Del Rio out for UT - Sprained MCL, will miss 2 weeks at minimum

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
One thing I could not help but notice
was Del Rio left the game with no
limp at all. He totally walked normally.
I believe he has a very minor injury.
We will see how long it takes. I won't
be surprised if he is back sooner than
most think.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It's highly unlikely that the hit on Del Rio was an accident . It's more likely the knee was targeted from 18. For it to be unintentional you would have to buy the fact that he slipped and fell several yards directly into Luke's knee. It's possible but not likely. Over the years I had a few blindside shots on the QB and always hit them in the back . Mac should have been furious about it, and frankly i'm glad that he was. There would have been no end of game handshake from me. The coach simply would've been to get the **** off our field, as politely as possible of course. Players simply don't dive and launch themselves like a Zidane missile headbutt into the back of another player's knee on accident.

Hard to say because he appears to be a dirty player but he did land on his own knee before touching Del Rio because of diving too early for some reason either misjudging it or because he started to slip.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Hard to say because he appears to be a dirty player but he did land on his own knee before touching Del Rio because of diving too early for some reason either misjudging it or because he started to slip.

I re-watched the game yesterday and spent a decent amount of time replaying that hit. I think it was intentional. It didn't look like he slipped and I think he went low on purpose. I think it was dirty and Mac had a right to be pissed.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
I can't be critical of LDR's play so far this year, I think he's done a very good job. If we had had that kind of QB play last session who knows where would have ended up. We just need to AA to make the right choices, don't be a hero and take care of the ball. UT will make mistakes and there will be WR and TE open for sure. As a matter of fact I hope the O plan is to use our TE's a lot. If Appleby was in completion with Luke all spring he should know the offense. Our D- as got to play lights out on the run and make Dobbs throw when he's under pressure, it will be pic city if they can do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator