Del Rio goes on twitter rant (again)...

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
2222 that is a great post but ill give one counter to that point that is fortunately very brief. Why cant any athletes make any money from their own endorsements outside of the the university? None of the apprenticeship that you mentioned actually bar from some one from earning money elsewhere while still earning whatever the market allows for.

I will take a shot at that, the reason is corruption and somewhat keeping the field level.

I heard rumors in the far past of people providing say a car for a number of signed footballs.

Tebow had to not accept a free breakfast according to a story I remember.

And bottom line nobody forces them to sign the deal.

Sure you really have time to work when you are an intern doctor, and you can get jobs as I indicated.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
The system is still in place because no one has created a viable alternative. If I were in the agent biz, I'd work with the CFL to get these kids to play up north for 3 years and get paid. It's a viable alternative, but no one seems to take that route. There is some amount of intangible value given to playing in college football. Kids can ***** and moan but they are not taking other routes.

I will say this, if a player isn't allowed to make money on his likeness, then neither should the University or anyone else.

Great idea but how many high school players are better than those they currently have. Europe with subsidies failed, arena ball is another alternative but I bet almost no HS players could earn their spot. How about a new league just for those that don't or won't go to college. That might work but I would not bet on it.

I think that when you used their likeness a video game had to pay the players. Not the number of a jersey belongs to the school.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
  1. Luke Del Rio‏@Ldelrio12 7h7 hours ago
    Replying to @Ldelrio12
    I want to clarify that I am saying that this source IS credible and we should stop discrediting the media when we don't like what they say.

6 replies1 retweet34 likes
  2. Luke Del Rio Retweeted
    ARD‏@ARDFootball 11h11 hours ago
    Replying to @Ldelrio12
    Thank you. Never just "stick to sports". You have every right like everyone else to speak your mind.

0 replies1 retweet5 likes
  3. Luke Del Rio‏@Ldelrio12 11h11 hours ago
    Luke Del Rio Retweeted Ava DuVernay

#REALnews It's easy to discredit news sources and say they aren't credible, but at what point do we say enough is enough? Wake up people

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
OK, so feeling a little dirty I looked at LDRs twitter page and pretty much ready to never see or hear from this dork again.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
... probably angling for a bigger clipboard & maybe a GA to carry it for him and to take sideline dictation.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He has Butters N Nuss Love, and that is all he needs.

You may have not heard but our offense was rolling before LDR got hurt.

:mac:
nah, I heard it the first 1000 times you posted it ;)

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Amd yet, you still think Ole Butters is going to lead us to championships? Or even change QBs?
I love how you make up your own reality :lol:

I don't believe I've ever said Mac would lead us to anything.
Secondly, I find it difficult to believe that someone as intelligent as yourself would have viewed the comment you posted as anything other than coach speak.
It's also interesting how you pick and choose what to believe of what he says :lol2: Anything he states positive about any other QB is not to be believed, but a positive comment about luke del dipschit and he's definitely the starter and always will be. I wouldn't be surprised at this point if you've convinced yourself that somehow LDR is going to be our next head coach also :lmao2:

Now, are you gonna pitch in to the "we're asking LDR to quit the team fund" or not? ;)

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
So the millionaire's kid is b!tching about not getting money to play college football? :rolleyes3:

And right after the UAA released a video that notes they spend on average $350,000 per student athlete over 4 years, including tuition, room, board, medical, trainers, coaching, academic support, etc.

Given the very small percentage of athletes that will ever play their sport professionally, that's quite a lot of benefit to them.

UF is one of just a handful of athletic programs that operates in the black & routinely gives to their university.

I was going to suggest an economics course for LDR, but I don't know what fantasyland economics they may be teaching these days. Perhaps an accounting course would be helpful so he might learn that revenue isn't profit.

Sigh.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
And right after the UAA released a video that notes they spend on average $350,000 per student athlete over 4 years, including tuition, room, board, medical, trainers, coaching, academic support, etc.

Given the very small percentage of athletes that will ever play their sport professionally, that's quite a lot of benefit to them.

UF is one of just a handful of athletic programs that operates in the black & routinely gives to their university.

I was going to suggest an economics course for LDR, but I don't know what fantasyland economics they may be teaching these days. Perhaps an accounting course would be helpful so he might learn that revenue isn't profit.

Sigh.

Now Theo, you know there's no accounting for LDR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.