DraftKings and FanDuel Shutdown

Jabberdave

Founding Member
Your mom is very pretty.
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n298351 said:
Anyone that plays fantasy sports games deserves to be bilked.

Come at me, bro!

attitude-come-at-me-come-at-me-bro-crotch-smd-suck-it-suck-my-Taylor-Swift-GIF-2015.gif

gator lester

Sep 13, 2015
GatorTAG;n298330 said:
"$2 Billion in payouts this year". Most people don't understand that means somebody lost at least $2 billion.

more than much more! Perhaps not deserves but should expect for sure! If losing money is entertaining go for it!

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Thread title is a bit misleading. They were only shut down in Nevada.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
So far I've invested around $35 dollars and have broken even. I didn't quit my day job and it's entertainment to me - especially beating t-gator in head to head competitions.
It's not like I drained my 401k or took out a second mortgage...
Most people just do it for fun - just like the online poker Sas mentioned
So if it goes away or whatever, most of us will live to see another day -

Promo code: if you don't play, move on - nothing to see here.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n298328 said:
Only because you essentially stated the entire system was corrupt based solely on the misdeeds of a single individual. That was the point of contention, not that there couldn't have been a larger problem. Plus you also made it sound as if they were taking advantage of all US citizens. There were far more people not using these sites in this country than were using them. It's not like this was wall street and peoples retirements were tied to them. This was purely voluntary "betting".

Btw, I'd hardly call a 9 post thread "catching hell" :lol:
All i did was copy an article about it...

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think these sites are going away easy. They'regonna have the nfl and espn going to bat for em. I didn't follow or play online poker but I doubt they had that kind of support.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GMDGATOR;n298393 said:
All i did was copy an article about it...
Yup, no follow up posts or nothing. Got it ;)

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I put in $100 last summer and I am still playing with that original amount 15 months later. I've tried all the sports, but most are simply too hard to win. So I only play CFB. I mainly play the $1 and $2 tournaments, sometimes a $5, and usually put together 5 rosters a weekend. I've come very, very close to some big payouts. It's fun and I am more dialed in to college players than I have ever been. If it goes away... I wont cry over it.

But it's definitely gambling. They say it is a "skill" game. There is some strategy involved, but it's still comes down to luck. I had a VERY good roster last weekend. Guess what.... Chubb was in it. All the other players did outstanding, but you cant take a "0" on a single roster spot and expect to win. That's what I get for picking a fleabag anyway.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n298438 said:

I have a couple of rules I follow. I NEVER pick a dude playing against us. And I really, really, dont like to pick a player of a rival. But I did because Chubb was going to have a big game that day. Owell... never gain.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
bradgator2;n298452 said:
I have a couple of rules I follow. I NEVER pick a dude playing against us. And I really, really, dont like to pick a player of a rival. But I did because Chubb was going to have a big game that day. Owell... never gain.
You think your little curse would work on players playing against us? Or does the fact that they are playing us negate that?

Maybe the Chubb curse could carry over to Fournette? :suspect:

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n298461 said:
You think your little curse would work on players playing against us? Or does the fact that they are playing us negate that?

Maybe the Chubb curse could carry over to Fournette? :suspect:

Man, that's cold blooded. I like the way you think.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
They aren't closed. You just can't play if you live in Nevada.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz;n298518 said:
They aren't closed. You just can't play if you live in Nevada.

You seem a bit upset with the thought they would close up shop. You winning lots?

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n298335 said:
Read the fine print on the commercial the average winnings is about $8
It's possible though...they have some huge payouts but you are playing against thousands of people so yeah the likelihood of winning big is very very small. I play some small of their smaller games where the winner gets somewhere between 30-150k i average about 5 per game...im up like 15 through 4 weeks of playing NFL...obviously not much but it's still fun. That being said i'd love a more thorough investigation on these sites and if the winners are legit or if there is some kind of rat hole that wins the money for them through some software.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n298525 said:
You seem a bit upset with the thought they would close up shop. You winning lots?

I don't even play the regular fantasy football. I just find it mildly irritating reading a whole thread where everyone is under the impression that something happened that hasn't happened because of a bad thread title.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator