Felipe Franks vs Malik Zaire

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Florida should have a top-quality QB. Zaire has had years to show that he is not a top quality, take over the team guy. Franks, so far, seems too over-reactive to consistently lead successful drives. Thus, we go into 2017 having to not depend on our centerpiece. That's not UF's style. So, we should watch & stress our RBs and run blocking.

I too am tired of having an HC-CEO that cannot develop a QB that he can tout as the "take-charge" guy. Mac should be able to point to one QB leader, and tell the others what that one is better at so those others can work at getting better = real competition for boss-QB. They can't each & every one be having the exact same success at throwing the fade, the sideline dart, the long pass, etc. etc.
And mainly I'm only hearing WR's names who are dropping the passes?? I think something's off with the reporting? How many passes are thrown in practice? Tell us Franks went 9 for16, Zaire went 8 for 12, LDR went 18 for 35. See, what that would inform us.

“I feel confident in my ability to lead this team,’’ Del Rio said. “I wouldn’t be here if I didn’t think I could play and start.’’

Del Rio has another opportunity and needs to take advantage of it.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
“I feel confident in my ability to lead this team,’’ Del Rio said. “I wouldn’t be here if I didn’t think I could play and start.’’

Del Rio has another opportunity and needs to take advantage of it.
:eek3:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Time to give the ball to Franks and live or die behind him
You think Mac's mindset has changed due to Corral committing? Think he may have decided to take his lumps with Franks, but now that Corral's in the mix next year he decides to go the safe route this year with LDR?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You think Mac's mindset has changed due to Corral committing? Think he may have decided to take his lumps with Franks, but now that Corral's in the mix next year he decides to go the safe route this year with LDR?

In what insane world is that the safe route?

crazyeyes.jpeg

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
In what insane world is that the safe route?

the world where these dumpers try every imaginable way to suggest LDR will be thr starter :lol2:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

... except, we need to lock up the safe.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
the world where these dumpers try every imaginable way to suggest LDR will be thr starter :lol2:

I don't want him to ever step on the field again. His attitude sux, and he ain't got an SEC arm. I'd rather take our lumps with Franks or Zaire if he can beat Franks out.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Even If he never sees the field it was still a brilliant move. He brings a lot of leadership and intangibles. Great vision by the coaching staff.

If there's a bustle in your hedgerow, don't be alarmed now
It's just a spring clean for the May queen

Yes, there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run
There's still time to change the road you're on

Path1 :Stick with the QB of the future. You may lose some games while he learns and gets some timing down
Path2 ; Use the One trick pony QB. He may get you some wins early, he may not, you may be starting over midseason with QB1

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Mac was able to develop a QB at Colorado State and McElroy was good too under him. I'm not sure if John Parker Wilson was under him or not but he looked ok. That was before Saban had the machine rolling like he does now. His history leads me to believe he can develop one. In fact, I think Grier was close to being the guy until he screwed the pooch with the whole drug/supplement issues.

With Nuss well I got nothing other than AJ Mccaron....

I don't really give those OCs much credit for what Bama's QBs did since most of their yardage seemed to come from throws to really open WRs on play action passes because Bama destroyed the opposing defenses with their running game first.

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
Get to work, Tonya!
I'm sure LDR will take care of this himself, I give him till next week before he either aggravates his shoulder or jacks up his knee again. Give it time, the universe seems to work these types of situations out on its own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator