GatorJ just busted a nut
236723.gif

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Dino Babers should be among our first.

Syracuse was terrrrrrrible when he took over. And he's making winners out of them.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Not saying that Babers hasn't done a great job or that Cuse hasn't played a great game, but starting a thread over an opening drive is silly. I mean we drove right up the field for a TD against Bama last year to start the game, and look how that turned out. :lol:

Gulfstream

Founding Member
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Not saying that Babers hasn't done a great job or that Cuse hasn't played a great game, but starting a thread over an opening drive is silly. I mean we drove right up the field for a TD against Bama last year to start the game, and look how that turned out. :lol:

Ok, so which team looks more prepared to play an entire game. Our team from last year or this Cuse team challenging the defending national champs tonight?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Ok, so which team looks more prepared to play an entire game. Our team from last year or this Cuse team challenging the defending national champs tonight?
Once again, not comparing teams or coaches, simply stating that getting worked up over an opening drive is a bit premature in most cases. Looks like the Orange are going to take this one.

Gulfstream

Founding Member
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Once again, not comparing teams or coaches, simply stating that getting worked up over an opening drive is a bit premature in most cases. Looks like the Orange are going to take this one.

They looked more prepared to play in that opening drive than we have in three years.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I just spent all of last week listening to this board tell me how sorry LSU was. Not entirely sure that was the case.

Had a feeling you were going that route. I will kindly disagree— lsu is a talented team, but also very poorly coached (sound familiar?) and witha crappy Qb.

We will know more after their game vs Aub tomorrow.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017

It's not getting worked up over one or two drives. There was a show of preparedness early in the game that people could project to the rest of the game.

Babers has out performed in all 3 of his head coaching jobs. At some point it's a pattern.

Syracuse was a dead football program for 10 plus years. He now has a better win (maybe 2) at Syracuse than Florida has had since January 8, 2009 (could maybe argue October 10, 2009 @ LSU).

But, while fun to watch, I'm mostly depressed as we are still stuck with Mac for another 1.5 putrid years - I really hope I'm wrong but we'd need to really tank to get rid of the sockless doufus this year.

Also: Babers has 3 championships in 5 full seasons as a head coach. We'll likely pass on him for another year of Mac - who has zero championships as a head coach.

Babers personality would also recruit well in florida.

I'm pouring another bourbon now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator