Del Rio out for UT - Sprained MCL, will miss 2 weeks at minimum

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This sucks, and I'm definitely not ready to trust Appleby to win us a big game like Tennessee next week. The good news is Tennessee's run defense has looked skeptical at times so far this year which leads me to believe we can maybe run on them enough to set up play action passes that Appleby can hit to maybe score enough to get the win. Defense is going to win this game, along with Pineiro.
We very well may win this game 3-0 by having Eddie kick a 77 yard FG as time expires.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Had lunch this week with a Purdue grad. Suggested we take Appleby's stat's with a grain of salt. He said the Purdue transfers, including the one at LSU, played behind atrocious offensive lines.

For me, this is important, because it shows AA is the only QB left that has game experience behind a shaky OL.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
I believe in AA.

Gonna have 200+ yards. A td. And no ints. Also gonna scramble for 20 yards

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I don't think anyone trusted Treon to win a game let alone at Tennessee, but they found a way to win. It's gonna happen for #12.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
I won't be surprised if LDR plays against
Tn. I've had several injuries that seemed
serious but were minor. Don't be shocked
if he plays.

LDR would only play if he practices this week. I'd be stunned if LDR suits up. With Tennessee's schedule, even if we lost in Knox, SEC East will come down to GA-FL.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
So, the Gator Chatter orthopedic surgeons whiffed on the career ending injury to LDR.

While I'm on it, I don't understand the LDR hate. We expect the guy, on his 3rd career start, to throw for 1,000 yards, 12 touchdowns, no picks, and only have 2 incompletions on 125 attempts? Behind this horrible offensive line and without his best wide out? Give me a break. I don't think we're looking at the next Shane Matthews or Danny Wuerffel here, but can we at least give him more than 3 games to say he's the next John Brantley or Jeff Driskel?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's not hate, it's more like uncertainty. He needs to play well in an SEC game that matters. He'll get that chance upon his return.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
So, the Gator Chatter orthopedic surgeons whiffed on the career ending injury to LDR.

While I'm on it, I don't understand the LDR hate. We expect the guy, on his 3rd career start, to throw for 1,000 yards, 12 touchdowns, no picks, and only have 2 incompletions on 125 attempts? Behind this horrible offensive line and without his best wide out? Give me a break. I don't think we're looking at the next Shane Matthews or Danny Wuerffel here, but can we at least give him more than 3 games to say he's the next John Brantley or Jeff Driskel?

LDR is average..... he hits the open guy and doesn't make mistakes.. That's the best thing i could say about him.... He has a lot do head scratching decisions primarily throwing into double coversge.. I don't think he actually goes through his reads on PA as multiple times this year he has thrown into coverage.....

Sad thing is he is likely the best we have which still isn't saying much.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
we agreed that LDR's decision making was his strong suit and for him to succeed that had to hold up. i don't know where his head was last saturday, but his decisions were pretty terrible and he was ineffective.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
LDR is average..... he hits the open guy and doesn't make mistakes.. That's the best thing i could say about him.... He has a lot do head scratching decisions primarily throwing into double coversge.. I don't think he actually goes through his reads on PA as multiple times this year he has thrown into coverage.....

Sad thing is he is likely the best we have which still isn't saying much.
I don't think he's the best we have, in pure talent. He is, however, the best we have with experience and game management knowledge.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
I don't think he's the best we have, in pure talent. He is, however, the best we have with experience and game management knowledge.

Pure talent?

I think both of our freshman are better but talent only takes you so far

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Pure talent?

I think both of our freshman are better but talent only takes you so far
Right, I agree, which is why I separated the too. When you look at overall package right now, yes LDR is best we have. They may or may not be true next season.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It's highly unlikely that the hit on Del Rio was an accident . It's more likely the knee was targeted from 18. For it to be unintentional you would have to buy the fact that he slipped and fell several yards directly into Luke's knee. It's possible but not likely. Over the years I had a few blindside shots on the QB and always hit them in the back . Mac should have been furious about it, and frankly i'm glad that he was. There would have been no end of game handshake from me. The coach simply would've been to get the **** off our field, as politely as possible of course. Players simply don't dive and launch themselves like a Zidane missile headbutt into the back of another player's knee on accident.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator