ESPN Cleans house

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Good God. This is his way of warning ESPN not to fire him, as he'll publicly make it a race issue. He's a scumbag.

Do these guys have any idea how they sound?

At some point, these guys got confused with what their jobs actually are.

ESPN hired them because they were loud and opinionated (but usually knowledgeable) about sports.

Somewhere along the way, Smith (and many others over there--including the producers) thought that just being loud and opinionated on everything was what people wanted. It's not.

Now, these clowns actually think they're more important than the network or the sports themselves, when the reality is they're not.

Most people would cheer at Smith being fired because his shtick became dated awhile ago, even when he's actually trying to talk about sports.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014

ESPN hired them because they were loud and opinionated (but usually knowledgeable) about sports.

Somewhere along the way, Smith (and many others over there--including the producers) thought that just being loud and opinionated on everything was what people wanted. It's not.

Now, these clowns actually think they're more important than the network or the sports themselves, when the reality is they're not.

Most people would cheer at Smith being fired because his shtick became dated awhile ago, even when he's actually trying to talk about sports.
Max Kellerman was actually a good announcer for boxing... 30 years ago. Not sure WTF happened.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

I disagree. You don’t have an entire network full of racist/woke loudmouths by accident. ESPN pushed their agenda (like all other networks) by hiring those folks.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, where would we be without fat Holly?
The Muppets Episode 3 GIF

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
I disagree. You don’t have an entire network full of racist/woke loudmouths by accident. ESPN pushed their agenda (like all other networks) by hiring those folks.

No arguments with that take--I do think it was a conscious decision by corporate to start pushing more "woke" talking points along the way...and it shows in many of their hires.

That said, when Smith started there, he wasn't nearly as politically opinionated as he became and is now.

I think ESPN is realizing belatedly that trying to push together sports and politics turned off more users than it brought in and that their core audience wants less of it, not more.

Zero sympathy that it's biting them in their ass right now--locked into Smith's high network contract and him (predictably) playing the race card that they encouraged him for most of the last 10 years to play.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
No arguments with that take--I do think it was a conscious decision by corporate to start pushing more "woke" talking points along the way...and it shows in many of their hires.

That said, when Smith started there, he wasn't nearly as politically opinionated as he became and is now.

I think ESPN is realizing belatedly that trying to push together sports and politics turned off more users than it brought in and that their core audience wants less of it, not more.

Zero sympathy that it's biting them in their ass right now--locked into Smith's high network contract and him (predictably) playing the race card that they encouraged him for most of the last 10 years to play.
Wondering if they kept all the heads that developed the woke "content"

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.