DT situation just flatlined: Javier Edwards bails out

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Don't even think teams will have to attempt a pass on us next year, probably going to be giving up at least 250-300 yards on ground next year. The real question is after we fire Mac and hopefully get a real coach, how long will it take him to clean up the mess he will inherit. This will be like the forgotten decade of Florida football.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not sure why I should believe the world is falling apart this long before signing day? Verbal commitments mean nothing and kids change their minds all the time.
Maybe things will get better or I'll just slice my wrist on signing day when even the 2 stars don't want to play for the Mighty Gators.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So Stidham miraculously commits to us Jan. 1, Nuss is fired Jan. 2. What happens then? Just get rid of the guys now.

I might be wrong but I think that he's saying Summers and Nuss will be allowed to stay in if they bring those 2 on.

g8torfan

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2016
After whatever bowl game we go to (Outback?) and Nebraska or whoever stomps us a new orifice I'm sure we'll see this trend continue. That gives them all a solid month to figure out where they're going.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It happens...back the problem at hand...

Can someone tell me why the hell our staff can't sell a position of immediate need with names all over the NFL who have been drafted from our D-Line? We have guys flipping to Penn State, Arkansas, and potentially Nebraska....

So let me get this straight; every position on the field is going to become an eventual liability due to recruiting...yet people think this staff has what it takes...get real.
Negative fans.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
All the more reason to make a coaching change now. We don't have to worry about the class falling apart it's already in shambles. No coach should survive two public ass whippings on national tv at Florida - I don't care who we play.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
These people are seriously delusional, I mean I just laughed my ass off.

Gatorcountry is a complete joke. You're not allowed to suggest any coach should be let go, move on, be replaced, etc. The sunshine pumping is totally out of control. Worthless message board.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We could easily fall out of the top 50 with the ones that we already know are wavering.

I don't think we've ever had a class with more than one 2star player. This class may be majority 2 star.

I swear when you look at this recruiting its almost like Foley brought Mac here to spite the fans/boosters for making him fire Muschamp.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Luke Stampini ‏@LukeStampini 7m7 minutes ago
.@OtisKirk247 is reporting that JuCo DT Javier Edwards has backed off his Florida #Gators pledge http://florida.247sports.com/Article/DT-Javier-Edwards-reportedly-backs-off-Florida-Gators-pledge-49539678 …

This staff is one heaping, steaming pile of dawgshyt.

Apparently kids aren't that interested in coming to Florida and get blown out constantly, even if Mac loves them and thinks losing blowouts is keeeeewl.

We have, again, exactly ZERO DTs in the next class. This is going to be a worse class than Mac's first and EVEN I DIDN'T IMAGINE that was even possible.
"Surprise, Surprise, Surprise"

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Mac has to get the jump on recruiting in Europe,Australia ... any 300-lb Syrians coming in = Mac's got this.

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
The recruits are making a choice. It would take one hell of a used car salesman to sell this program to an elite recruit.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I can't believe we're hoping to beat Louisville and Kentucky out for our lone defensive tackle target.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.