Diwun Black dismissed from team

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This one stings a little just because we all know how hard the kid worked to eventually get to UF. But it's not a huge loss on the field. Hes one of those tweener guys that's too big for safety but to skinny for LB, and was probably never gonna see the field. Wish him luck. With his athletic ability he'd be a monster at a smaller school.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
So why kick him off the team VS tell him to enter the portal? It sounds like more messages being sent from Napier rather than just a football issue. Anyone else read it that way?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I may be a bit of an outlier here, but while I acknowledge he did eventually work really hard to get to UF, it seems like all the more reason you’d do everything the coaches asked of you and buy in to what they’re trying to do. Especially when you haven’t shown enough on the field to be sought after and your former head coach isn’t one now and can’t just take you in. Napier is not dismissing any of these guys because of their play on the field or their physical limitations.

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So why kick him off the team VS tell him to enter the portal? It sounds like more messages being sent from Napier rather than just a football issue. Anyone else read it that way?
I agree. There's definitely something behind the scenes that caused a dismissal. Otherwise they wouldn't say dismissed. Just sad that a kid that seemed like he really wanted to be a Gator and worked hard to make it happen did something to get kicked off the team. Hes always had a bit of the class clown vibe. Napier probably looking for 100% buy in and the jokester thats gonna be a career special teamer is holding up a scholly.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
He says he entered the portal. Semantics obviously.
Entering the portal because you aren't welcomed back is different than entering the portal voluntarily to look for a better opportunity.

Billy is cleaning house, and it started with Cox. Don't think the rest of the team hasn't noticed.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Entering the portal because you aren't welcomed back is different than entering the portal voluntarily to look for a better opportunity.

Billy is cleaning house, and it started with Cox. Don't think the rest of the team hasn't noticed.
Lol absolutely.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Seems like Napier laid things out, said I am going to give you the season to prove your buy-in, and now as we enter the twilight of the season, he's starting to say we have seen enough, whether that's the effort on the field/practice, or how one conducts themself off the field.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
No issue with it. I like the fact that there's finally some accountability. Mullen probably would have made him team captain next week for whatever infraction he committed.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

It ain’t all about love, it’s business. If a kid isn’t cuttin’ the mustard, they’re not going to keep him around to lick the jar.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Imagine how Napier would have handled the shoe throwing incident. I have my doubts that player would be named team captain days later.

jeeping8r

Your car may go fast, Mine will go anywhere
Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Didn't Black have some off field issues that affected his HS grades? If so maybe fell back into the wrong crowd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator