Status
Not open for further replies.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I want Eason too but if I had to choose one I'm leaning towards Franks. Guess I can't help but assume from comments, pics, and videos that Eason doesn't seem smart. I believe intelligence is paramount in Macs system for the qb especially
I agree on your choice, but then again you should hear the comments people make about me

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Apparently Mac will be visiting Eason in the next day or two or this weekend (paywall), a mere week after Smart met with him (and presumably revealed his OC short list).
We will be getting his last "visit" and Mac will be wearing the closer's hat. It comes down to this: a head coach from his neck of the woods with a QB whisperer reputation and a clear understanding of exactly what Eason will be doing the next 4 years vs. a head coach-elect with a purely defensive background, no OC and no way to talk offense X's and O's/scheme/ideas the way Mac can without sounding like a fraud (especially after hearing from Mac). Not only can Mac reel Eason in, but I think he should.

Based upon the limited video I've seen of Franks and Eason, I'm content with either, hope for both, and prefer Eason. Both appear to have live arms, but Eason looks deadly accurate.
I'm going to be at Seatac aiprort this afternoon - I'll keep an eye out for Mac.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I want Eason too but if I had to choose one I'm leaning towards Franks. Guess I can't help but assume from comments, pics, and videos that Eason doesn't seem smart. I believe intelligence is paramount in Macs system for the qb especially
I posted this on page 8.
Academic excellence: Eason has maintained a 3.83 GPA.
He ain't no Drizzy, he's a real QB. Just because he looks a little slow, doesn't mean it's so. Heck, the Manning brothers look like a couple of dolts, and they're pretty good.
http://usatodayhss.com/2015/gatorade-washington-football-poy-jacob-eason

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Apparently Mac will be visiting Eason in the next day or two or this weekend...
We will be getting his last "visit" and Mac will be wearing the closer's hat...

Based upon the limited video I've seen of Franks and Eason, I'm content with either, hope for both, and prefer Eason. Both appear to have live arms, but Eason looks deadly accurate.

1) I thought Eason was going to Athens "this" weekend ???

2) I'm pumped we have Franks and I'd be happy with either... BUT we typically haven't had a lot of luck with bringing in two high caliber QB's in the same year. I hope we get both but that's just out of sheer greed...that and it would be nice to steal away uga's prized recruit...and thinking like Bear Bryant, it'd be good just to keep the talent away from Athens so we don't have to play against him.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So I looked up Del Rio on Rivals and he was the #28 QB and a 3*. Just because he's been here a year doesn't meant he'll be any better than Morningwood, Jacob Guy or Max Staver. Eason is a 5* kid who could probably hold the fort down pretty well with a limited playbook. Playing a true freshman isn't ideal, but Del Rio was #28, not a top 11. Not saying Del Rio can't play, but we haven't seen it yet.

Supposedly Franks wants to RS, which is fine. However, we have Jake Allen wrapped up for next years class. So I don't want to take 3 QB's this class and I don't think we will. Ideally, I think we would want to take Eason and play him as a True Freshman, even if it's just mop up duty. There's a good chance that Grier is gone after this year anyway (not a certainty, but well in play). Jake Allen could come in and RS. Meanwhile, Del Rio and Trask are there as backups. I think that gives us pretty good continuity at the QB position.

I think once we get things settled that Mac will take a QB every class. More than likely high 4* guys with a 5* every 2nd or 3rd year.

Sep 29, 2015

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Eason already has an established relationship with Georgia and other Georgia recruits in his class. Sure, I guess there's a chance we flip him, but I honestly don't see it happening. Looking forward to Grier* and Eason fighting it out for the East the next 3 years.

* any claims about Grier haven't been tested or approved by the University of Florida medical staff and therefore shouldn't be used as statements of fact. Use at your own risk.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Eason already has an established relationship with Georgia and other Georgia recruits in his class. Sure, I guess there's a chance we flip him, but I honestly don't see it happening. Looking forward to Grier* and Eason fighting it out for the East the next 3 years.

* any claims about Grier haven't been tested or approved by the University of Florida medical staff and therefore shouldn't be used as statements of fact. Use at your own risk.
This.
I also look forward to the competition in 2017 between between Grier and Franks after Phielipiepeis has a year of tutelage.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think we have a chance at flipping Eason, but not a big one. While he does have a relationship with UGA recruits, he doesn't have any relationships with their coaching staff anymore and that is a big deal. It seems like Nauta is already looking around also. Eason has a relationship with Nuss and seems to be developing one with McElwain.

If there is one thing we have learned it is that you need a lot of QBs who can come in and play when needed. We have gone years without consistent QB play and just when we though we were getting it this year it was pulled away from us.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Think it all comes down to what Kirby sells him this weekend on potential OC. I think him knowing Nussy is a lot more on his mind then people think. I know the articles that keep coming out daily are simply AJC crap talking to the same coach and according to them all of our recruits are going to flip to the new schools that decided to come hard after them this week. He is going to UGA this weekend, but from what I understand they have moved the recruits to other activities as far away from the gala as possible because Richt will be there for the seniors and they don't want him anywhere near the recruits for fear the entire class will flip to UM. Needless to say all the fans i know are trying to act cool, but are terrified because all their eggs are in one basket and they have no option after him. They are already crying about why do we want him when we have Franks, or should they recruit Franks now in case he flips. Would love it if he flips just to get their smug faces to cry. The ones I know, practically everyone I grew up with and went to college with, are back to believing the garbage ESPN has been doing about them recently and how they are a sleeping giant, blah, blah, blah. To them Kirby will have 3 rings in the next five years and it feels like Mark May back in them mid 2000's constantly picking them to win it all.

ReelGatorDoc

Sep 9, 2014
From and intelligence point of view, I'm hoping which ever QB we get is smart enough to not
take any supplement / medication / herb that hasn't be approved.

Still blows my mind on that brain fart moment! Which makes me doubt Grier's IQ / judgement going forward..

Bring on the studs, bring em all on, then battle for playing time - any and all.

like Franks says, "iron sharpens iron" . I like that attitude.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Petersen needs a splash, bad. 14-12 in two seasons there so far..
Remember when most of this board thought that Petersen was a sure shot HC?

Nope, he's just the next in the long line of Boise failures.

Last edited:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So I looked up Del Rio on Rivals and he was the #28 QB and a 3*. Just because he's been here a year doesn't meant he'll be any better than Morningwood, Jacob Guy or Max Staver. Eason is a 5* kid who could probably hold the fort down pretty well with a limited playbook. Playing a true freshman isn't ideal, but Del Rio was #28, not a top 11. Not saying Del Rio can't play, but we haven't seen it yet.

Supposedly Franks wants to RS, which is fine. However, we have Jake Allen wrapped up for next years class. So I don't want to take 3 QB's this class and I don't think we will. Ideally, I think we would want to take Eason and play him as a True Freshman, even if it's just mop up duty. There's a good chance that Grier is gone after this year anyway (not a certainty, but well in play). Jake Allen could come in and RS. Meanwhile, Del Rio and Trask are there as backups. I think that gives us pretty good continuity at the QB position.

I think once we get things settled that Mac will take a QB every class. More than likely high 4* guys with a 5* every 2nd or 3rd year.

Great post

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014

???

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
Next year will be his third year, and he will be eligible to declare for the NFL.

So people think a QB who would have at best started about 12 games or so would be a high draft pick? Its always been my observation that kids who aren't hurting for money and come from affluent families or have parents that are coaches tend to play out their eligibility. That would seem to make sense especially for somebody with so little playing time.

I just can't figure out the logic of him leaving. To where? To do what?

As to Eason, I would love to see him here. He looked like he was a much sharper passer than Franks and had a pretty impressive arm and accuracy for High Schooler. Franks looked like a good athlete, good arm strength, and good touch on lob/fade passes, but his short passes were wobbly, lacked velocity, and his favorite pass was lobbing it up into the air and the WR chasing it down. Eason seemed to be a much sharper passer. I kind of doubt he comes, but if I am in his shoes I can't figure how he goes to GA to an unknown situation vs coming to FL with QB friendly coaches like Coach Mc and Nuss. Kids don't probably think this way, but a QB going to play for a new head coach, on his first gig, that is a defensive coach is a dice roll. Chances are if he even makes it he'll end up rotating OC's every year or two and may even change the scheme if he doesn't have immediate success. May as well go play for Muschamp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator