Felipe Franks - "I'm going there to start."

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
......... I've been extremely complimentary of Mac. So you probably just can't read very well.

Maybe it's just that the constant, unrelenting negativity as of late, has washed from memory any positive comments that you've made from a seemingly distant past...

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe it's just that the constant, unrelenting negativity as of late, has washed from memory any positive comments that you've made from a seemingly distant past...
The team hasn't been playing well for a few weeks. Do you disagree?

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The team hasn't been playing well for a few weeks. Do you disagree?

Oh NO. Our offense sucks. I'll give you that. I'm not arguing that. That's not the point. Some here are typically much, much, much, much, much more negative than the average poster. I suppose, at least lately, you seem to be falling into that category.

If we had a gatorchatter Heisman in that category, we'd have your plane ticket to New York already booked.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I do on this one... I agree only that we have had bad QB play, bad kicking game play, and some bad OLine play... most of the team is playing very well.

So basically the whole offense outside of KT? I'd way the WRs as a group have been pretty bad all year long. I'll give TEs a pass..they have played well.

So lets just say the offense pretty much has sucked since Treon took over. I put most of that on Treon and the OL, but even against FSU the OL played well enough for us to win if we had any sort of competance at QB.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Agree with what others are saying especially regarding LB's....We have to hit a homerun in that position group because we will be playing at least one freshmen there. Oline for added depth in the future of course. The big question is do we take another QB and RB? Overall we will be sitting pretty good on NSD, and it looks like we have a few coaches who can develop these kids into decent players. We'll get a few 5 stars.

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
So basically the whole offense outside of KT? I'd way the WRs as a group have been pretty bad all year long. I'll give TEs a pass..they have played well.

So lets just say the offense pretty much has sucked since Treon took over. I put most of that on Treon and the OL, but even against FSU the OL played well enough for us to win if we had any sort of competance at QB.

Yes pretty much ATX... we had much better WR play when WG was in as he could see to find the open ones. He connected with Quite a few different WR's and made the Oline look really good because of his quicker decision's. And again I will reiterate that most of the time the online has given enough time for whoever the QB was to make a read and get the ball out. Which is good considering the doubt of the group starting this year.

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
Agree with what others are saying especially regarding LB's....We have to hit a homerun in that position group because we will be playing at least one freshmen there. Oline for added depth in the future of course. The big question is do we take another QB and RB? Overall we will be sitting pretty good on NSD, and it looks like we have a few coaches who can develop these kids into decent players. We'll get a few 5 stars.
It is going to happen on Dec 4th when Lyndell "Mack" Wilson commits to the good guys! :chomp:

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That's great! I hope we reel them in. I'm sure there are a lot of 4 and 5 star kids looking at UF after the job McElwain & Co. did this year. I just hope we have enough room to get them all.

I'm sure they'll make room one way or another...

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
How can anyone say we've had bad wr play? Guys are running around wide open. It all comes down to qb play. Not to beat a dead horse but when your qb holds on to the ball that long it makes the players around him look worse. With a half way servicable qb we would probably be undefeated or atleast would have beat fsu. Our offense is solely on the qb right now.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
How can anyone say we've had bad wr play? Guys are running around wide open. It all comes down to qb play. Not to beat a dead horse but when your qb holds on to the ball that long it makes the players around him look worse. With a half way servicable qb we would probably be undefeated or atleast would have beat fsu. Our offense is solely on the qb right now.

:bsmeter:

The Oline deserves blame also.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Kelvin had more rushing yards than Treon had throwing. I can't remember one outstanding play from Treon in that game (and he had opportunities). I don't put all the blame on him though - personally, I think Mac/Nuss called a horrible game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator