Dreaded vote of confidence by Stricklin - Could this be Mac’s final game?

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
To me, it has to be Kelly if all the rest of this is true. If it was Frost or the like I'd think you wait til the season was over to make the move. Kelly is the only one on the radar that could take the job right now.
you stealin my chatterbox posts? :shakehead:

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
I really get a kick out of some of you guys turning your nose up at Chip Kelly. It's like saying you wouldn't fck Jessica Alba because you don't like her shoes.

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
247 sports is now reporting this as a done deal and it's only a matter of if they can find a way to lessen the buyout. If they are going to pay the buyout he could be out by Sunday. If they are gonna negotiate it down or try to not pay it at all it could drag on a little longer.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I really get a kick out of some of you guys turning your nose up at Chip Kelly. It's like saying you wouldn't fck Jessica Alba because you don't like her shoes.

Are you brain dead? Kelly got caught paying players. He’s a cheater. It’s far more than just not liking shoes you moron.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Are you brain dead? Kelly got caught paying players. He’s a cheater. It’s far more than just not liking shoes you moron.
He got caught personally paying players? Didn't hear that one.

By the way, Scott Frost was on the same coaching staff. Is he a criminal too?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I have serious questions about Frost’s decision making. Despite being warned by Tom Osborn to stay away from Lawrence Phillips’ ex-girlfriend, Frost hooked up with her and had to hide in his apartment bathroom as Phillips tried to kill him. Frost is lucky to be alive. Is he going to let some fine G-ville tail get in the way of smart, program focused decisions???

All kidding aside (although the Phillips story above is true), one knock on Frost is he’s in only his 2nd year as a HC. Taking over a major program in your 3rd year is quite a jump. Urban did it for in year 5 as a HC. I think Frost is doing a very good job at UCF and he may reach great heights at a major program, possibly starting in a few months but I thought I’d throw this out there for discussion even if it may be viewed as a small nitpick or not an issue at all by others.

Yes, that Frost/Phillips connection is a crazy story.

I wouldn't be concerned about Frost only being in his 2nd year. I'd rather he have the 2 years experience than none, like Zook & Muschamp.....and 3 years didn't help McElwain prepare for our job. It's a crap shoot. Also, Kirby Smart isn't having any problems....in year 2 and zero head coaching experience. Tom Herman spent 2 years at Houston before getting the Texas job. There are a TON of examples. You have to start somewhere, and everyone who knows Frost says he has the "it" factor. Would love to land him, but who the F knows what direction Stricklin will go?

Damien83

Cucamonga Cracka Killa
Oct 22, 2014
I would like CK or Les Miles.

And BTW.......my cousins sisters next door neighbors BF has an inside source that UM is coming back after losing to Penn St today. FWIW

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I hope come noon Monday, we’ll be glad Foley is gone. We can’t afford any more of his bad decisions. I hope and pray we like his replacement.

I don't care if I like him, I care that he gets players and knows how to use them to win. Maybe that will mean we will like him.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Yes, that Frost/Phillips connection is a crazy story.

I wouldn't be concerned about Frost only being in his 2nd year. I'd rather he have the 2 years experience than none, like Zook & Muschamp.....and 3 years didn't help McElwain prepare for our job. It's a crap shoot. Also, Kirby Smart isn't having any problems....in year 2 and zero head coaching experience. Tom Herman spent 2 years at Houston before getting the Texas job. There are a TON of examples. You have to start somewhere, and everyone who knows Frost says he has the "it" factor. Would love to land him, but who the F knows what direction Stricklin will go?

You bring up some very good points. It certainly can be done and Frost may be the next great HC. I have not watched a UCF game since he took over their program so I can’t speak about how they play under his direction other than to comment about their W/L record, which looks good.

On a side note, I wonder how quickly and how badly the Georgia fans turn on Kirby tonight after we beat them?

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
He got caught personally paying players? Didn't hear that one.

By the way, Scott Frost was on the same coaching staff. Is he a criminal too?

Don’t know enough about Frost to comment. If he was on that staff at the time, It would raise a serious red flag. Th NCAA gave out an 18 month show cause. It’s one of the most serious penalties. They don’t give it out unless you’ve done some serious crap like Bruce Pearl.

Himey

Founding Member
Super Important Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Does anyone want us to lose today? I really don't advocate winning by losing, but it might complicate Mac's exit if we win.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Does anyone want us to lose today? I really don't advocate winning by losing, but it might complicate Mac's exit if we win.
No it wont. Beating FSU didn't complicate anything with Zook.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
247 sports is now reporting this as a done deal and it's only a matter of if they can find a way to lessen the buyout. If they are going to pay the buyout he could be out by Sunday. If they are gonna negotiate it down or try to not pay it at all it could drag on a little longer.

This to me is the only red herring. I say drop the hammer immediately, tell him you will get nothing and like it due to some sort of breach, and make them take you to court. Then if you settle, fine. Please do not drag it out with him as HC.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...=0f6l1QljpMo&usg=AOvVaw3XW-pMhzINPzxyakFeWCId

Last edited:

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Don’t know enough about Frost to comment. If he was on that staff at the time, It would raise a serious red flag. Th NCAA gave out an 18 month show cause. It’s one of the most serious penalties. They don’t give it out unless you’ve done some serious crap like Bruce Pearl.

I’d take a few years of probation if it meant winning or at minimum the opportunity of executing a forward pass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator