Death - got me thinking

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
The moment when you know you're old. When you get a new puppy and have to figure out who takes him if/when you go first.
Potty training going into winter might be the death of me! What kind of dog?

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Potty training going into winter might be the death of me! What kind of dog?
The new guy is a breed I was not at all fond of. I have had muts, a poodle, Shelties, a Keeshond, and haveneese. I wanted another havanese. But couldn't find one so a shih tzu came up. I thought this guy was a sissy dog. But he's not. He retrieves what you throw for him and runs into you like a .linebacker. Beware of dogs who look like sissies. They may not be. No he doesn't have that stupid tied up thing on the top of his head. He'd never forgive me. He has a buzz cut. Fits his personality.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
@gator1946
Does he have any eligibility left? I’m not sure if I’m too cheap or too lazy but a dog that requires grooming is not for me.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
@gator1946
Does he have any eligibility left? I’m not sure if I’m too cheap or too lazy but a dog that requires grooming is not for me.
Pound for pound the strongest dog I've ever had. I'm trying to get his grades up. Quick, hits hard, and strong. The team needs him.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Oh good. Let’s round this thing out with putting down a dog stories.
In case you haven't noticed the theme of this entire site is Gator football...which at this point is highly comparable to that of putting down your dog.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
In the Lord of the Rings, Tolkien explored the concept of the immortality of the elves versus the mortality of men. The elves refer to mortality as a gift from Eru Iluvatar - who is the god figure of Middle Earth - as they have become keenly aware of the drawbacks of living forever. The mortal men of course, are not capable of understanding how exactly it's a gift. The reader on the other hand, totally grasps it.

Interview with the Vampire gets into that topic too (the book a bit more in-depth, but the movie explores it as well): the nature of immortality and how even "immortals" are ill-prepared to live forever. Eventually, the oldest vampires preferred to isolate themselves from society as it changed rather than to change with it. Only one was able to truly change from era to era--and that was the one who kept a sense of humanity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.