Dan Quinn

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
You were and so am I re the notion that great defensive coaches can't put together teams with great offenses. You need a bright mind on each side of the ball. Another reason I think that if Mac doesn't see a fourth year, Strong, assuming he comes with a bright mind to run the offense, can come in here and make something out of it.
Quinn really inherited a great set of offensive players. Half the fans wanted him fired last year...the other half wanted Shanahan fired. He is truly a players coach and I don't know if he going to be successful long term because of it. Time will tell.
The emergence of Vic Beasley, Keanu Neal and Bryan Poole in the second half of the season has made the Falcons a scary team to play. Crazy ain't it?

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
When did law change his name?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Not another defensive coach under any circumstances.

NoGaGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2014
GMD aside, Quinn's done ahelluva job in this, his 2nd year. He's changed the team attitude to attack, on both sides.

He and Dimitroff have collaborated on getting "their type of player." On D, Beasely, 2nd yr DE from Clemson leading league in sacks - Keanu Neal leading secondary (Cam Chancellor type) with undrafted Brian Poole really helping out.

Their O is currently the league's best. FA's Mack at Center and Sanu at WR have been tremendous. Getting Gabriel after being cut by Browns (insert joke) has been big.

Quinn's let Shanahan do his thing and he and Ryan really have it going after a really shaky 1st season.

Reallyfun team to watch.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Quinn really inherited a great set of offensive players. Half the fans wanted him fired last year...the other half wanted Shanahan fired. He is truly a players coach and I don't know if he going to be successful long term because of it. Time will tell.
The emergence of Vic Beasley, Keanu Neal and Bryan Poole in the second half of the season has made the Falcons a scary team to play. Crazy ain't it?

Beasley certainly has stepped it up in his sophomore season. People were ready to label him a bust as a rookie. The addition of Alex Mack at center has also paid huge dividends.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

I think what you mean by players' coach is he's soft, right? I don't know. He's off to a great start. He'll need help from the GM, but I think he can do it.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I think what you mean by players' coach is he's soft, right? I don't know. He's off to a great start. He'll need help from the GM, but I think he can do it.
For the most part. He seems to be a rah-rah type coach. Not sure how well he would be able to handle disciplinary issues.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Quinn was involved in drafting and developing those guys

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
GMD aside, Quinn's done ahelluva job in this, his 2nd year. He's changed the team attitude to attack, on both sides.

He and Dimitroff have collaborated on getting "their type of player." On D, Beasely, 2nd yr DE from Clemson leading league in sacks - Keanu Neal leading secondary (Cam Chancellor type) with undrafted Brian Poole really helping out.

Their O is currently the league's best. FA's Mack at Center and Sanu at WR have been tremendous. Getting Gabriel after being cut by Browns (insert joke) has been big.

Quinn's let Shanahan do his thing and he and Ryan really have it going after a really shaky 1st season.

Reallyfun team to watch.
Me aside?

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Beasley certainly has stepped it up in his sophomore season. People were ready to label him a bust as a rookie. The addition of Alex Mack at center has also paid huge dividends.
I think freeney has helped him a lot

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Now he's on the verge of getting ANOTHER Super Bowl ring. :facepalm:

We should have kept him.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Sure would be nice if ol Dan could share some of that success. Congrats to him

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Happy for DQ. Helluva coach and you can tell his players love playing for him. I'm pulling for him in the SB regardless of who they play.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Lets just say his decisions from year one to year two were light years ahead. There were so many bonehead decisions last year it's hard not to see why fans were questioning him. He only had two or three this year that were bad

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
haters_gonna_hate_by_invader_haegr-d3czwvy.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics