Felipe Franks vs Malik Zaire

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Franks is on the career arc of a big armed guy who either does not play or plays poorly when he is forced into action. My guess is that the UF QB pecking order according to the coaches is:

1. Malik
2. DelRio
3. Franks
4. Allen
5. Toney
6. Trask

My own view of what the pecking order should be based on clearly limited information is:

1. Malik
2. Trask
3. Allen
4. Franks
5. Toney
6. DelRio

My view is 1 and 2 are really close and I could see switching them. My view on Trask is that he looked like a QB in his first spring game without the coaches stacking the deck in his favor ala Franks this year. Then he was hurt but played this spring game.

Of course since Malik based on his history is quite likely to get hurt at some point this season, we will likely see two or more of these QBs and see McElwain's pecking order

You should really lay off the meth

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Unfortunately, the Clown is right.

Butters don't play freshmen and Franks isn't even a freshman who is ready to play.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Franks is on the career arc of a big armed guy who either does not play or plays poorly when he is forced into action. My guess is that the UF QB pecking order according to the coaches is:

1. Malik
2. DelRio
3. Franks
4. Allen
5. Toney
6. Trask
Maybe, but Toney will play and he will play QB. However, you almost need a "regular" QB and "wildcat" QB depth chart. Zaire takes some of Toney's snaps, I think. Allen isn't in front of Trask. Allen WILL redshirt and if we had four injuries I'm sure Trask would play, but he won't be in front of Allen next year.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.