Whatever. Fvkk Georgia.
mzeOX.gif

I need some 812 right now.

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Of course. Weight isn't everything or Mike and Desir would be playing at DT.

However, hopefully the easy games aren't close and we can afford to play the freshmen to get some experience and to take the reps off our poor two starting DTs.
You're in luck, counselor. Desir-Jones is at dt for the moment

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Zach Carter showing "grown man strength "

And Riles working at Right Guard.

I thought it was Taylor at first glance but it was walkon tackle Benalcazar. Raymond at DT. Walkons in the backfield.

They probably run about 1000 of those a day though. But Riles is definitely playing guard so far.

Last edited:

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
During Florida’s Football Media Day on Wednesday, Inside the Gators was able to catch up with returning Gator players and get their opinions on the signees from the 2017 recruiting class, some of which enrolled at the start of the Summer B semester.

Sophomore Chauncey Gardner Jr. on cornerbacks Brian Edwards and Shawn Davis: “As a whole, from the young guys coming in, I don’t really individualize them because everybody has their own strengths and weaknesses. As a whole, their strengths are amazing. Their weaknesses, some just need to work on. But like I said, we try to focus on being more of a mental game and help them grow as one instead of focusing on what one can do, or what the other one can’t do.”

* Redshirt Senior Nick Washington on the incoming freshmen: “Seeing those guys come in. Obviously, everyone that came in, no one really knew what exactly to do. But they’re willing to listen and just take in what we say. They’re coming along really well and I can’t wait to see what they do in camp.”

* Sophomore David Reese on the incoming linebackers: “Those guys are great talents. They’re very athletic. We just have to hope everyone stays healthy and make sure they get into the playbook. Make sure they learn everything and have less doubts as possible because you never know what happens. Like last year, we had three guys, we would have never expected Jarrad Davis and Alex Anzalone, two NFL Draft picks, to get hurt and we’d have to play as true freshmen. As long as their prepared just like we were prepared, they should be fine.

* Sophomore Antonneous Clayton on Tedarrell Slaton and the other freshmen: “Those guys came in and they’re ready to play. This is one of the best freshmen classes I’ve ever seen that I’ve ever been around. I watch other freshmen classes from other schools. But I think the freshman class that came in this year, I don’t even really feel like they’re freshmen. It feels like they’ve been here.”

* Junior Cece Jefferson on how the freshmen defensive linemen looked during PRP’s: "Those are some big dudes, man. You know, they catch on fast, they are like sponges. Whatever the older guys or the coaches say, they just suck it in and do it during OTA's. They are very coachable and I love that about those guys. They have a willing to learn, so I think they are going to help us a lot this year."

* Redshirt Freshman Feleipe Franks on quarterback Jake Allen: "He's a good person. He's just a good person. obviously a good quarterback. He tried to approach the game and bring everything down and make it simple and he's a good learner. He takes things in like a sponge like what we are saying to him. He's just a good learner. Good player. Good learner. Good person."

* Sophomore Jawaan Taylor on offensive lineman T.J. Moore: “T.J. Moore can contribute at any position, whether it’s center, guard, or tackle. We bought him in to help us out, to give us more depth on the line. He can contribute from day one for us. He’s a good, physical guy.”

* Redshirt Freshman Brett Heggie on Moore: "So, he's definitely coming in with the body type and he comes with the work ethic and he's a humble kid. I think he's going to do the little things and eventually, I think he's going to find the field. He's a very hard-working kid. He's quiet and he just does what he needs to do. I'm excited about his future."

* Sophomore Tyrie Cleveland on wide receiver Daquon Green: "He's very quick, smart guy. I feel like he just needs to know the playbook like any other freshman coming in. I feel like once he learns the playbook and gets comfortable, the sky is the limit. One thing I keep telling him is just to keep working and just keep studying."

* Redshirt Junior Dre Massey on how Daquon Green looked during PRP’s: "I think he's a very mature freshman. He runs great routes; he can catch the ball well."

* Sophomore Lamical Perine’s thoughts on the Summer B enrollees Malik Davis and Adarius Lemons: "They are top-tier guys. They just need to get in here and learn and play ball. That's the biggest part when you try to come in and play."

https://florida.rivals.com/news/soundoff-returning-gators-comment-on-summer-b-enrollees

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
* Sophomore Antonneous Clayton on Tedarrell Slaton and the other freshmen: “Those guys came in and they’re ready to play. This is one of the best freshmen classes I’ve ever seen that I’ve ever been around. I watch other freshmen classes from other schools. But I think the freshman class that came in this year, I don’t even really feel like they’re freshmen. It feels like they’ve been here.”

* Junior Cece Jefferson on how the freshmen defensive linemen looked during PRP’s: "Those are some big dudes, man. You know, they catch on fast, they are like sponges. Whatever the older guys or the coaches say, they just suck it in and do it during OTA's. They are very coachable and I love that about those guys. They have a willing to learn, so I think they are going to help us a lot this year."
:yes:

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
It looks like opinion of Coach Brad Davis is trending up around this place. We haven't seen his line perform on the field yet, but it appears he has done enough to this point to improve his image. Hopefully, his upward track continues when his players are on the field.

This is what was said about him on Gatorchatter when he was hired. I am not identifying who posted what. This is not intended as a way of proving anyone wrong or right, but simply to show how much perception has changed. He must be doing something right.

• If Davis is truly our replacement for Summers, I'll go ahead and say I wish Summers had stayed :lol3:
  • And then we get (what appears to be) a crap sandwich of hires. I try to defend Mac but this kinda sucks.
  • Freakin north texas oline coach too? Have i died and gone to hell. One step forward2 steps back.
  • ****in losers
  • I think most are okay with Bell, but please don't spin Davis. He's a cheap hire from North Texas.
  • WTF? This OL hire is so mediocre, head scratching.
  • You don't have to.be a rocket scientist to see that Davis hire as a joke. Two stops non that are power 5. Never recruited this area and was responsible for 6 Ol stats ranking in the 100s.
  • His primary quality is clear, at N Texas he was making slightly less than a decent plumber.
  • We shouldn't be hiring guys from N. Texas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.