a few bad apples" at every program.....we now have more than 10% of our scholarship players stealing from the university and putting their eligibility at risk. THEY are cheaters...what's the difference? "UF doesn't cheat....but our players do!"

They are putting more than just their eligibility at risk. Many schools have harsher consequences for lying and stealing from the university than just missing one or two football games. My guess is that these guys are under some sort of school sanctioned probation right now if they aren't allowed to even practice with the team. Suspension from the university could possible if the amount stolen is egregious. I'm not saying that they will or should be suspended, but some schools would suspend students for this.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
you know this really sucks, but we need to keep it in perspective... these are dumb young men who screwed up and in no way is the coach responsible for their stupidity... We live in a country where one of the oldest banks opened up 3.5 million fraudulent accounts... Money Money Money is all these dummies were thinking about.. They will serve their 1 game and the season will be fine.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Would any of you keep an employee that stole from you in any fashion? I sure don't.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
you know this really sucks, but we need to keep it in perspective... these are dumb young men who screwed up and in no way is the coach responsible for their stupidity... We live in a country where one of the oldest banks opened up 3.5 million fraudulent accounts... Money Money Money is all these dummies were thinking about.. They will serve their 1 game and the season will be fine.

Hope you're right sir

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
So now for all the "we don't cheat" and holier-than-thou crowd (i.e. "...we're UF, we don't use a bagman. But all other programs do...." or "...we're too good to cheat..." etc), you can shove that sh*t up your ass. Our program is as out of control as ANY program in college football. Our head coach hasn't a clue about discipline. Our players are selfish and arrogant AF (see twitter). This is a rogue program. Bottom line.

Pass the crack please lol. This has nothing to do with cheating in the least unless the coaches were in on it. Other schools are allowed to give out even more money than Florida so don't give my that ****. We don't cheat and that still hasn't changed based on this. Unless the coaches encouraged it or helped this is no different than shoplifting, theft, burglary, etc.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Pass the crack please lol. This has nothing to do with cheating in the least unless the coaches were in on it. Other schools are allowed to give out even more money than Florida so don't give my that ****. We don't cheat and that still hasn't changed based on this. Unless the coaches encouraged it or helped this is no different than shoplifting, theft, burglary, etc.

:poop:

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I really hope none of this ends up in NCAA hands and it leads to forefiting wins.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
It ain't like Mac sanctions this sh!t... Idiot teenagers...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator