Fire Mike White? Gators crushed like bugs at home to Alabama

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
We go off the deep end with every loss. Its just what we do here. If Gatorchatter existed in the 90s, we would have fired Spurrier just about every year since he didn't win the SEC or NC EVERY YEAR...Spurrier HIMSELF said that 10 wins wasn't enough for the fans...
Why would this post get multiple dislikes. The man speaks the truth. Hate him if you want, but save your dislikes for those posts that deserve it.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
I don't really give 2 sh*ts if we get a sell out because a bunch of old guys and families fill the nosebleed seats as long as the rowdy reptiles show up and make a lot of noise (and never ever do that dumbass dance again) and as long as we keep making the NCAA's and keep kicking azz once we get there.
You should give a lot of sh!ts about this. It leaves a terrible perception for recruiting. We won't keep winning without crazy, rowdy, sold-out fan support. Can't have empty seats on nationally Televised games. I'm not talking about those Nose Bleed seats, either. It's those prime seats behind the benches opposite of the rowdies. The cameras should face the reptiles. I live out West, so I watch all the games on TV. The esthetics of our presentation is bad. Very bad. Needs to be improved immediately.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Not insisting White be fired ... at least not yet. But other coaches should be on our new "watchlist" now. Per most excusings here, White will have to recruit gangbusters to get the players having the height & heft that the players that he has now don't possess? Recruit better ball handlers, better sharpshooters, better BBall IQs etc. etc. than he has? Only then will he be an HC worthy of hire?-- I mean worthy of keeping as UF's HC.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
How do we know how good our big men are, we never use them. Rarely do we generate any offense through them via post ups and pick and rolls etc. I miss the Billy D days of working inside out rather than jacking up jumper after jumper.

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
You seriously comparing the 2006 team to 2017's? :lmao:

I guess you only read the red part in my post and didn't read the part where I said I have pretty much lost hope for this season. I was clearly making the point that teams can get cold and hot very quickly in basketball. You are a cutie for trying to call me out for something I didn't say though! :p

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
You should give a lot of sh!ts about this. It leaves a terrible perception for recruiting. We won't keep winning without crazy, rowdy, sold-out fan support. Can't have empty seats on nationally Televised games. I'm not talking about those Nose Bleed seats, either. It's those prime seats behind the benches opposite of the rowdies. The cameras should face the reptiles. I live out West, so I watch all the games on TV. The esthetics of our presentation is bad. Very bad. Needs to be improved immediately.

Glad someone else gets this. Thank you.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Well he has 40 of those TO and if that ratio is supposed to be an indicator of how well a team is playing Oakland should be in the top 20. It's not his ratio that's the measure, it's when in the game they come. Lets stat out the loses and see what that ratio is. We'd have a losing record without Stone or Allen as well. Whats' you point? Mine is that we are in jeopardy of missing the tourney when we were a darkhouse in preseason to win it all. You think guard play isn't partly to blame for that? Stats don't tell the whole tale of the BS that we all can see with our own eyes.
How many games have you actually watched? Cheese is far and away the best player and MVP of this team. He’s a finalist for the Bob Cousy Award (top PG), and has a decent shot at the SEC POY award. He’s the best passer UF has had since........? And you want him benched for a poor performance against Bama. Right. Ok. :lol2:

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks for that level of commitment. Awesome Gator! I still have pride for sitting through every single Don Devoe home game while a student even though we Sucked so bad. Fun times. I wish the UAA would reward Gators who support the basketball team. If we don't work on our fan support, we will never rise again to the plateaus of the Billy D Era.

UF basketball will never have serious fan support as long as they abandon loyal fans for band wagon fans with lots of money. These fans vanish as quickly as they appear once the team trends downward.
During the back to back title years, the big money boys came out of the woodwork and UF doubled the booster contributions associated with the good seats.
Two years later, the big money boys had their pictures on milk cartons. UF has not learned this lesson since they repeated it again last year.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Large, wild crowds aren't the first notice of a recruit. The first notice is the school showing a fun style of play. Some ingredients in that are lots of winning, plenty of scoring, lots of on-court energy, teammate camaraderie, recruits' extrapolating all that to assure the HC is tops, etc. etc. Of course, provide all that and you attract reflective crowds.
I would hazard a guess that attendance grew to a peak with our repeat national champs team. Lots of wins, max fun, max crowd to see "crowd-pleasers".

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
How many games have you actually watched? Cheese is far and away the best player and MVP of this team. He’s a finalist for the Bob Cousy Award (top PG), and has a decent shot at the SEC POY award. He’s the best passer UF has had since........? And you want him benched for a poor performance against Bama. Right. Ok. :lol2:

I want him to play like a senior PG, a seasoned veteran that understands the situation in games when we need to score or at least get a good shot off on every possession. You're hung up on stats and awards he's nominated for. I've watched every game that was televised and his decision making at critical times has been fking awful and it's been commented on by others in this forum and the announcers of the games where has had played poorly down the stretches of games we've lost.

Maybe his stats will be even better in the NIT.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I want him to play like a senior PG, a seasoned veteran that understands the situation in games when we need to score or at least get a good shot off on every possession. You're hung up on stats and awards he's nominated for. I've watched every game that was televised and his decision making at critical times has been fking awful and it's been commented on by others in this forum and the announcers of the games where has had played poorly down the stretches of games we've lost.

Maybe his stats will be even better in the NIT.
Do you need a recommendation for an optometrist? The difference in level of play by the team when he’s sitting vs. playing is night and day.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I get it. It is frustrating to watch. Cheez is like the QB and when you are losing the QB and coach get the
scrutiny. The kid is all hustle heart and has smarts. But when our options are just outside shooting and it is abysmal we are screwed. No small PG in the world can make up for that. His stats ARE a great indicator of
his worth. Rebounding, assist to TO ratio all prove his importance. Games like Bama happen. You hate it but it can happen. We have had big wins and ugly losses this year. Donovan struggled awhile before he found the magic. Sometimes the chemistry or injuries or just sh#t happens. I honestly think it is the inside game that has crippled us. Another thing is they admit we have NO vocal leader. Allen and Hudson look all world sometimes but they are quiet guys, Even Chioza. We need a Noah,
Imagine if we had a skilled big like that with his passion on this team. Top 5 team for sure

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
UF basketball will never have serious fan support as long as they abandon loyal fans for band wagon fans with lots of money. These fans vanish as quickly as they appear once the team trends downward.
During the back to back title years, the big money boys came out of the woodwork and UF doubled the booster contributions associated with the good seats.
Two years later, the big money boys had their pictures on milk cartons. UF has not learned this lesson since they repeated it again last year.
New Rule: If you don't take your seat by four minutes into the game, it should be up for grabs by someone in the cheap seats. Solves the problem immediately without needing any additional boosters or fans.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Do you need a recommendation for an optometrist? The difference in level of play by the team when he’s sitting vs. playing is night and day.
Do you need a neuro-proctologist to get your head out of your azz? Did you read my post at all or are you too busy trying to convince yourself that his play is acceptable because without him, we'd only be .500 at best? What's you explanation for the piss poor performance so far for this team? I mean if we have the best PG in the country and all other aspects of the team aren't any different than what we knew they would be coming in.......what is it? We were projected to be better, much better and Egbunu wasn't figured in that equation so he's not the excuse. Who goes under the bus if not shytty back court play? White? Fine, I've been dogging his azz also because I hold people accountable for sort of poor performance. What's your answer? dont say no bigs presence, that was NO secret coming in. What's Whites T.O to assist ratio?

Last edited:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Do you need a neuro-proctologist to get your head out of your azz? Did you read my post at all or are you too busy trying to convince yourself that his play is acceptable because without him, we'd only be .500 at best? What's you explanation for the piss poor performance so far for this team? I mean if we have the best PG in the country and all other aspects of the team aren't any different than what we knew they would be coming in.......what is it? We were projected to be better, much better and Egbunu wasn't figured in that equation so he's not the excuse. Who goes under the bus if not shytty back court play? White? Fine, I've been dogging his azz also because I hold people accountable for sort of poor performance. What's your answer? dont say no bigs presence, that was NO secret coming in. What's Whites T.O to assist ratio?
Chris Chiozza is nowhere even remotely close to being the problem of this team. I'm talking the distance from here to the sun. If you've watched "every game" as you claimed you have, you'd know that.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
Chris Chiozza is nowhere even remotely close to being the problem of this team. I'm talking the distance from here to the sun. If you've watched "every game" as you claimed you have, you'd know that.
He not "THE" problem but his play has been erratic at times.....at the worst of times. I asked you a question as to why this team is underperforming that way that it is if not the backcourt play then what?

STUNZEED

Helpless
Oct 27, 2015

I love cheese but what's the difference? We lose by 12 as opposed to 18. That's the difference when he's on the floor?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.