Del Rio back vs Vandy?

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
So you agree that we should start LDR over AA when he is healthy since the second half AA didn't throw a ball further than 5 yards other than that INT until the game was almost out of reach.

Uh well considering you're completely incorrect about that statement; I won't even address this.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
LDR is ahead of AA right now because of his time in the system. To me that is huge. He knows where his check downs are. Yes he made a couple of bad decisions, but they didn't cost him as much as the INT that AA threw. Lets be honest. That INT was the nail in our coffin.

Not imo but Appleby might regress from his Tennessee performance. That 2nd half was on the coaches play calling mostly and LDR if you watch that North Texas game scares me a little when it comes to a good SEC defense. He was throwing of his back foot at times and throwing dangerous passes its just North Texas didn't make him pay for it much.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Look IDC who is the starter as long as they don't throw more INTs than TDs and win games. We are WAY better off than we were last year and if either one of these two played last year we win at least two more games. I am for LDR only because he knowledge of the system; not because he has the skill set that can win the He15man or us a SECC or NC.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Look IDC who is the starter as long as they don't throw more INTs than TDs and win games. We are WAY better off than we were last year and if either one of these two played last year we win at least two more games. I am for LDR only because he knowledge of the system; not because he has the skill set that can win the He15man or us a SECC or NC.

What scares me is I think we may be getting really predictable and can only score a bunch when our talent is clearly better than the other team regardless if LDR or Appleby plays. We will find out soon probably. I hope we dont go forward seeing a ton of screen passes to the RBs and WRs being blown up for short gains because we aren't stretching the field enough.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So far we've seen LDR look mediocre at best against 2 inferior cupcakes and liked very solid against a mediocre Kentucky. AA looked really good for a half against a very tough Tennessee team and look pretty bad that 2nd half though that was barely half his fault...lots of what ifs that we don't know. I'd like to see how AA does against Vandy and sit LDR another week.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What scares me is I think we may be getting really predictable and can only score a bunch when our talent is clearly better than the other team regardless if LDR or Appleby plays. We will find out soon probably. I hope we dont go forward seeing a ton of screen passes to the RBs and WRs being blown up for short gains because we aren't stretching the field enough.
Screens have to be used sparingly and in the right situations...even Danielson said that mac and nuss went to the screen whenever they were in trouble at bama...and they went to that well 1 too many times last game.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
LDR has a gimpy knee, still. AA may get better as he gets use to his teammates' real-game speed rhythms
and cutting angles. However, I still have worry that AA can turn into an INT machine??

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Del Rio to return to practice today (Wednesday):

http://florida.247sports.com/Bolt/Del-Rio-set-to-return-to-practice-Wendesday-47839112

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Though he's listed as doubtful to play this week against Vanderbilt, quarterback Luke Del Rio will return to practice for Florida on Wednesday.

The redshirt sophomore suffered a sprained MCL in his left knee against North Texas and missed last week's Tennessee game, but he's projected to return soon, potentially against LSU in a week and a half.

How he responds to his first practice back should give coach Jim McElwain a better idea how close he is to a full return.

"We held him out yesterday. He'll go out today, Wednesday here," McElwain said. "Actually throw some skelly (pass skeleton), some routes on air and probably two of the different team periods, just take a look. And we'll kind of see how it goes, how it kind of responds from there."

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I say sit him another week. Applebees can handle Vandy if our special teams doesn't pin him inside the 5 all day and our DBU doesn't crap the bed again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator