Status
Not open for further replies.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well if Eason is still an EE it will be an interesting time frame for Kirby Smart. I assume he will stay with 'Bama until at least after the SEC Championship game. If we win he is gone to UGA to recruit I assume. If they win and they have to deal with playoff games he may not have much time to impress Eason.

Smart is outta there after Saturday.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I really doubt we get Eason. From everything I have heard that kid loves UGA and Athens. Unless they hire an OC to run the spread I think he is stays there. I think he might have come to Florida as a precaution since there is a new coach and he wants to be preapred in the event UGA does something stupid like hiring a coordinator that wants this kid to run the ball.

I have no idea what is going with Franks, he said he was committed, but Mac never gave the #chompchomp... then he had an in home with LSU. I am very worried right now that we don't get either and Grier transfers and our QB situation is crap for another year.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
I have no idea what is going with Franks, he said he was committed, but Mac never gave the #chompchomp... then he had an in home with LSU. I am very worried right now that we don't get either and Grier transfers and our QB situation is crap for another year.

I think it may be more of a precaution with Franks not to do all the stuff he did with the other EE's. If you can get dinged for this if he doesn't come he is probably waiting on the 100% from Franks. His meeting with Les was scheduled before Eason announced he was coming here I believe so it's even. Mac has to have told him look "Until you tell me you are 100% and are done with LSU we are still looking for our QB because we want you, but if you don't want us we will find someone else."

At this point I really believe we are 40-50% for Eason. All the dawg fans I know are now saying look for WV OC as a target and they run a spread. No way he goes there if that is the case. We also have the possibility of Haskens coming back open depending on who Durkin hires there. They are saying he wants to run an O similar to what Meyer runs at Ohio St so who knows how that affects him.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think it may be more of a precaution with Franks not to do all the stuff he did with the other EE's. If you can get dinged for this if he doesn't come he is probably waiting on the 100% from Franks. His meeting with Les was scheduled before Eason announced he was coming here I believe so it's even. Mac has to have told him look "Until you tell me you are 100% and are done with LSU we are still looking for our QB because we want you, but if you don't want us we will find someone else."

At this point I really believe we are 40-50% for Eason. All the dawg fans I know are now saying look for WV OC as a target and they run a spread. No way he goes there if that is the case. We also have the possibility of Haskens coming back open depending on who Durkin hires there. They are saying he wants to run an O similar to what Meyer runs at Ohio St so who knows how that affects him.
wouldn't that suck. we strike out on all 3 with who their coaches are versus Mac.

Franks: LSU has had maybe 1 good QB under Miles
Eason: UGA has an unproven HC with defensive background
Haskins: Maryland has the same issue as UGA

Meanwhile we have a proven QB developer with an offensive mindset. We have an incumbent QB who is incompetent during this stretch. We have a talented QB who very well maybe transferring. Also, we have an unproven walk-on with a little hype and a 2* EE. Am I ****ing missing something here?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
You don't think he will try to pull double duty?
No way. Once he's announced he's gone. You think Saban wants him on his payroll recruiting for the Dwags and trying to hire away his staff?

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
wouldn't that suck. we strike out on all 3 with who their coaches are versus Mac.

Meanwhile we have a proven QB developer with an offensive mindset. We have an incumbent QB who is incompetent during this stretch. We have a talented QB who very well maybe transferring. Also, we have an unproven walk-on with a little hype and a 2* EE. Am I ****ing missing something here?

I'm not sure it's OK to call "the incumbent" incompetent. You may want to refer to the new manual.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Doesnt Mac normally wait until the paperwork is in before he comments?

He cannot comment on the player. But he normally tweets #ChompChomp after a player commits. It looks like he did not do that in this case.

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014

You make good points but given our horrendous luck we have had with QBs since Tebow left it would be par for the course....

Cam newton leaves and 2 years later wins a national championship for auburn and was arguably one of the best single season players ever

We get stuck with highly touted Brantley who is a bust for 2 years. Then we go with highly touted driskel who does well for 1/2 season and busts 2.5 years. Then Brisset leaves and tears it up at NC st. Then finally we get Grier who looks like he may be great and has all the tools and he gets busted for PEDs. Given all that it makes perfect sense that our 2 highly rated recruits bail and Grier leaves and we are left with a QB battle between treon and a 2 star freshman who was a backup in high school.

:debbiedowner:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You make good points but given our horrendous luck we have had with QBs since Tebow left it would be par for the course....

Cam newton leaves and 2 years later wins a national championship for auburn and was arguably one of the best single season players ever

We get stuck with highly touted Brantley who is a bust for 2 years. Then we go with highly touted driskel who does well for 1/2 season and busts 2.5 years. Then Brisset leaves and tears it up at NC st. Then finally we get Grier who looks like he may be great and has all the tools and he gets busted for PEDs. Given all that it makes perfect sense that our 2 highly rated recruits bail and Grier leaves and we are left with a QB battle between treon and a 2 star freshman who was a backup in high school.

:debbiedowner:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The worst thing about Brantley is that Meyer ruined him. If they would've ran the offense from the 2006 championship game, Brantley would likely have been adequate (game manager), and maybe better. The GA's at the time admitted that they messed him up by trying to get him to run an option offense.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What does that tell you in terms of the kind of guy you want as your coach? A defensive nutcase or a guy who grooms quarterbacks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.