giphy.gif

:lol:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Let's just play hypothetical here and say ole Del taco strolled out to take the first snap of the season opener. Would anything after that matter? Is Mac officially done from the fans stand point?

I suspect there would actually be a lot of moaning initially but followed shortly by another round of excuses and applogizing for Mac and his decisions. Jay would be the first to get it going :grin:

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Let's just play hypothetical here and say ole Del taco strolled out to take the first snap of the season opener. Would anything after that matter? Is Mac officially done from the fans stand point?

I suspect there would actually be a lot of moaning initially but followed shortly by another round of excuses and applogizing for Mac and his decisions. Jay would be the first to get it going :grin:

URG would (will) need to be on suicide watch.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

He is done as far as I am concerned.

Just my luck that fcker will troll the fans, Start LDR on play 1, and then bring in Zaire for the rest of the game :lol:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

IMG_4649.JPG

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
this isn't always on the dad.
First, JDR is/was, more than likely, almost always at work and not around much to raise the kids. I'm sure this is how most coaches are that don't have a contract with their families (starring at you Urbs)
Second, I cannot tell you how many moms I've seen under mind disciplinary fathers and pamper the kids when the need a guud butt whipping (or whatever form of punishment you may deem necessary). Since mom is the primary care giver in most cases, it'll go on and on...

So take $$$ from larger/better schools who strive to be the best to make it to the higher paying bowls and give to those that don't?
OK, thanks for your input Bernie :thumbup:
Man its just an idea.
this isn't always on the dad.
First, JDR is/was, more than likely, almost always at work and not around much to raise the kids. I'm sure this is how most coaches are that don't have a contract with their families (starring at you Urbs)
Second, I cannot tell you how many moms I've seen under mind disciplinary fathers and pamper the kids when the need a guud butt whipping (or whatever form of punishment you may deem necessary). Since mom is the primary care giver in most cases, it'll go on and on...

So take $$$ from larger/better schools who strive to be the best to make it to the higher paying bowls and give to those that don't?
OK, thanks for your input Bernie :thumbup:
Well the vast majority of these schools are publicly funded and attended. They aren't pro franchises nor are they businesses. Your statement informs the larger isue at hand, I.e. Amateurism vs big business. Free market capitalism only gets to benefit the schools but is withheld from the participants who are generating the revenue. My only point is that the system remains unfair as it is currently constructed, and the only people with the power to change it (coaches , ADs ect.) won't because they are finacally incentivized to retain the status quo

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Like anything else. If Del Taco wins and we end up with a functioning offense, then most would just be shocked and give Mac credit for sticking with him.....if.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Dislike this post if you're a raging homo :grin:

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Man its just an idea.

Well the vast majority of these schools are publicly funded and attended. They aren't pro franchises nor are they businesses. Your statement informs the larger isue at hand, I.e. Amateurism vs big business. Free market capitalism only gets to benefit the schools but is withheld from the participants who are generating the revenue. My only point is that the system remains unfair as it is currently constructed, and the only people with the power to change it (coaches , ADs ect.) won't because they are finacally incentivized to retain the status quo

Unfair by what objective standards, and if you respond please be very specific.

I think it is totally fair, every student has free choice, nobody forces him to sign and mostly the deals are fairly equal. Now of course wealthy programs can afford more so there are levels of competition and paying.

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
Unfair by what objective standards, and if you respond please be very specific.

I think it is totally fair, every student has free choice, nobody forces him to sign and mostly the deals are fairly equal. Now of course wealthy programs can afford more so there are levels of competition and paying.
Unfair it that amateurism only applies to the student athletes and not the coaches and AD's. Unfair in that a player is unable to profit off his own likeness or outside talents due to NCAA rules that bar him from signing his own endorsement deals or selling his own autographed memorabilia while a jersey that bares his Number cost $79.99 in the gift shop. Education, room and board can be PART of the compensation package but at this point the value of the work is objectively worth far more than the sheep skin

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.