Jan 31, 2016
Yeah guys... t and I feel sorry for you ...it's pretty obvious

33615c14a23a4aaab81cf3519cbdf2b2.jpg

Chances are?

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
.....and I hope Mac keeps the pressure up on Fooley.

PRETTY SURE you don't have to worry about that. Seems every week or so Mac is mentioning facilities in some public forum. I'd say he's keeping constant pressure on Foley for upgrades.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I like our HC to have Program-improvement expectations. Continual nudges to Foley and
whoever by Mac will advance the "wow!" of eye appeal in all our facilities.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
A nicer indoor??? We have one of the best and newest indoor facility in the country.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Why does our coach have to put pressure on the best AD ever to improve our facilities?

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Unless there is a scheduling conflict, why does it matter that there is only one weight room? I get that it would be nice to have a dozen of them, and I'm not against building more, but for realz? Sharing a weight room is now a problem? Soon every athlete will want their own machine.

Highly doubt unless Mac was hired we'd have that IPF.

I think any coach we woulda hired would have expected the IPF. It's just the times we live in.
Maybe facilities are why Stoops would not take the job, all 32 times it was offered to him.

Last edited:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think it would be funny if Foley started putting pressure on him publicly to recruit better

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
So it sounds like Foley recognized this is an issue and is taking steps to fix it. Yes... it is probably about 4 years late, but Urban Meyer won two championships with these horrible facilities and got all kinds of talent here.

The facilities might cost us a few recruits "like Mathis", but they have not been the key reason for the downfall. The key reason was coaching and poor offensive recruiting. We got tons of talent on defense and those kids like facilities also.

I find it hilarious when people complain about Foley as an Athletic Director. Who do you think is better? The guy from Alabama...? They are the only football program that has really had consistent success for a long time and it is as much about having Nick Saban and rabid fans who donate a ton of money than anything else. What school would you rather be from an athletic standpoint?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So it sounds like Foley recognized this is an issue and is taking steps to fix it. Yes... it is probably about 4 years late, but Urban Meyer won two championships with these horrible facilities and got all kinds of talent here.

The facilities might cost us a few recruits "like Mathis", but they have not been the key reason for the downfall. The key reason was coaching and poor offensive recruiting. We got tons of talent on defense and those kids like facilities also.

I find it hilarious when people complain about Foley as an Athletic Director. Who do you think is better? The guy from Alabama...? They are the only football program that has really had consistent success for a long time and it is as much about having Nick Saban and rabid fans who donate a ton of money than anything else. What school would you rather be from an athletic standpoint?

Actually Foley pumped in money during the Meyer years and we had some of the top facilities in the nation. It's just that other programs caught up and continue to pump money and Foley just quit.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Actually Foley pumped in money during the Meyer years and we had some of the top facilities in the nation. It's just that other programs caught up and continue to pump money and Foley just quit.

We didn't have an IPF and even during the Meyer years our athletes had to share the weight room...

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Unless there is a scheduling conflict, why does it matter that there is only one weight room? I get that it would be nice to have a dozen of them, and I'm not against building more, but for realz? Sharing a weight room is now a problem? Soon every athlete will want their own machine.

Well, if you want to work out in the nude, there are certain problems that could, -ahem- arise, if there are women in the gym. So there's that.

As to every athlete wanting their own machine, I think Louisville basketball started that approach but was testing it out with 'every athlete gets their own hooker'. We'll get there eventually. Just be patient.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
To give you guys something to b*tch about in the offseason. :dunno:

Can you actually answer the question? It is a valid one. Instead of complaining about me...try to come up with a good answer. I'll gladly have an honest open discussion with you about it.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Because it gives you another opportunity to bash the AD and the entire program. You know, your favorite pastime.
Can you actually answer the question? It is a valid one. Instead of complaining about me...try to come up with a good answer. I'll gladly have an honest open discussion with you about it.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Why didn't their defensive coordinator know?

That's exactly right.

I think this horse has been beaten (that Foley dropped the ball on facilities)....and I know there are two camps (those that think he's the greatest and those who think he's not the greatest - to put it mildly).

But to go back to the Muschamp hire: it was the biggest mistake Foley's made at UF. If the right coach was hired the "facilities" issue would not have been an issue right now. Muschamp, being a first time head coach, didn't have the balls to ask for the things he needed (then he had the balls to make comments about our facilites when he went to Auburn last year). Then adding a 4th year to the Muschamp tenure held us back yet another year on the facilities race.

I like what McElwain is doing and hopefully the recruiting classes will show improvement in the coming years. But everyone who thinks McElwain is going to be ultra-successful at UF are the same people who thought Muschamp would be successful at UF...and the same people who think Kirby Smart is going to be a bust at UGA. Why would one Saban assistant be a sure success and another be a bust? McElwain would not be at UF had he not coached at Bama...same w/ Smart at UGA. Muschamp took a similar path (under Saban) but also coached under some pretty successful head coaches in Mack Brown and Tubberville. To be honest, Jimbo Fisher is really the only highly successful former Saban assistant. McElwain seems to be doing the right things and has a plan....unlike the other bafoon Saban assistant now at South Carolina.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
.......Who do you think is better? The guy from Alabama...? They are the only football program that has really had consistent success for a long time and it is as much about having Nick Saban and rabid fans who donate a ton of money than anything else. What school would you rather be from an athletic standpoint?

Don't forget that Alabama also suffered through Shulla, Franchione, Dubose, and that other gut that got fired before he ever coached a single game for using a university credit card on booze, strippers, and hookers in Pensacola.

They didn't just go straight from Bear Bryant to Nick Saban, while Gene Stallings held serve as the interim while awaiting the second coming of their football messiah in the form of Lil' Nicky.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
... welll just to be sure, have somebody check Mrs. Foley's closet for xs numbers and
costly pairs of shoes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator