Film Reviews - what have you seen lately, what did you think?

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Kids are probably the reason you cry now. I don't have kids but I'm a total emotional wreck with most movies involving any death or sad situations.

I haven't seen Dory or read anything to even know if it's emotional, I just wanted to bust your balls a bit.

Oh I know. I wouldn't expect anything less!!!! :lol:

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
I freaking cried during Good Dinosaur when the dad died

Second date with a girl and we watched Field of Dreams.
When it got to the part where he said:
200_s.gif

:cry2:

There was no third date - she revoked my man card on the spot.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Interestingly (and slightly shamefully), I've gotten very emotional during movies in the last few years. I freaking cried during Good Dinosaur when the dad died. I don't know what has caused this change.

Anyway, Finding Dory wasn't even remotely close to causing a tear. I came close to falling asleep actually.

Alcohol increases your estrogen ratio....

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Kids are probably the reason you cry now. I don't have kids but I'm a total emotional wreck with most movies involving any death or sad situations.

I haven't seen Dory or read anything to even know if it's emotional, I just wanted to bust your balls a bit.
48838696.jpg

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Interestingly (and slightly shamefully), I've gotten very emotional during movies in the last few years. I freaking cried during Good Dinosaur when the dad died. I don't know what has caused this change.

Anyway, Finding Dory wasn't even remotely close to causing a tear. I came close to falling asleep actually.
It's definitely the kids and marriage thing. You watch enough kids movies where parents die or something else sad happens and you get used to it. Then you watch the romantic and sappy movies with your wife and the same thing happens. The next thing you realize is that you cry at all the sad things that happen in any movie. Now, I'm not talking about sobbing and snotting all over the place, I'm just talking about a tear or three trickling down your cheek that needs to be wiped away. Nothing major.
And as far as the man card being taken away is concerned, you give that away as soon as you sign that marriage certificate. Unless you are a total sleezebag of course

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

My son discovered The Good Dinosaur this past Saturday morning. He's made us suffer through it non-stop since then.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Only seen it once! :dance:

never seen or heard of it. My girl loves frozen, but I've never seen it... have heard the song too many times, but never the movie. She also loves Minions, so the despicable Me movies and Minion movies play in her room very regularly.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
never seen or heard of it. My girl loves frozen, but I've never seen it... have heard the song too many times, but never the movie. She also loves Minions, so the despicable Me movies and Minion movies play in her room very regularly.
Good Dinosaur is a good movie - just came out on video a week or two ago.
Never saw Frozen - my mother-in-law took the boy to the theater when it came out and he did not like it. :yes:

I love all the Minion movies - I can watch them multiple times and still be entertained.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Saw Deadpool last night. Most people would enjoy it because it has a bit of everything ( action, comedy, and a bit of a love story).
The opening credits are clever as well.

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Saw Central intelligence on Tuesday night after work for five bucks. I laughed… A lot

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Saw 10 Cloverfield Lane and Deadpool last night.

10 Cloverfield Lane, is very different that Cloverfield, John Goodman plays creepy very well. The rest of the acting is "blah". It was entertaining.

Deadpool was what I thought it would be and very entertaining. The stupidity started from the opening credits (read the opening credits). My wife enjoyed it as well, and she isn't a huge fan of the comicbook movies.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
So yeah, Finding Dory.

Wife thought the drive in would be good for the kids, but being the second weekend we were warned to get there early. So, parking at 6PM for a 9PM movie...kids play catch until a massive storm rolls in and drowns everyone. Rain stops, movie starts, drive in is packed to capacity. But the point here is the movie.

I can't say anything bad about it. It seemed to appeal to all ages, though my wife cried a few times. Overall, the team that made is appear to be hitting their stride making a great all-ages film with characters you can empathize with and cheer for, and laugh at. Definitely recommend it for those who have to watch a film with kids.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I honestly don't know how people can watch movies like X-men, ironman, superman, fast n furious, or a whole laundry list of movies in this vein. I guess it's my inner Ron Swanson talking but during the few times I've seen snippets of these movies the only thing I could think of was just how stupid they are.

As for crying, I don't even want to know the person who can watch Marley and Me without shedding a tear when the pooch gets put down.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
As for crying, I don't even want to know the person who can watch Marley and Me without shedding a tear when the pooch gets put down.

Colleen: I made a picture of me and Marley, Mommy wrote what I said 'Dear Marley I'll never forget you forever and there's kisses and hugs'

John Grogan: That's pretty, why don't you put it there

[on the blanket covering Marley]

Conor: Dear Marley I love you more than anything in the whole world, I hope you like heaven and have lots of things to chew on, your brother Connor Richard Grogan

John Grogan: That's a good one.

Jennifer Grogan: Patrick do you want to say something?

Patrick: No.

Jennifer Grogan: I want to give him something

[takes off her necklace, to John]

Jennifer Grogan: your Dad gave me this to celebrate the beginning of our family but our family had already begun

[to Marley]

Jennifer Grogan: goodbye clearance dog. :cry2:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I honestly don't know how people can watch movies like X-men, ironman, superman, fast n furious, or a whole laundry list of movies in this vein. I guess it's my inner Ron Swanson talking but during the few times I've seen snippets of these movies the only thing I could think of was just how stupid they are.

I can't watch those type of movies either. I guess we're in the minority.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator