DraftKings and FanDuel Shutdown

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz;n298535 said:
I don't even play the regular fantasy football. I just find it mildly irritating reading a whole thread where everyone is under the impression that something happened that hasn't happened because of a bad thread title.

it's not a bad title. It leaves it hanging and the first, and every other link, are relative to the title.

Relax, it's just a thread. Don't read it if you want to.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n298328 said:
Only because you essentially stated the entire system was corrupt based solely on the misdeeds of a single individual. That was the point of contention, not that there couldn't have been a larger problem. Plus you also made it sound as if they were taking advantage of all US citizens. There were far more people not using these sites in this country than were using them. It's not like this was wall street and peoples retirements were tied to them. This was purely voluntary "betting".

Btw, I'd hardly call a 9 post thread "catching hell" :lol:

FBI found e-mails from Hilary.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n298548 said:
it's not a bad title. It leaves it hanging and the first, and every other link, are relative to the title.

Relax, it's just a thread. Don't read it if you want to.

It's a terrible thread title.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
GatorTAG;n298330 said:
"$2 Billion in payouts this year". Most people don't understand that means somebody lost at least $2 billion.
Exactly, but a helluva lot more than 2 billion since they kept another 2 billion for themselves. It ain't charity and since it isn't technically gambling they can pay out as little as they want. I'm guessing around 50%.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE-;n298534 said:
It's possible though...they have some huge payouts but you are playing against thousands of people so yeah the likelihood of winning big is very very small. I play some small of their smaller games where the winner gets somewhere between 30-150k i average about 5 per game...im up like 15 through 4 weeks of playing NFL...obviously not much but it's still fun. That being said i'd love a more thorough investigation on these sites and if the winners are legit or if there is some kind of rat hole that wins the money for them through some software.
This is exactly how i feel

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Heard that the software came from some Nigerian software company ?

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Uh Oh... Looks like more is coming...

http://fortune.com/2015/11/10/daily-fantasy-sports-sites-new-york/

[h=2]New York Attorney General said that such operations were essentially illegal gambling.[/h] WASHINGTON, Nov 10 (Reuters) – The New York state attorney general on Tuesday ordered the fantasy sports sites DraftKings and FanDuel to stop accepting bets in New York, saying that the operations were essentially illegal gambling, according to copies of letters to the companies seen by Reuters.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Zambo;n298297 said:
I picture a bunch of pissed off Guidos with gold chains and pinky rings right about now.

Bookies are who gain the most from these sites shutting down.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
threatmatrix;n310947 said:
Bookies are who gain the most from these sites shutting down.
And gamblers. Vegas and bookies take a 5% cut (10% vig on wins). These sites spend at least 30% of your money just on advertising before they take their cut. You might as well play the lottery. They pay out about 50% which is probably better than fan-kings and daft-drool.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I made $60 on FanDuel on Sunday! :dance:

I'm waiting for the Feds to show up at my door and demand the money, then arrest me.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I put in $37 into Fan-Duel and won $3 million… 'course my brother designed the software.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Did all of you guys that play these fantasy games play dungeons and dragons, too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator