Dan Mullen is...

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
A big coming of age in my professional development was realizing that, in spite of what was being spoken, the person in front of me and I did not always have the same goals.

Some of us want national championships. He may want Georgia Tech. Or Stanford.

Just something to consider.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
So it’s your duty to call anyone out that you disagree with?
Of course it is, he works in “pro sports”.....in case you haven’t read that 8 ka-gillion times like the rest of us.

Oh, and played football at a high level. Left that out mistakenly.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
I think he is thrilled by this UF #9 and is inspired and focused on the goal of being in the top 5.

I don't think he cares much about football. CDM runs a clean program and will win enough. My guess is that's good enough for him.
We’re actually 8 now. And it wasn’t for Cal having 27 campuses UF would be top 5

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
You don’t see commitment and better football since the UK game?

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
page19image6608

The UAA gives money to UF every year. Every single one.

Do they give more if FB wins a championship? Of course. It is enough for Fuchs to care? I doubt it. He was hired to move UF into the top 5 public schools academically. As long as FB isn't embarrassing the university with arrests and scandals, I doubt he cares at all.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Of course it is, he works in “pro sports”.....in case you haven’t read that 8 ka-gillion times like the rest of us.

Oh, and played football at a high level. Left that out mistakenly.

:rolleyes4:

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015

Stricklin is an idiot? Good to know. Let’s see how he does with his baseball, softball, volleyball hires before we brand him with that.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think I voiced anything against him. I tend to agree with BMF on this one.

However, I suspect that he's a guy I wouldn't like or want as a part of our program from a perspective that isn't X's and O's. I'll never forget Grantham's choke sign to our punter Chas Henry, when he was taking on place kicking duties (Though Henry said he didn't think it was a big deal). During Saturday's game, I'm pretty sure I saw him taunting the Mississippi State fans near the end of the game. That's a bad, bad look. With that kind of discretion, I would not be surprised (perhaps even expect) some scandal to hit him. I hope it doesn't, especially while he's coaching for UF, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it.

I think he's probably a much better coach than man.

My first 'Facepalm' and 'Drunk' in one post! ...and I can't understand why I got either. :lol2:

No worries though, now I'm legit. :proud::thug::thug2::headbang:

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Stricklin is an idiot? Good to know. Let’s see how he does with his baseball, softball, volleyball hires before we brand him with that.

Stand by for heavy rolls... Many (most?) on this board don’t care about any sport other than football. A few care about basketball, but it nosedives from there. You’ll see snide comments about the all sports trophies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator