Cue....the "excuse train"

Buckman2000

Oct 1, 2016
I don't have a link, but Iowa's TE has already said he can't wait to play against us. Wants to test himself against the best. So, if the rest of the team have that same attitude, it'll be a long afternoon in Tampa. Another bowl loss in city important to recruiting, kinda like last year.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
"Edge" to Ferentz? That is being most generous to Mac.

Ok, edge, better opportunity, more of an advantage.....Call it what you want. But if Ferentz was so much better why is he not moved up to a better school and titles??

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Ok, edge, better opportunity, more of an advantage.....Call it what you want. But if Ferentz was so much better why is he not moved up to a better school and titles??
Because Iowa's pays him like an SEC coach and he's got 4 years left on an 11 year extension. He's turned down jobs. He's happy at Iowa.
He's at least won his conference. Mac couldn't do that in the MWC. He's gonna coach circles around Mac

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Because Iowa's pays him like an SEC coach and he's got 4 years left on an 11 year extension. He's turned down jobs. He's happy at Iowa.
He's at least won his conference. Mac couldn't do that in the MWC. He's gonna coach circles around Mac

Exactly, thank you for re-iterating my point. I was comparing the two and gave the coaching experience edge to Ferentz. In the same token you cannot compare 17 years at one school to a HC with 4 years. Again if Ferentz is so Awesome he would be at a bigger school or many would be calling for him to replace coaches like............Mac! Don't ever recall hearing his name come up to replace any of our coaching vacancies since Zook.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ferentz is a lot better. So are most second/third tier coaches.

The reason no one is calling for him to replace Butters is because Ferentz is just a good version of Butters wants to be, but still a guy who is stuck in the 1950s offense and who can't produce points consistently.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, and it could get so loud that nobody will be able to hear Mac telling everyone about the neat pirate ship at RJS.
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Solid work, Your Chompiness.

Look at that pirate ship. Ain't that keeeeeewwwwwell? And did you see the size of those popcorn poppers? Lots of butter on that popcorn.

Last edited:

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Yes, and it could get so loud that nobody will be able to hear Mac telling everyone about the neat pirate ship at RJS.
:lol: Man...that pirate ship was something special...I mean...have you guys seen that thing??? If not,y'all need to go check it out...That's a pretty kewl deal there fellas!!!

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Just heard we lost a backup CB and we've moved Chris Thompson over to play CB. Still trying to find out who the CB is who got hurt.

Last edited:

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Exactly, thank you for re-iterating my point. I was comparing the two and gave the coaching experience edge to Ferentz. In the same token you cannot compare 17 years at one school to a HC with 4 years. Again if Ferentz is so Awesome he would be at a bigger school or many would be calling for him to replace coaches like............Mac! Don't ever recall hearing his name come up to replace any of our coaching vacancies since Zook.
He doesn't want to leave Iowa. Some coaches like staying where at. How can you not understand that? He improved Iowa from 1-10 his first year to the Orange Bowl and B10 title in year 4. Mac is going backwards in record, stats and recruiting. He never was going to come here from Iowa as it wasn't a fit. Mac is not a good coach. Just because Foley was fooled by Mac's "resume" doesn't make him a UF caliber coach. You can give him a decade and he wouldn't win the SEC. He's learning OTJ like WM just look at his staff. Bad hires all over and he can't manage a team or recruit a great QB or lure elite defensive talent. He'll be gone by years end next year.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Prime example of how dense these coaches are. They wait until the last game of Thompsons career before they get the idea to move him to CB.
He is an aggressive kid, likes to hit, very fast and cant catch a cold.

Good thing we kept him at WR.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If Appleby is decently accurate, we will win. However, AA has never been decently accurate?

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
He doesn't want to leave Iowa. Some coaches like staying where at. How can you not understand that? He improved Iowa from 1-10 his first year to the Orange Bowl and B10 title in year 4. Mac is going backwards in record, stats and recruiting. He never was going to come here from Iowa as it wasn't a fit. Mac is not a good coach. Just because Foley was fooled by Mac's "resume" doesn't make him a UF caliber coach. You can give him a decade and he wouldn't win the SEC. He's learning OTJ like WM just look at his staff. Bad hires all over and he can't manage a team or recruit a great QB or lure elite defensive talent. He'll be gone by years end next year.

You have really missed what was mentioned initially. Ox and I were comparing and talking about how similar statistically both teams were but how Iowa had the edge and a good one in the coaching aspect intangibles of this Monday's matchup. None of us are happy with Mac and he needs to get crap done or he will be gone. Never knocked that Ferentz has done good things at Iowa. I did mention that he is still there, and yet a good coach, still at Iowa. You're simply stating what many of us have been saying about Mac for a long time now.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I'm just wondering how big of a clusterf vck Ol Butters is cooking up for us......

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.