Florida’s overall talent: Bad as we think?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Oh – and by the way I do think Huggins (Freshman)is going to be really good. And Dean (Freshman) has potential.

And as far as LB I think Ventrell Miller is going to be really good as well. I think he’s the only talented LB (potentially) on the roster.
Houston is good too.

The rest are shyt.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Dude. It’s the second ****ing game win arguably the least talented Florida team since 79. Here’s an idea, delete your account, and stop watching for 4 years if you can’t handle it. Just shut the **** up
It is. It is the worst roster with the worst coach we have had in thirty years.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Doesn’t always work like that. To think 100% of every coach has ever beaten teams with lesser talent means you don’t pay attention to football, ever.

Ohio State was blown out by Iowa. IOOOOWWAAAA. BLOWN OUT. OSU is the second most talent team in the country and Iowa is less talented than Kentucky. And this was Urbans what 5th year at OSU? Get a grip.

They say you can’t fix stupid and you certainly can’t make a loser ass team recruited by Mac all of a sudden good either.

Slevin, if you are paid to be top 10, at a place like Florida there are expectations. There are few must wins every Florida coach should have, Vandy and Kentucky are must win SEC games. No one is arguing this might be the worst talented teams in 30+ years, The last UF team I saw that was this questionably talented was Kerwin's last season. Mullen advertised himself as brining back the Florida Standard, we all knew this was going to be a rollercoaster season. But there are game you do not lose at HOME as the Florida coach. Muschamp should have been fired after losing to Vandy at home, and Mullen's leash got a lot shorter after Saturday night. No one is saying he can't turn it around (which is what you are saying about my argument) and he will get three years. But you can't tell me after losing to Kentucky at home doesn't change how easily that 4th season as Head Coach of the Florida Gator would have been.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Slevin sobered up and his Cousin Eddie love came back w a vengeance. He will be suicidal by the end of October. I may have to drive there and do an intervention.

Maybe they will let us throw some TDs to alums in order to pump up the stats.

BTW, I noticed on the schedule for this year on Gatorzone they list the Spring Game as a "win". :lmao2:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Not going to crucify Mullen as far as coaching yet but his let Franks pass on a bunch of 1st downs was a very naive strategy for that game. This team is only good enough to get away with practicing against a team like Southern or Idaho and not teams like KY or Vandy anymore.

If he doesn't get a decent class this year he deserves criticism for crappy recruiting.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
I’m not going to go through analyzing Kentucky’s class with ours, but those stars/numbers are pretty darn low.

Stoops and Kentucky have turned out some respectable classes. I bet the talent gap, especially along the o-line, is pretty narrow or maybe in the Cats favor.

F’ing Lazy Ass Mac.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
To think he’s worse than Mac or Zook or Champ is laughable.

He is a better coach than Mac, we'll see how Muschamp does at South Carolina which is about on par with MSU.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not sure where some of you guys are seeing and saying that we have more talent than the Kentucky's of the world. I sure don't see that and haven't seen that for years. From actually watching them play I see no players on this team that stand out to me as top talent. I see some players at the skill positions who MAY have talent that we can't see because they lack an o-line or good passer, but so far I've seen no one who I can look at and definitively say is a super star or even better than the players I've seen on teams like Kentucky, South Carolina, Miss. St. or hell, even UCF. Across the board we are a midlevel 30's to 40's ranked team.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Slevin, if you are paid to be top 10, at a place like Florida there are expectations. There are few must wins every Florida coach should have, Vandy and Kentucky are must win SEC games. No one is arguing this might be the worst talented teams in 30+ years, The last UF team I saw that was this questionably talented was Kerwin's last season. Mullen advertised himself as brining back the Florida Standard, we all knew this was going to be a rollercoaster season. But there are game you do not lose at HOME as the Florida coach. Muschamp should have been fired after losing to Vandy at home, and Mullen's leash got a lot shorter after Saturday night. No one is saying he can't turn it around (which is what you are saying about my argument) and he will get three years. But you can't tell me after losing to Kentucky at home doesn't change how easily that 4th season as Head Coach of the Florida Gator would have been.
You can keep saying this. Doesn’t change it happens all the time.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If he doesn't get a decent class this year he deserves criticism for crappy recruiting.
We keep lowering our standards for this too. An average class was 7 in the past. The only ones worse than that were transition classes and those when we just had very few seats to give so we took a very small class.

If he is going to turnnthis around we need a top5 ish class. The actual number isnt important but having close to the same number of bluechippers as the elite teams.

Another 10-20 Butters like class is essentially a death sentence for Mullinz. We need about three classes of top talent to compete again. Even if he got one of those and the team starts turning around three years later when they are juniors, there is no chance Mullinz survived til 2023 or longer.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You can keep saying this. Doesn’t change it happens all the time.
It doesnt happen to Leyers and SOS of the world but we know we hired another McElstain/Mushchump not a SOS or Leyer.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The problem is you can have a lack of talent and poor coaching... they aren't mutually exclusive.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
It doesnt happen to Leyers and SOS of the world but we know we hired another McElstain/Mushchump not a SOS or Leyer.
I literally just said how it happened to Meyer you dipshyt. Meyer lost to Ole Miss at home with his most talented team ever. He was blown out by Iowa last year. You literally put your blinders on and spout your bullshyt constantly. At least you're consistent

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
This is the least talented Gators team since the seventies. Anyone who paid the slightest attention to what Butters was recruiting should have known that. One third to one half of the roster is FIU/FAU crap, we agree.

And yet, we have more talent than Kintucky, Vandy, Col State and several others. Any losses to those teams is simply terrible coaching. We also have much more talent than Cowbell, Mizzu, and Cocks but fully expect those teams to destroy us also. (Mizzu vs our safeties is going to be something you dont want to watch.)

However we know that. Mullinz is a 50% coach versus teams that arent cupcake geographical schools. And has basically zero success against schools with more talent than he has.

I was hoping for seven wins, but unless he figures out the QB cant be the main ball carrier with this roster and that he needs to feed Davis, Toney, and maybe Pierce, I fully expect another 4 win season. He hasnt adjusted in the past. I dont really expect him to now.

As I said on another thread, UF's D gave up 21 points. That should have been a comfortable about point spread 35 to 21 type win for UF. But UF fans have been so beaten down by the bad offense of the last decade they don't see it.

The problem remains the same. UF does not have an offensive scheme nor coaching of a major college caliber.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
To think he’s worse than Mac or Zook or Champ is laughable.
He HAS a worse record today, has more embarrassing defeats, and will leave here with the worst UF record of any post probation coach.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I literally just said how it happened to Meyer you dipshyt. Meyer lost to Ole Miss at home with his most talented team ever.
:lmao2: This is Kintucky, not Ole Miss.

You really need some sedatives dude. You wont survive the next two months 6-8 losses) much less the next 2.5 years of the Mullinz error.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
As I said on another thread, UF's D gave up 21 points. That should have been a comfortable about point spread 35 to 21 type win for UF. But UF fans have been so beaten down by the bad offense of the last decade they don't see it.

The problem remains the same. UF does not have an offensive scheme nor coaching of a major college caliber.
Those 21 points should have been 35 if not for Kentucky shooting themselves in the foot with over 100 yards in penalties and 3 dropped Franks interceptions. Our defense sucks.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
:lmao2: This is Kintucky, not Ole Miss.

You really need some sedatives dude. You wont survive the next two months 6-8 losses) much less the next 2.5 years of the Mullinz error.
Now you’re saying ole miss isn’t some shyt team all because it doesn’t fit your narrative. You retain zero knowledge of history how the hell did you ever become a lawyer. I can definitely see how you were disbarred though

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator