Dan Mullen

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Minister, fans vent on sports message boards after losses. On every board in the world, in any sport. Are you going to be able to handle it?

Everyone will be back on here on Saturday, cheering the Gators on.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Unfortunately, we got pathetic defense which is what y’all should be complaining about.
70% on TG, I've watched 4 LSU games this season and they did nothing different against us than in any other game....same damned plays over and over. It's like we never watched any film on them leading up to the game. Yes we have talent issues at LB but for Gods sake he never made any adjustments....even in the 4th quarter....I said it half jokingly but in all reality we should have just dropped 8 into a zone and rushed 3 since we were not getting to the QB anyway.

Last edited:

Minister of Information

Highly Cosmopolitan
Aug 17, 2018
Minister, fans vent on sports message boards after losses. On every board in the world, in any sport. Are you going to be able to handle it?

Everyone will be back on here on Saturday, cheering the Gators on.

Ox, if you are genuinely curious about my temperament, the answer is that yes I can tolerate pessimism and even despondence that is tempered by humility. None of us have all the facts or can prognosticate infallibly. Indeed many negative statements that have been made are well justified and reasonable. For example even your own hyperbolic disappointment isn’t offensive due to its inherent theatricality and mystery.

However it is the true sh!tbirds that I am singling out for odium: those that scapegoat and malign out of ignorance and malice, as though their disappointment with the team is the only thing important. That kind of egotism disgusts me. We are supposed to be supporting a team playing a sport that is full of surprises. Let’s at least allow for that possibility if we call ourselves fans, that we are pretty likely to be surprised by the way events unfold.

Anyone that still feels maligned by the above graphic, well, that is between them and their conscience.

lrtx1

Dec 2, 2014
I just want to see that stupid option play, the one where they freeze frame on a fake hand off before heading to the outside, never ever be called again. Outside of that I'm ok.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I just want to see that stupid option play, the one where they freeze frame on a fake hand off before heading to the outside, never ever be called again. Outside of that I'm ok.

Pretty much agree, especially with Trask walking the ball.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
70% on TG, I've watched 4 LSU games this season and they did nothing different against us than in any other game....same damned plays over and over. It's like we never watched any film on them leading up to the game. Yes we have talent issues at LB but for Gods sake he never made any adjustments....even in the 4th quarter....I said it half jokingly but in all reality we should have just dropped 8 into a zone and rushed 3 since we were getting to the QB anyway.

Someone said that Grantham changed up the personnel in the secondary. But the defensive scheme/calls didn't appear to change. Which tells me that Grantham thought he had the right defensive game plan but the players weren't executing it properly.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Lot of talk about the Gators execution of plays, I'm reminded of "What do you think of your teams execution coach? I'm in favor of it!"

Uncle Rob

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2016
Bringing Jones in in the 3rd when Trask was lighting it up ended the game right there. If I was AD, I would have pulled him into the locker room and fired him on the spot. I was so pissed I nearly threw my TV into the street.

Good thing you're not the AD then. If you were we would probably look like Tennessee. I agree that it was a bad decision but every coach makes them sometimes.

Uncle Rob

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2016
Ox, as emotional as you are right now, and as well as Trask played, he forced the ball a number of times and got away with it. Easily could have had 3 picks tonight. Bringing in EJ was an attempt to keep the defense honest and off balance. Trask chucking it all night long was not a viable plan as the fourth quarter proved. We have to have some kind of balance.

If I can second guess Mullen on anything I might have gone onsides with the KO after our first score of the second half. Still it’s hard to take that chance without letting your halftime adjustments play out first. But we needed to steal a possession from them, a lot like the Saints Colts super bowl
The LSU secondary was consistently hitting our receivers early. Most of the time, our receivers still made the catch. That is a double edged sword. You get the catch, the yards, and don't have to rely on the Zebras doing the right thing in the other teams house. The bad news is that they will keep doing it because they never get called on it and sooner or later it makes a difference.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
It was obvious by the half that our D was not going to stop lsu. The only chance we had was to throw, throw, and throw some more. 1st down through 4th down. Mullen didn’t see it that way.

PCGatorAlum

Lifetime Member
Feb 1, 2017
Not that it matters but even Herbstreit was giving the gators some positive kudos after the loss. Thought Trask was awesome and mentioned the effect our DE injuries had.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.