Facilities According to Mac

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Can you actually answer the question? It is a valid one. Instead of complaining about me...try to come up with a good answer. I'll gladly have an honest open discussion with you about it.
:lol:
Almost every comment you make is complaining about Foley, recruiting, etc.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Can you actually answer the question? It is a valid one. Instead of complaining about me...try to come up with a good answer. I'll gladly have an honest open discussion with you about it.
To answer your question, I would guess every HC of each team would be the one that needs to ask for improvements to their respective facitilites. I doubt most ADs are running around looking for ways to spend more money. Mac doesn't appear to be afraid to ask and it also appears Foley is obliging.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
To answer your question, I would guess every HC of each team would be the one that needs to ask for improvements to their respective facitilites. I doubt most ADs are running around looking for ways to spend more money. Mac doesn't appear to be afraid to ask and it also appears Foley is obliging.

This makes zero sense. The HBC shouldn't have to ask. The AD should be all over it and see the trends. Since these improvements are not overnight fixes he should have the foresight to plan accordingly. Try again.

PS So, if Mac didn't ask then we'd still be falling further and further behind? Seriously?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I don't agree with this. Most ADs of power five conferences have been upgrading their facilities for the last several years.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't agree with this. Most ADs of power five conferences have been upgrading their facilities for the last several years.
But did the ADs do it on their own or were they asked by the FB coach to help keep up with the Oregon Nike's and the likes? I do kinda agree with MJM - time has shown me that the squeaky wheel does indeed get the grease most of the time. I've learned that sitting back and just thinking that you'll get what you deserve doesn't always pan out. Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets the grease because the boss is tired of f>cking hearing it, fair or not.
I also will say that I can't admit that Foley didn't drop the ball on this. Too busy watching ladies tennis maybe? :naughty:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
And you don't think it's been done with prodding by the HCs?

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Its no secret that Foley has put us behind in the arms race. Honestly, I think he somehow lives in a fantasy land where all that matters is that "we are Florida" and that alone should bring in top recruits. Actually, that was somewhat a reality in the past but times are a changing and these days its being used against us. Foley is to blame but it seems that Mac has kicked him in the ass and finally got him on board. The good news is we are starting to catch up and will be fine....

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
And you don't think it's been done with prodding by the HCs?

Every coach in every sport should be asking for more and more. Any coach worth their salt. Foley has done amazing things. It's ok to say he screwed up. Geez.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Every coach in every sport should be asking for more and more. Any coach worth their salt. Foley has done amazing things. It's ok to say he screwed up. Geez.
All I'm saying is the squeaky wheel gets the oil. I don't think Urban was doing his job the last year and obviously WM was incapable.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
all the other sports are so good because they use football weight equipment.
And because Foley pumps money that could be used for football facilities into such things such as women's lacrosse and soccer and....

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Would you keep putting money into the WM investment?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Its no secret that Foley has put us behind in the arms race. Honestly, I think he somehow lives in a fantasy land where all that matters is that "we are Florida" and that alone should bring in top recruits. Actually, that was somewhat a reality in the past but times are a changing and these days its being used against us. Foley is to blame but it seems that Mac has kicked him in the ass and finally got him on board. The good news is we are starting to catch up and will be fine....
That's pretty much the way it is. The whole "this is Florida" way of thinking was hard to see past when you are only 2 or 3 years removed from championships in football and I be willing to admit I felt the same way up until 2013. Hopefully he has learned that time alone will not keep the program near the top. It takes constant tweaking and monitoring. Let's face it, CFB is a business these days that requires substantial investments to get a quality return. I'm still a little on the fence about Mac. I truly believe this year in particular and the next two years in general will define this program heading into the next decade. Our schedule is primed for a 10 win season or better. If we finish with 8 or fewer wins I think we could be mired in mediocrity for a while.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think the problem has been two fold when a coach has ask/demanded facility upgrades they have gotten it. Look at the upgrades Meyer got, and when those upgrades were not demanded they money went else where. Mushcamp didn't really ask for upgrades, because he believed that "We are Florida" and his own sales ability was enough. Foley then mistakenly threw two extensions onto Muschamp before his first contract was near being up and only one good season. Foley didn't see the writing on the wall with Muschamp and how the facilities arms race was going regardless of the information he was getting from his employees.

Foley has to depend on his employees to determine what is best for their individual sport, that is what good managers do. But they also have to hire good employees that can make the proper decisions and have the proper information. Foley failed in this department with Muschamp. Foley should have seen past this. Muschamp didn't make a case plan for new facilities, if we were talking Meyer (2007 version) a man who could make a great case plan and demand for these things the indoor facility would have been up in 2010 or 2011.

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
Our schedule is primed for a 10 win season or better.

"Primed" may be a bit strong. If we take off our orange & blue glasses and try to look at this dispassionately, 2016 looks like this:

* We have three gimmies. (I had to look up WTF are the Presbyterian Blue Hose.)
* Assume we win all six games against "regular-strength" SEC teams. Although two of those, GA and @Ark, are pre-season top 25.
* To get 10 wins, that leaves us needing to beat one Top 10 team in three opportunities ... @Tenn (pre-season #10), LSU at home (#6), or @FSU (#4).

That certainly sounds do-able if we have arrived as a solid Top 10 team ourselves, but is a stretch if our youth and lack of depth in some areas gets exposed by injuries.

We *should* win 9. Ten would be a slightly exceeding expectations, just based on rankings. Eleven requires beating two (pre-season) Top Ten teams, at least one the road.

(But twelve regular season wins would be A-Okay by me.)

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
"Primed" may be a bit strong. If we take off our orange & blue glasses and try to look at this dispassionately, 2016 looks like this:

* We have three gimmies. (I had to look up WTF are the Presbyterian Blue Hose.)
* Assume we win all six games against "regular-strength" SEC teams. Although two of those, GA and @Ark, are pre-season top 25.
* To get 10 wins, that leaves us needing to beat one Top 10 team in three opportunities ... @Tenn (pre-season #10), LSU at home (#6), or @FSU (#4).

That certainly sounds do-able if we have arrived as a solid Top 10 team ourselves, but is a stretch if our youth and lack of depth in some areas gets exposed by injuries.

We *should* win 9. Ten would be a slightly exceeding expectations, just based on rankings. Eleven requires beating two (pre-season) Top Ten teams, at least one the road.

(But twelve regular season wins would be A-Okay by me.)
I'm factoring in a bowl game and possible return to the SECCG. Ideally I'm hoping for at least 10-3 or 11-3, anything on top of that would be icing on the cake and almost assuredly get us a top 10 or better recruiting class.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
:lol:
Almost every comment you make is complaining about Foley, recruiting, etc.

It's not. Sorry you feel that way.

Yes it is. You're own VERY NEXT POST is a Foley bash.

This makes zero sense. The HBC shouldn't have to ask. The AD should be all over it and see the trends. Since these improvements are not overnight fixes he should have the foresight to plan accordingly. Try again.

PS So, if Mac didn't ask then we'd still be falling further and further behind? Seriously?

:lmao2:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I don't think Urban was doing his job the last year and obviously WM was incapable
You're right about that however it is ultimately Foley's responsibility to oversee the positions and overall welfare of the program.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.